Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Rough times for me so far in the hockiest. Spezza hurt, Trouba not even playing yet, Murray still hasn't started a game.

Pretty happy with my LSL team so far though aside from the goaltending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
My LSL team is doing unsustainably well over the first two weeks and it scares me

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I legit believe in team defense in hhl I'm actually winning this way.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Vicas posted:

My LSL team is doing unsustainably well over the first two weeks and it scares me

I'm not getting nearly as stomped in our matchup as I thought I was, considering the score was 14-0 for like, the entire week until Thursday

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
Ahh gotta love these first couple of weeks when I remember the hard way how fantasy hockey even works. Might end up leaving 2 shutouts on my bench in LSL because I forgot that any IR activity has to be done the day before to count for that day.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Early season and all, but I'm feeling pretty good about committing to Dubynk in both HHL and LSL. I wish he would spread these shutouts out though instead of getting them all in one week.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

MagicCube posted:

Early season and all, but I'm feeling pretty good about committing to Dubynk in both HHL and LSL. I wish he would spread these shutouts out though instead of getting them all in one week.
My HHL free agent pickup Cam Talbot is pretty nice. Goes well with Carey Price and MAF. Also hoping Marchessault ends up being legit!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Mrazek completely poo poo the bed yesterday, and still singlehandedly won me the saves category this week. I love the LSL.

Also I can't believe my HHL three-headed goalie monster of Thomas Greiss, Peter Budaj, and Craig Anderson is actually good so far. It doesn't make sense.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

genki posted:

Also hoping Marchessault ends up being legit!

I'm having a hard time getting a read on him. Obviously he's been producing very well, but I'm sure a lot of that is playing with Jagr and Barkov. On the other hand, he's always been a great AHL player and maybe he just needed the top-6 minutes to prove he could do it at the NHL level. I've only seen the Panthers once this year (against the Caps) and he didn't really stand out to me at all. Definitely worth holding on to though since he'll presumably be on that line at least until Huberdeau comes back.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I'm leading LSL mainly on the strength of Cam Talbot, so that's definitely sustainable.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I genuinely believe I might be 2-0 in LSL if Jack Eichel didn't get injured so I'll just be over here, sad.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Uhhhh I'm first place in HHL this isn't going to last

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm having a hard time getting a read on him. Obviously he's been producing very well, but I'm sure a lot of that is playing with Jagr and Barkov. On the other hand, he's always been a great AHL player and maybe he just needed the top-6 minutes to prove he could do it at the NHL level. I've only seen the Panthers once this year (against the Caps) and he didn't really stand out to me at all. Definitely worth holding on to though since he'll presumably be on that line at least until Huberdeau comes back.

You got an answer in the hockey thread that I think was probably correct (comparable is Parenteau), but the thing to keep in mind is that Florida is dealing with more than just Huberdeau in terms of center injuries. I'd probably hold on to him at least until both Huberdeau and Bjugstad are back and I wouldn't be shocked if he gets 60. PAP did have a nearly 70 pt season after all.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Well, that was a fun night to start Al Montoya.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Either of Stralman or Severson worth dropping for MDZ? I have both as potential 15th rd FA keepers and both are performing pretty decently so I'm reluctant to cut them.

My only defenseman who isn't really doing much is Chychrun. On one hand, the prospects of keeping him as a 23rd rd next year seem too good to pass up, other hand, I also have Werenski as a 21st to soften the blow and I'm trying to win a championship this year.

If no one picks Chychrun up as a FA and keeps him (don't think that would really happen in this league unless he really starts to put up some points), I think I could probably get him in the draft next year somewhere between rounds 16-20 which should still be pretty decent for a guy with his ceiling. Worth the risk?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 5, 2016

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Hanging onto Trouba finally paid off. I was getting antsy about it.

Now hopefully Winnipeg doesn't give him poo poo minutes.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Ginette Reno posted:

Hanging onto Trouba finally paid off. I was getting antsy about it.

Now hopefully Winnipeg doesn't give him poo poo minutes.

oh thank gently caress I was just going through that drop debate again

Also it looks like my brief period in the LSL sunshine came to an end on the back of goalie requirements, lol

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I didn't think Werenski was going to be my best defenseman in HHL but I'm glad that's paying off. I was worried about my keepers after this season since I'm losing Gaudreau and Forsberg, but it looks like having Werenski/Pastrnak/Buchnevich/Vesey on my roster is going to make those losses slightly more bearable.

