Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I guess I'll probably do:

Matt Martin (3$)
Jason Spezza (49$)
Corey Crawford(79$) (eligible?)
Tomas Hertl (3$)

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

I'll fully admit, I don't watch Jets games, so seeing that Sheifele scored 29 goals and 61 points in 71 games is a surprise to me. An even bigger surprise is that the Hockey News has him pegged for an even bigger season. Who do I trust??

He's pretty good. Winnipeg has a decently deep forward lineup though so who knows if he'll get the ice time to top his previous season.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

I am in a league where you select one player from five, and stick with them for the whole year. However, the scoring is a bit weird. You get 2 points for a goal (1 point for an assist), then an additional point for a PP goal, 2 additional points for a SH goal, an additional point for a shootout winner, an additional point for a game winning goal and then 3 additional points for a hat trick. In the past, I haven't had much issue picking players, but it seems like the dude running the league has finally wised up, and made some really difficult categories. I am just wondering if anyone has any opinions about this category.

Henrik Sedin, Marchand, Neal, Marleau, or Galchenyuk

I am leaning towards Galchenyuk, but Marchand is tempting. I am just wondering if my love for Galchenyuk is overshadowing my hatred for Marchand. Marchand's shot totals went up, and he's seeing more ice time, but I don't know if I see him scoring 37 again. Whereas, Galchenyuk is still a young dude, and I think could see his totals rise slightly from last year. He really turned it on in the second half.

I'll be back in this thread to bug you about other selections.

One thing to consider is that Marchand had 4 SHG last year, and Galchenyuk none. SHGs are a bit difficult to project out though.

I dunno it's probably smart to take Galchenyuk because of the reasons you said, but it's not unreasonable for me to see Marchand getting 30+ goals again and probably 3-4 shgs which would make him a solid choice as well.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Hornqvist seems pretty good at staying healthy and he is going to be taped to Crosby again this season.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

hasn't he been with Sid or Geno for the last two years though? barely topping 50 points with them isn't all that great for fantasy

He had 51 points in only 64 games his first season with the Pens. This past season he only had 51 in 82 but considering half the season involved the whole team struggling I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could hit 60.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
In the Hockiest:

Achmazabinejad

in the LSL:

Tatar Salad

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The guy who dropped Crosby didn't know the rules which makes someone picking him up and expecting to keep him a bit unfair

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The difference for me is T-Bone knew Duchene could be still be plucked off waivers and kept whereas the other GM didn't know that about Sid.

Like if two gms tried to make a stupidly lopsided trade but weren't doing it intentionally then most other gms would still rightly vote it down. Similar scenario here imo.

Maybe your friend should be compensated in the name of a cheaper keeper or something for one season, i dunno.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Forgot I traded Hertl. Keep me Dubinsky instead for 9$

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

What do you guys make of Tkachuk? He's looked ok but I'm not sure if he's going to stay more than 9 games. I'm debating if I want to ride out the next few with him and see what happens or see if there is something better I could pick up now.

He's only getting 11-12ish minutes per game right now, so there probably are better options. That said you never know with a young player when he will suddenly show something and get his TOI ramped way up. Maybe wait a little longer and see how it rides out unless there is someone you really like to pick up.

e: Trouba needs to get traded already. I have him in the Hockiest and that league has a decent wire so I could probably find someone good but Trouba is solid and I'd hate to just toss him. Annoying that he isn't playing at all yet.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 20, 2016

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Letang is stupidly good and will hit 70 points if healthy. I guess he is an injury risk, but I don't like that trade. Parise could easily match Marchand's production as well, if not his goals.

e: I don't like banking on injuries in fantasy though. Unless we're talking about a Sami Salo level of injuries player I think you always just take the better player and hope they stay healthy.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 20, 2016

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Rough times for me so far in the hockiest. Spezza hurt, Trouba not even playing yet, Murray still hasn't started a game.

Pretty happy with my LSL team so far though aside from the goaltending.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Hanging onto Trouba finally paid off. I was getting antsy about it.

Now hopefully Winnipeg doesn't give him poo poo minutes.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mentholmoose posted:

I am currently losing my HHL matchup 0-12. I would be winning if I were facing almost literally any other team in the league. I am beginning to dislike H2H.

I'm losing 12-1 as well though I'm having a bad week so I can't blame h2h on this one.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

It would be great if Steve Mason could stop being loving garbage.

I wonder what poor souls drafted MAF high this year

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
My Hockiest team loving stinks. If anyone wants to offer me some futures for what established players I do have, I'll listen to offers. The only player I have that is off limits is Murray.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
HHL is irritating because my team is in 11th and probably won't make it but it's next to impossible to find a trading partner to even re-tool for next season because all the good teams are full of expensive vets. The bad teams seem to have most of the young guys worth trading for but none of them would have any reason to move those guys.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm open to moving Tavares and Backstrom in the HHL. I want cheap keepers.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mentholmoose posted:

Peter Budaj is apparently an impenetrable wall who is going to get my HHL team to the playoffs.

I'd be interested in Backstrom, unfortunately I don't really have cheap keepers. Unless you're interested in J.T. Miller for $1->$2. Or Nathan Beaulieu for the same.

Yeah honestly looking around the league the people who have keepers I'd want are all out of the playoffs and the people who are contending are all full of vets or what young keepers they do have are too good to be traded.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

last week in HHL is shaping up to be dramatic. 5 teams that could end up in 7th or 8th depending on how this week goes. I got t-bone so I'm pretty sure I'm hosed.

I think only the top 6 teams make it, so it's actually pretty anti climatic because #6 has all but clinched.

in the LSL the top 8 make it though.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Getting killed by Steve Mason and the 17th place team in LSL knocked me down to 9th and might end up costing me a playoff spot.

Matched up with T-Bone in the final week though, and he's currently in 8th, so I've got a shot. Gotta make up 13 points :/

I had a monster week to climb into 7th. Hoping to hang onto that. I'm playing #12.

I have no idea how I'm in the playoffs at all, though. I feel like I have a decent enough group up front but my goaltending is Elliot, Darling, and Hellebuyck. Darling just got hurt which complicates things even further.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 6, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I didn't realize how much goaltending sunk me in HHL until today when I looked at head to head stats and found out I had the league worst category in every single category. I guess that's what a mediocre Rinne and holding on to Brian Elliott for too long will do to you.

Elliot has actually been pretty good lately and I hope can keep that up because I finished 4th in LSL and him and Helleybuck is my tandem. I also have Darling but he's hurt so I reallly need one or both of those goalies to play well to have a chance.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mentholmoose posted:

I think I might finally be going to the LSL finals! :toot:

I'm slowing pulling ahead in the close categories and I'm up 9-4 right now. I'm so happy I'm actually doing something in the LSL playoffs for once!

You say that but I think you can still win that matchup. All you have to do is flip +- to win and you're one off Le-Tang Clan in that right now.

Is that you I'm playing? I always assumed I'd be undone by my goaltending eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

toe knee hand posted:

Yep. Just couldn't keep up with my dynamic duo of Cam Talbot and Thomas Greiss.

Shows you don't really have to fall for the goalie rush in LSL, if you get lucky.

I somehow finished 4th with a trio of Hellebuck, Elliot, and Darling. Darling was really good but didn't start a ton and the other two...yyyeah. Although Elliot was on a hot streak for a while there.

• Locked thread