Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm down to join any leagues with openings. I've never done auction before in hockey so that might be fun. I have a feeling my league from last year might end up folding due to lack of interest and I'd like to have a team this year that's not in some shitdick public league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'll take open spots in whatever league(s) akickassduke@gmail.com for invites

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Have you found a place to play yet? I may let you have my spot in LSL- I don't know if I can do either Thursday or Sunday for a draft and am not doing another Team Autodraft like the first time I played.

Yeah I'm still up to take any spots.

The only draft times in the next week that don't work for me are Wednesday night because I have work, and Monday night I'm going to a concert. Sunday night might be a bit dodgy since I have another draft then, but I could probably work it out if need be.

e: If the Mets win on Wednesday and then the NLDS goes to game 4, I'm going to have to work on Tuesday also, so I'd probably consider myself out for that until further notice just to be safe.

So if there are any leagues with openings that aren't drafting at those times, I'd be happy to take a spot

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 3, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

T-Bone posted:

What's your email again? I'll send an invite to the LSL.

akickassduke@gmail.com

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

In as Ken's Streakonomics

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I just need to say that whoever is SbisaHuttonTacoBell in LSL has my undying love

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Did my best to pre-rank for LSL draft tomorrow. Let us see what chance hath wrought

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Just drafted this team in the 2nd year of a 12 team keeper league:

1. (12) Joe Pavelski C,RW
2. (13) Corey Perry RW
3. (36) Phil Kessel RW
4. (37) Henrik Lundqvist G
5. (60) Patrice Bergeron C
6. (61) Oliver Ekman-Larsson D
7. (84) Wayne Simmonds RW
8. (85) Jason Spezza C

9. (108) Jeff Skinner LW
11. (132) Ondrej Palat LW
12. (133) Andre Burakovsky LW
13. (156) Scott Hartnell LW
14. (157) Ryan Suter D
14. (166) Robin Lehner G
15. (180) Connor Hellebuyck G

16. (181) Nikolaj Ehlers LW,RW
17. (204) Mikael Granlund C
18. (205) Mattias Ekholm D
19. (228) Jesse Puljujarvi RW
20. (229) John Gibson G
21. (252) Thatcher Demko G
22. (253) Zachary Werenski D
23. (276) Dylan Larkin C,RW
24. (277) Jakob Chychrun D
25. (300) Pavel Buchnevich LW

Bold are keepers from last year (+1 round, Larkin same round you get your last guy free if he's in the last 5 rounds, so Chychrun/Buchnevich will be eligible if they last on the team all year)

Palat-Pavelski-Perry
Skinner-Bergeron-Kessel
Hartnell-Spezza-Simmonds
Ehlers-Granlund-Larkin
EX: Burakovsky, Puljujarvi, Buchnevich

OEL-Suter
Werensky-Ekholm
Chychrun-?

Lundqvist
Gibson
Lehner
Hellebuyck
NA: Demko

How does it look? I think it's solid; the only category that I don't feel super confident in is faceoffs (loaded up on W eligible C last year and won every week but everyone else caught on to that this year and I couldn't do it again). I think there's some pretty good value there.

Also, with stashing Demko, I now have a roster spot open for a 6th D. These look like the best options in no particular order. Thoughts on who I should grab?

Gudas
Savard
Kulikov
Severson
Nurse
Slavin
Marchenko
Skjei
Johns
Honka

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 10, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Addendum, the best part of the team is the name and lovely photoshop logo.

Introducing

NUCLEAR KESSELS

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Also, with stashing Demko, I now have a roster spot open for a 6th D. These look like the best options in no particular order. Thoughts on who I should grab?

Savard
Kulikov
Severson
Slavin
Johns

I've narrowed my choices down to these guys but I'm still pretty undecided

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I took Lundqvist at 4.1 in the 2nd year of my 12-team, two goalie, keeper league (so really like 5th round after all of the kept players above him) and Crawford at 5.6 the first year. That's about as early as I go on a goalie and only if I'm not enamored with any of the skaters (usually forwards) available.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Did my best to pre-rank for LSL draft tomorrow. Let us see what chance hath wrought

:shepface:

Just got home my concert, was scrolling through my team...

"Not so bad...

