Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It's letting me choose keepers in LSL.

I'll post my keepers for HHL in here as well even though we can select them on yahoo. I have three so far for sure and not certain about the 4th yet.
Johnny Gaudreau $6 > $7 (final year of keeper eligibility)
Filip Forsberg $3 > $4 (final year of keeper eligibility)
Vincent Trocheck $1 > $2 (first time keeper)

I can't decide if my fourth should be Hellebuyck or Tyler Johnson. Both are relatively cheap, although Hellebuyck will be cheaper. Johnson had an amazing playoffs which leads me to believe he'll be good next year, but Hellebuyck could be a very cheap starting goalie option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
my non-goon buddy in HHL (richards medications) said he would play again

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Oh ya I guess I should mention I'm Tay Tay in one of the leagues and Osti Pastrnak in the other one, I forget which is in which, but don't kick those.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
lemme know if you need me to post my non-goon friend's keepers.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

genki posted:

HHL is probably:
Braden Holtby ($59 -> whatever)
Mark Giordano ($3 -> whatever)
Dylan Larkin
Colton Parayko

Not sure how much I paid for those two, picked up during the season but I think I paid more than baseline for Parayko at least. Also not sure about formula, I thought it was 1.5x but Jamwad's post seems to indicate otherwise?

Also not sure how long I've had Holtby, this might be his last year. Karlsson was definitely the last year, and I don't want to pay for pavs/bergeron. Will try to rebuild a team ... somehow...

last year it was final value + 20%, unless the player was only $1, those become $2.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
HHL: Osti Pastrnak
LSL: Tay Tay

For HHL my non-goon friend changed his name to A Giroux'd Awakening. He asked me to post his keepers too, I guess to show he's still active. I'm not sure how long some of them have been kept already, and he's thinking about who he wants to potentially keep as a fourth.
Evgeny Kuznetsov $36 > $43 (last year of eligibility?)
Shayne Gostisbehere $1 > $2 (first time keeper)
Leon Draisaitl $1 > $2 (first time keeper)

mentholmoose posted:

I agree with this. And for what it's worth I'm re-upping in both LSL and HHL (Use the Schwartz! and Sixteen Yandles respectively).

I'm also considering keepers in HHL as well.

Sure locks are:

Vlad Tarasenko: $36 -> $44 (last year of eligibility)
Mark Stone: $2 -> $3 (last year of eligibility)

I'm not sure how I want to go from there. A couple of the options I have at the moment:

Anthony Duclair: $1 -> $2 (first year)
Jonathan Drouin: $1 -> $2 (first year)
Brad Marchand: $21 -> $26 (first year)
Ryan O'Reilly: $42 -> $51 (first year)
Sami Vatanen: $2 -> $3 (last year)
Matt Duchene: $45 -> $54 (first year)
Jonathan Huberdeau: $30 -> $36 (first year)
Kyle Palmieri: $1 -> $2 (first year)

I'm thinking O'Reilly and one of Duclair, Drouin, or Marchand.

I realize it's not really in my interest to help you, but I'd value O'Reilly the least out of those four to be honest. Marchand is an absolute steal at that price. Duclair and Drouin are dirt cheap, which would give you a lot more flexibility at the draft.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
while we're talking about Winnipeg, is Hellebuyck expected to get the majority of the starts this year?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jamwad Hilder posted:

For HHL my non-goon friend changed his name to A Giroux'd Awakening. He asked me to post his keepers too, I guess to show he's still active. I'm not sure how long some of them have been kept already, and he's thinking about who he wants to potentially keep as a fourth.
Evgeny Kuznetsov $36 > $43 (last year of eligibility?)
Shayne Gostisbehere $1 > $2 (first time keeper)
Leon Draisaitl $1 > $2 (first time keeper)

He's picking Dougie Hamilton as his fourth

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Marchand will score 30+ again if he keeps shooting like he did. Believe it or not, he actually shot under his career average last year, it's his volume that went way up. As long as he plays with Bergeron, I don't see that changing.

He's also generally a lock for a couple shorties every season.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I promise I'm not trying to toot the Bruins homer horn too much here, but a healthy David Krejci is probably the best of the group, and everything that's been put out there lately suggests he had a successful surgery and will be actually 100% for once. He's outproduced Ladd even in his injury-plagued years. Not sure what the scoring categories are but you have your faceoff wins + 70ish points. Ladd with Tavares is definitely hard to turn down, though. I don't think you could go wrong with either of those two.

