Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

13th Forward Money League (4th? Season) Commissioner (Jordan7hm)
 maybe?

This didn't happen last year, but does anyone want to do it this year?

Its pretty straightforward... Pick 1 player / team, points and goalie wins only, no lineup setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If that's not a cap league, is a points league, and you have an IR I think you lose that trade badly.

If any of those things aren't true it's a lot closer. Letang is >> Orlov and Marchand is at best a small upgrade on Parise, at worst a small downgrade.

e: I made a trade yesterday. This is a multi category cap league with 17 guys so goalies are at a premium. Traded Brian Elliott for Kadri and a first round pick which will probably be a mid round pick. Dropped Ribeiro and picked up Kuemper. Basically I have zero respect for Elliott, love Kadri in multi cat leagues, and think Kuemper being traded is a real possibility given goalie injuries around the league and Minny having Stalock as a potential backup. My other goalies are Anderson and Philly's pair. Not world beaters but enough that I don't need to worry about GP.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 20, 2016

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If Letang is healthy he's a top 5 D in the league in both multi cat (he's a sneaky hitter / blocker and gets 50+ PIMs) and point leagues and Orlov isn't close to that. Betting against that isn't a bad thing but you're wrong the other guy wins a lot.

Marchand is a high % shooter but counting on a guy to shoot 15% to get the kind of numbers you need him to get is always going to be dicey. He's nowhere near as good at multi cat stats as youd expect for his reputation. If he falters Parise is just as good as him.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You do you obviously but based on last year you're giving up 100 shots, 60 blocks, 36 PPP and 30 pts, and only coming ahead on PIMs by 10 (in nearly 20 less games, which you can mitigate with IR...). You're banking hard on Letang being injured.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Made a trade today that nearly got vetoed. My Parise and E Staal for his Panarin. Roto categories make Parise very attractive and Panarin less so. Salary cap makes Panarin very attractive (relatively, his cap hit is still 3.5m) and Parise less so. He also offered me Giroux, but I'm in cap clearing mode so that was out of the question.

Not sure why he wanted Staal given I was also trying to move Kevin Hayes and Pirri. I think he loves Minnesota under Boudreau, and on that score I can't say I blame him. Boudreau owns, Minny players gonna reap the benefits.

Overall I still think I made out like a bandit though.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Why would you possibly keep Demko over Puljarvi?

Jesse's floor is probably higher than Demko's ceiling.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He is but he's on a team that's moving in the wrong direction and he's 3 years away.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Eh, maybe 2 years but I doubt he'll be a real #1 until the 19/20 season. Look at Gibson / Lehner / Vasilevsky / Hellebucyk... Even Mrazek doesn't get the spot undisputed and has to keep fighting for the job.

Goalies are dark magic. I'd drop Demko for Lehner and Perreault or Backlund for Spezza depending on categories.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm having a hard time getting a read on him. Obviously he's been producing very well, but I'm sure a lot of that is playing with Jagr and Barkov. On the other hand, he's always been a great AHL player and maybe he just needed the top-6 minutes to prove he could do it at the NHL level. I've only seen the Panthers once this year (against the Caps) and he didn't really stand out to me at all. Definitely worth holding on to though since he'll presumably be on that line at least until Huberdeau comes back.

You got an answer in the hockey thread that I think was probably correct (comparable is Parenteau), but the thing to keep in mind is that Florida is dealing with more than just Huberdeau in terms of center injuries. I'd probably hold on to him at least until both Huberdeau and Bjugstad are back and I wouldn't be shocked if he gets 60. PAP did have a nearly 70 pt season after all.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It would be great if Steve Mason could stop being loving garbage.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
In a full keeper salary cap league I have Kucherov and have been offered Tavares and Kyle Connor for him.

Kuch is riding some pretty unsustainable numbers but is 23 and the better scorer. Also has 2 more years of a great contract.

JT takes more shots and has probably lower numbers than he'll end up. Also his contract is still really good.

Connor is the wildcard that maybe swings it in my favour but... Thoughts?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

T-Bone posted:

How deep is the league? I'm not sure that Connor is gonna do poo poo this year at this point, and in fact is probably going to be sent down soon.

16 teams x 25 players + 10 player farm team. Is deep deep deep

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Not really having to do with my league or anything, but my brother is starting to write for Dobber Hockey this week. I'm pretty excited for him, he's starting to turn this fantasy writing thing into an actual career (though he's still far away from making a living at it).

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like I have 2nd locked down in one of my keepers. 300$ payout takes care of all three pools for next year and leaves me with enough to buy a case of beer.

That's two years a row in the money! Finally starting to get some consistency. And with the core I've built up this team is good enough to be back here next year too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Summer is basically still 2016/17.

I'm doing a draft in one of the keeper leagues I'm in right now. Traded a decent but expensive player (Martinez), a great player (Atkinson), and what will hopefully be a late 1st round pick next year, for Suzuki and Trocheck. And clearing out a roster spot to bring up Guentzel from my farm team and a couple million in cap space.

I figure Trocheck is a better long term keeper Atkinson: he's a bit more physical, didn't just come off a high sh% year, and is on a pretty good cap deal for quite a while, even if he costs more this year.

Losing Martinez sucks because of the pt / hit / block combo but if he was just having a great year and will come down to earth it's a move I'm happy to make. The extra cap space should help me keep Phaneuf, who brings that + PIMs.

Calling up Guentzel is obviously helpful, and I'm a big Suzuki booster. Real young, plays hard, scores a ton, might get called up early because Vegas sucks (this could be a negative, tough to say this early). More likely puts up insane points in the OHL and is worth a lot more than I paid for him this time next year.

I think I'm well positioned to finish in the money again this year, or even win if things fall my way (Marner, Guentzel, Buchnevich having big years + Crosby not getting hurt), but the thing that worries me is goaltending. It's so tough to gauge what good goaltending will be. I have Rask and Bob with the Subban and Korpisalo handcuffs and Grubeaur as a third. CLB is going to do worse. Maybe Rask and Grubeaur can pick up the slack.

Not even sure who I could target in a trade. Price isn't a lock given his upcoming raise + Montreal sucking. Murray is basically untouchable. Lehner is available but buffalo might be terrible again. Same for Mrazek.

Anyway I just really want to talk fantasy hockey. Is anyone else in this deep?

• Locked thread