Okay (semi enthusiastically)....

Okay (matter-of-factly)...

Oh...

Oh NO."

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I really need a goalie getting Zatkoff would've been a huge deal for me

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm in a keeper league and I'm having trouble deciding who I should drop to take Lehner, and eventually Spezza, off IR.

Potential candidates are (with round values):

11. Burakovsky
15. Backlund (FA)
15. Fisher (FA)
15. Perreault (FA)
15. Ehlers
18. Puljujarvi

I already have Demko in my only NA slot and Puljujarvi looks like he's on the fast track to getting sent back after his 9 games, so I can't really burn a bench spot on him all season. I sill would rather hang on to him to try to work out a trade maybe. Ehlers and Burakovsky are the guys with decent long term value, so they should be holds, but Ehlers' ice time has been kinda up and down so far this season and Winnipeg seems deep enough at forward that I'm not sure it'll trend upward. Two of Perreault/Backlund/Fisher seem like easy drops, but they're helping me in faceoffs a ton and Backlund and Fisher's ice time is encouraging so far (and 4 A in 9 GP / 4 P in 6 GP is alright I suppose)

I think dropping Perreault today for Lehner is really my #1 move, but I'm having trouble deciding on the second one when Spezza comes back. If I can't trade him away in the next 24-48 hours, I think I have to drop Puljujarvi, right? Or should I just let Backlund/Fisher go to the wire and hold Puljujarvi a little longer and try to work out a trade, and if so, which one should I drop? Probably Backlund, right? And someone convince me that I should be more optimistic about Ehlers' prospects this year

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

Why would you possibly keep Demko over Puljarvi?

Jesse's floor is probably higher than Demko's ceiling.

I have him in the dead last round and I have a boner for goalies I guess. I was also under the assumption that Demko is supposed to be Good.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 29, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I didn't think he was supposed to be that far off, but if that's really the timetable, then yeah, it makes sense to dump him and keep Puljujarvi then just hope I can re-draft Demko next year or something

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Well dropping Demko doesn't do anything to get me out of my roster crunch until Puljujarvi gets sent down, so it'll be Perreault and Backlund. That was my initial thought but needed to talk it through, thanks

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Either of Stralman or Severson worth dropping for MDZ? I have both as potential 15th rd FA keepers and both are performing pretty decently so I'm reluctant to cut them.

My only defenseman who isn't really doing much is Chychrun. On one hand, the prospects of keeping him as a 23rd rd next year seem too good to pass up, other hand, I also have Werenski as a 21st to soften the blow and I'm trying to win a championship this year.

If no one picks Chychrun up as a FA and keeps him (don't think that would really happen in this league unless he really starts to put up some points), I think I could probably get him in the draft next year somewhere between rounds 16-20 which should still be pretty decent for a guy with his ceiling. Worth the risk?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 5, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

My LSL team is just enough above dogshit that it's going to suck when I end up finishing 10-12th and miss the playoffs

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah, by default any roster moves aren't reflected until the next day. They recently added the functionality to change adds/drops to same day in the commissioner settings. My friends' basketball/hockey/baseball leagues are all like that now

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

oh man if Bishop is out :pray:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm trying to win now primarily, but also thinking of the future a bit. I was offered either Toffoli (13th next year) or Huberdeau (8th next year) for spare parts and I'm wondering what anyone thinks might be the better target for this year? The future?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah, last year my team was a freight train so I could've "burned" a roster spot to carry a guy like Toffoli for the future, but this year is going to be more of a battle and I think Huberdeau offers me the best combo of win now and future value, just needed someone to corroborate that to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Playing one of the teams in LSL at the bottom of the playoff bracket who are all like 4 percentage points away from each other. My poopy butt team going to play spoiler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I was in a league that was a three man race all season, I'm going to lose to the #2 seed by a few GAA and SV% points, 1 PPP and a handful of shots. No Malkin all week and Crawford being poo poo sunk me.

Even all that considered, I'd've beaten the 1 or 4 seed 7-4-1 and the 1 seed laid an egg, so the #2 should moonwalk to a championship after dispatching me, and I'll probably get haymakered and finish in 4th :rip:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 27, 2017

• Locked thread