For your other two, I think Hornqvist is "safer" but Trocheck has the upside. I'd take the gamble on Trocheck probably. I like Duclair the most from the young guys. Draisaitl would be nice too, I think he's the real deal but it's hard to tell where he slots in on that Oilers lineup.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 26, 2016

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Oh, duh, for some reason I was thinking Luke Schenn haha. I'd probably take Brayden.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
hasn't he been with Sid or Geno for the last two years though? barely topping 50 points with them isn't all that great for fantasy

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ok. I have decided on my keepers for HHL (Osti Pastrnak)

Johnny Gaudreau: $6 > $8
Filip Forsberg: $3 > $4
Vincent Trocheck: $1 > $2
David Krejci: $15 > $18

Total spend: $32

Krejci and Trocheck are first time keepers and have one more year of eligibility after this. Gaudreau and Forsberg will re-enter the draft for 2017-18. Speaking of, when are we drafting? The season starts in just about two weeks! :toot:

Fake Edit: I'll also repost my friend's keepers for HHL (A Giroux'd Awakening) since he's not a goon. Just in case it hasn't been set or whatever or it got missed.

Evgeny Kuznetsov: $36 > $43 (last year of eligibility?)
Shayne Gostisbehere: $1 > $2 (first time keeper)
Leon Draisaitl: $1 > $2 (first time keeper)
Dougie Hamilton: $32 > $39 (last year of eligibility?)

Total spend: $86

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Sep 27, 2016

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

T-Bone posted:

HHL draft for 10/11 at 9:00 EST. Let me know if that doesn't work for you and I'll see what I can do.

This date works well for me, but the date in the league says Monday the 10th. Wasn't sure which it actually is.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't think it's really fair to let him keep Crosby due to the circumstances. If it had happened during the actual season, then sure, I'd be ok with it.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
If we move the draft for LSL I'll probably have to drop out. I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Might be tough since you really need to pay attention in both of those drafts. HHL for the actual auction, and LSL is so deep that even with a lot of downtime I feel like I spend a lot of it looking ahead based on what other people are doing.

I'd still be up for giving it a shot though, at the very least we'd know if it's viable moving forward.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My problem with weekend drafts is that a lot of people travel or have plans, and I'd imagine that's especially the case this weekend since it's Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Was Duchene on waivers more than once? I checked the old fantasy hockey thread and the discussion about him getting picked up was in November, which is obviously fair game, albeit a stupid move by the original owner.

Even if Duchene had been dropped during the playoffs, that's still in-season. The Crosby pickup was after the season was technically over.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Koopa Kid posted:

I hope everybody's ready for my chatroom play-by-play of the Koopa Family Thanksgiving during the LSL draft

happy pre-thanksgiving

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
meh

1. (1) Connor McDavid C
2. (40) Semyon Varlamov G
3. (41) Nicklas Backstrom C
4. (80) Steve Mason G
5. (81) Victor Hedman D
6. (120) Jonathan Drouin LW
7. (121) Mats Zuccarello RW
8. (160) Carl Hagelin LW
9. (161) Brendan Gallagher RW
10. (200) David Pastrnak RW
11. (201) Colton Parayko D
12. (240) Ivan Provorov D
13. (241) Ryan Spooner C
14. (280) Jimmy Vesey LW
15. (281) Tyler Myers D
16. (320) Dmitry Orlov D
17. (321) Mike Ribeiro C
18. (360) Matt Read RW
19. (361) Jay Bouwmeester D
20. (400) Chris Neil RW
21. (401) Frank Vatrano C
22. (440) Ryan White C
23. (441) Oscar Lindberg C

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Pretty happy with how my draft turned out for HHL. I set a queue and went to bed before my last pick but apparently it got hosed up since I ended up with Mike Green and not one of the guys I actually wanted.

1. (12) Claude Giroux C
2. (17) Tyler Seguin C
3. (24) Pekka Rinne G
4. (32) Brian Elliott G
5. (62) Blake Wheeler RW
6. (73) Kyle Palmieri RW
7. (97) Keith Yandle D
8. (125) David Pastrnak RW
9. (146) Matthew Tkachuk LW
10. (153) Andrei Markov D
11. (163) Olli Maatta D
12. (167) Pavel Buchnevich LW
13. (177) Zachary Werenski D
14. (179) Mike Green D
15. (218) David Krejci C [K]
16. (219) Vincent Trocheck C [K]
17. (220) Filip Forsberg LW [K]
18. (221) Johnny Gaudreau LW [K]

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 11, 2016

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I feel like my team in HHL is nothing but impact forwards and a skeleton defense, although I guess it's not terrible.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
What do you guys make of Tkachuk? He's looked ok but I'm not sure if he's going to stay more than 9 games. I'm debating if I want to ride out the next few with him and see what happens or see if there is something better I could pick up now.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah, full disclosure it's HHL and I was thinking about picking up someone else who's been more productive, but the keeper aspect is also tempting me to ride it out with Tkachuk

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I would trade Letang/Parise for Marchand/Orlov without thinking twice.

