Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
How deep is the league? I'm not sure that Connor is gonna do poo poo this year at this point, and in fact is probably going to be sent down soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jordan7hm posted:

16 teams x 25 players + 10 player farm team. Is deep deep deep

Might be worth it then -- you get Tavares in his contract next year too and Connor will improve really quickly.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
So I might repeat in the HHL I got ridiculously lucky with some of these picks

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I did think Rask would rebound but Bob was pure luck -- I think I originally got in on him to drive up the price.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
My HHL team is absurd, which means it will choke in the first round like that LOL team I had a few years back that won like 16 weeks in a row.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mentholmoose posted:

LSL right now I'm seventh, but there's only 7 points separating fourth and tenth; with my easy remaining schedule I think I have a shot at the division still. Or I might miss the playoffs entirely.

I'm right on the edge in LOL and HHL; with a good couple weeks I could be in to get owned by the hilariously dominant 1 seeds.

Petr Mrazek was not a good choice in the LSL draft. I could have had Bobrovsky instead, and probably would have been cruising with him and Gibson right now.

Yeah I'm in the playoffs in the LOL with my autodrafted/waiver team but it doesn't have a chance.

My LSL team is alright, I think it's probably on the way to yet another 2nd round exit.

e: I'd say I'm in the market for veteran upgrades in the HHL but I don't have a lot of youth to offer. Panarin and Ekblad I guess but they've only got a year left and with Panarin there's not much to upgrade him to.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I just went from 2nd to 7th with a 2 point buffer in the LSL, gentlemen we have a race

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I would maybe willing to package Ekblad and Henrik for a veteran upgrade if anyone in the HHL is interested.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I might blow my playoff spot in the LSL. Playing the 9th seed and I'm down 3.

e: yeah my autodrafted LOL team is gonna make it but it stands no chance. HHL I'm the favorite but it's been close lately, having to only win a couple of games because of the bye will help though I hope.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ended up 6th in the LSL, and top seed in the making GBS threads gold HHL team I drafted. Holding on to 6th in the LOL with a 23 point lead on 9th so barring a spectacular collapse I'm OK there.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Koopa Kid posted:

Welp, Malkin, Johnson, and Lundqvist are all dead so that's probably the end of the playoffs for my LSL team. One of these years I'll justify my seed again.

You destroyed me like two weeks ago, too -- sorry dude.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Koopa Kid posted:

It's the beauty of fantasy hockey!

I've lost in the semifinals every single year since winning it the first season, I don't expect this one to be any different.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mentholmoose posted:

Devan Dubnyk clearly did not get a shutout.

What exactly is the playoff tiebreaker in LSL? I have the tiebreaker if it's head to head record or seeding, but I'm not actually sure if it's either of those.

I believe its H2H.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
this is like 5 or 6 seasons in a row of losing in the semis in the LSL (altho I did win the inaugural season).

Looks like I'll be going for a repeat in the HHL, and somehow my poo poo LOL team might get to the second round.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mentholmoose posted:

You say that but I think you can still win that matchup. All you have to do is flip +- to win and you're one off Le-Tang Clan in that right now.

He has too many guys going I think, I don't think I'll hold on to blocks either. Crawford's bad week did me in.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

genki posted:

Bah, I probably could have won HHL if I was willing to gut my team to flip some secondary categories like SOG and BLK, but that's not exactly a smart long term strategy (hello leafs). Oh well.

edit: now that I look, I guess you won by doing some swapping over the last few days? looks like just one or two guys (like five times), not sure it made the final difference. Suppose I could have paid more attention, oh well. If talbot hadn't poo poo the bed I could have had it.

I think I probably had it won anyway, but yeah I swapped a bit at the end. An entire week Malkinless and then Ekblad/Rask going down was rough though. I may not win this thing if he doesn't come back this week.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Back to back in the HHL with the luckiest draft of all-time, woo.

I think McDavid is actually probably worth keeping at $125 or whatever next year, too.

I'm in the LOL finals somehow, I feel bad for beating Pronger Physics, his team was actually good.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Technetium posted:

Congratulations to me on winning the LOLHL, the league where 3 of the 14 teams showed up to draft.

I feel less good about making it to the finals with my autodrafted team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Technetium posted:

The non-autodrafts should feel worse.

I mean, I do work the gently caress out of the waiver wire.

• Locked thread