Edit: I forgot I have Sam Bennett and Trocheck too.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am playing in a wacky league the counts shooting percentage and faceoff losses. Scheifele is only the 19th-ranked player in the league. The top-3? Laine, Anisimov, and Voracek.

I also thought it meant that you wanted MORE faceoff losses, so I drafted Bergeron super early, and grabbed MacKinnon because he has C/RW eligibility. How wrong I was.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Carey Price: worth the money.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I am currently losing my HHL matchup 0-12. I would be winning if I were facing almost literally any other team in the league. I am beginning to dislike H2H.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

mentholmoose posted:

I am currently losing my HHL matchup 0-12. I would be winning if I were facing almost literally any other team in the league. I am beginning to dislike H2H.

I thought you might get one point for shutouts but then Rinne happened last night so, hah

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mentholmoose posted:

I'm losing 12-1 as well though I'm having a bad week so I can't blame h2h on this one.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

mentholmoose posted:

if its any consolation, me beating you launched me from 12th to 5th, so I thank you for your sacrifice

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

RIP to my $117 star player. Everyone in HHL get your waiver wire value sheets ready in case it's a season-ender.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

My LSL team is just enough above dogshit that it's going to suck when I end up finishing 10-12th and miss the playoffs

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The first month for Sbisa Hutton Taco Bell was so bad that I'm leading 11-2 and if this score holds up I'd still be 10 games under .500

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It would be great if Steve Mason could stop being loving garbage.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

It would be great if Steve Mason could stop being loving garbage.

I wonder what poor souls drafted MAF high this year

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Ginette Reno posted:

I wonder what poor souls drafted MAF high this year

I just dropped him and picked up Jake Allen (who I had also dropped). Congratulations to me.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Swapping one guy on and another guy off IR is so much harder in this UI than it needs to be, goddamn

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Team defense is still cruising hhl. Still baffled

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I really don't know what to do with Brian Elliott in HHL at this point. He sucks poo poo but I don't feel like I can drop him.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am in a league that asks you to select one player from a selection of five and keep those players for the entire season. I had some difficulty with some of my choices, so I figured I'd come back to the thread and report how the picks are doing (I am also putting off doing actual work). Also, goals are heavily weighted. I am also currently in 17th place :(

Twin Cinema posted:

Henrik Sedin, Marchand, Neal, Marleau, or Galchenyuk

I was leaning on either one of Galchenyuk or Marchand. Jamwad convinced me to take Marchand. Galchenyuk is leading this group with 36 points, but Marchand has 29. So far, not a bad pick.

Twin Cinema posted:

Also, since you have been such a help, I have been stumped with Rielly Smith, Krejci, Ladd, Radulov, and Schenn. Again, I think the 'safe' bet is Ladd, especially since he'll probably be playing with Tavares. But it's hard not to look at Schenn's second half and wonder if he's finally put it together. I have just been burned by Schenn so many times in the past.

So far, my pick of Schenn has paid off. While Radulov is leading the group with 23 points, Schenn has 20. I successfully avoided the disaster that is Ladd (although a lot of teams at the top picked Ladd).

Twin Cinema posted:

My other two I am wondering about are Ryan, Hornqvist, Trocheck, Little, or Plekanec (either Hornqvist or Trocheck)

I went with Trocheck. So far, a good pick.

Twin Cinema posted:

Duclair, Bennett, Draisaitl, Fabbri, or Reinhart (really, any one of them. I can't decide).

My gut was telling me Draisaitl, but I went with Duclair. So far, a disastrous pick. If I went with my gut, I would be in 15th instead of 17th!

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I love how I took Jack Eichel off IR at like, noon PST and put him in my lineup but it doesn't put him in until tomorrow for some reason. He has two points tonight, too.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think lineup changes that involve dropping a player to waivers, which I assume you had to do to take Eichel off of IR, aren't reflected on the same day.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah, by default any roster moves aren't reflected until the next day. They recently added the functionality to change adds/drops to same day in the commissioner settings. My friends' basketball/hockey/baseball leagues are all like that now

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Somehow I went 4-0-1 in goaltending despite starting Bernier last night in LSL.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I got all excited to add Ramo in the LSL after he had been practicing with Toronto and they waived Enroth but someone has been sitting on him for the entire year what the gently caress LSL

Crawford and Quick both out :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
LSL goalies, baby, you better have 3

• Locked thread