I think Orlov is going to have a good year too. He was scratched or played third pairing last year, but the team seems to realize how stupid that is and he's getting good minutes so far. He gets 1st unit PP time and his regular pairing is with John Carlson.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

genki posted:

Also hoping Marchessault ends up being legit!

I'm having a hard time getting a read on him. Obviously he's been producing very well, but I'm sure a lot of that is playing with Jagr and Barkov. On the other hand, he's always been a great AHL player and maybe he just needed the top-6 minutes to prove he could do it at the NHL level. I've only seen the Panthers once this year (against the Caps) and he didn't really stand out to me at all. Definitely worth holding on to though since he'll presumably be on that line at least until Huberdeau comes back.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I didn't think Werenski was going to be my best defenseman in HHL but I'm glad that's paying off. I was worried about my keepers after this season since I'm losing Gaudreau and Forsberg, but it looks like having Werenski/Pastrnak/Buchnevich/Vesey on my roster is going to make those losses slightly more bearable.

Edit: I forgot I have Sam Bennett and Trocheck too.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

mentholmoose posted:

I am currently losing my HHL matchup 0-12. I would be winning if I were facing almost literally any other team in the league. I am beginning to dislike H2H.

I thought you might get one point for shutouts but then Rinne happened last night so, hah

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

mentholmoose posted:

I am currently losing my HHL matchup 0-12. I would be winning if I were facing almost literally any other team in the league. I am beginning to dislike H2H.

if its any consolation, me beating you launched me from 12th to 5th, so I thank you for your sacrifice

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I really don't know what to do with Brian Elliott in HHL at this point. He sucks poo poo but I don't feel like I can drop him.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think lineup changes that involve dropping a player to waivers, which I assume you had to do to take Eichel off of IR, aren't reflected on the same day.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

T-Bone posted:

So I might repeat in the HHL I got ridiculously lucky with some of these picks

I think it's mostly people being down on Rask and Bobrovsky because of last season. You got those two for a bargain. Burns was really cheap too, and in retrospect $110 for McDavid is probably under value.

There's still 11 weeks to go but I'm kind of down on my team. I went all in this year (I did the swap for Forsberg with you last year) but my keepers have been mostly disappointing between Forsberg being snakebitten and Gaudreau getting injured. Then the Brian Elliot gamble screwed me over. On the plus side, I was worried about rebuilding since I can't keep Forsberg or Gaudreau next season, but some of my draft picks are going to be nice keepers for the next two years. I have Pastrnak ($4), Werenski ($1), Vesey ($1), Buchnevich ($1), and Trocheck ($2). I also grabbed Schwartz off of waivers for $35 so that's a possibility too.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I still think I have the most ridiculous collection of forwards, with all due respect to T-Bones McDavid+Malkin+Panarin combo.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My LSL and HHL teams both kind of suck. But at least not as bad as the one guy who autodrafted in LSL.

HHL, I'm 12th but you look at the standings and the vast majority of the teams are under .500, so I just need to have a few good weeks. I think that's possible, my team is too good to be 12th IMO.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm in a weird position in HHL because I might need to offload veterans, but I'm also already set with cheap young guys. I can have Pastrnak, Buchnevich, Trocheck, and Werenski for the next three (two?) years as keepers so its not like I'm hurting for cheap, talented, players. I just don't know where to go with the team this year. I might just have to settle for a middling finish.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I feel like he's really struggled with Domi being out. If he was still playing I'd think Duclair would be chugging along just fine.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My LSL team is hosed. I mean, it kind of sucked anyway, but now that Varlamov is done for the year I'm basically guaranteed to lose goaltending every week since my only starter is Steve Mason.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I need goaltending in a bad way in HHL and I am willing to part with marquee forwards for one. Probably looking for a straight swap that doesn't involve keepers, but we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
last week in HHL is shaping up to be dramatic. 5 teams that could end up in 7th or 8th depending on how this week goes. I got t-bone so I'm pretty sure I'm hosed.

• Locked thread