Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie

Hello, BYOB. This thread is exactly what it sounds like. I'll be honest, I was feeling a bit bad about not finishing the Pokemon LP (thanks salmiakki) so I figured I'd try and do an LP of a game that i could keep sustained interest in. Now, I know what you're thinking. World of Warcraft? Seriously? It's actually not that bad. The gameplay may be dated, but it's still an expansive world that doesn't take itself too seriously, and there's enough neat stuff here and there to show to y'all.

This LP definitely isn't going to get into raiding or anything like that, instead focusing on leveling, sightseeing and whatever interesting stuff may be hiding in Azeroth. Who knows where it'll take us?

To that end, let's make us a character. First, we need to pick a class.

warriors are big ol' dudes or dudettes in heavy armor that hit things, using the power of anger to fuel special attacks.

hunters are sort of the stereotypical ranger, wielding a bow (or gun), setting traps for their foes and employing the aid of an animal companion.

rogues have two deadly weapons: sneaking and knives.

priests can heal their allies and protect themselves with holy incantations, or just as easily wield deadly shadow magic to bring pain and insanity to their foes.

shamans draw their power from the very earth itself to do such things as walk on water, throw lightning, and heal their allies. they also have totems, which do things.

paladins are a bit of warrior and a bit of priest.

monks are mystical hand-to-hand fighters with hella mobility.

warlocks wield dark and powerful magics to wither their opponents, manipulate souls, and summon demon friends.

druids can shapeshift, taking on a number of forms to fulfill any role.

there's also mages, but i've already got one of those, so that's off the table. vote about it, please!

UPDATES

I: Beginnings in Teldrassil
II: Questing and Wanderlust
III: A Particularly Brief Visit to Stormwind

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

feral Druid has my vote. best leveling experience overall plus has several shapeshifting forms for exploring

FluffieDuckie

would it help if i banned you if you don't finish this one?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Scaly Haylie

FluffieDuckie posted:

would it help if i banned you if you don't finish this one?

Let's say upkeep since I don't know where or when I'd end it, but yes. :toxx:

But I can't finish it without starting it, and to that end I'd love it if you voted too.

Ace of Baes
you know there's a forum specifically for LPs op
https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=191

treasure bear

i will make a vicious pun on your name and post it online for all to see if you do not finish the lps you have already started

Scaly Haylie

please just vote

treasure bear

rogue

Scaly Haylie

thank you

MrWillsauce

does this game have dwarves in it

Scaly Haylie

MrWillsauce posted:

does this game have dwarves in it

yes! however, not all races can be all classes, so we'll see how class voting goes.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

when I played I played warlock and had a lot of fun so I say warlock

Piso Mojado

protoss

MrWillsauce

ok I change my vote from dwarf to protoss. I mean, beards are cool but... carriers

also can this be a serious narrative roleplaying lp

Scaly Haylie

MrWillsauce posted:

ok I change my vote from dwarf to protoss. I mean, beards are cool but... carriers

please vote on class, race is later

MrWillsauce

lol what class? :boom:

Scaly Haylie

Bo-Pepper posted:

when I played I played warlock and had a lot of fun so I say warlock

i'm curious, when did you play?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Lizard Wizard posted:

i'm curious, when did you play?

i played in a guild fairly serious about end game content a while back around when Wrath of the Lich King was the thing and then i stopped playing because it was a bad thing in my life doing it so much and then i met my future wife COINCIDENCE?

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
druid

animal companions are so cool

Scaly Haylie

HighwireAct posted:

druid

animal companions are so cool

it's hunters who get animal companions. druids are their own animal companions though.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Lizard Wizard posted:

it's hunters who get animal companions. druids are their own animal companions though.

o right

changing my vote to hunter then

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

warlocks get an imp a fat blue blob a sexy demon lady a bitey magic eating doggie or a hulking demon warrior man

MrWillsauce

I wanna see a sexy demon lady

Scaly Haylie

MrWillsauce posted:

I wanna see a sexy demon lady

odds are, we will

MrWillsauce

aww yeha

FutonForensic

i like paladins because they are kind & helpful, but also STRONG and HUGe. i LOVE being a NICE BIG BOY

Scaly Haylie

NEVER MIND

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 19, 2016

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

FutonForensic posted:

i like paladins because they are kind & helpful, but also STRONG and HUGe. i LOVE being a NICE BIG BOY

Seconded. Also, pre-emptive vote for Blod Alf.

Ostentatious

warlock is really bad aside from demonology at the moment so pick the worst race

Scaly Haylie

Munchables posted:

Seconded. Also, pre-emptive vote for Blod Alf.

i'm alliance, so no.

Scaly Haylie

oh gently caress what? are votes still happening? okay, i'll give class voting some more time. :sweatdrop:

Munchables

Lizard Wizard posted:

i'm alliance, so no.

How could you do this to me

Scaly Haylie

my boyfriend's alliance, so it wasn't really my choice :v:

MrWillsauce

we're your boyfriends now

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Ostentatious posted:

warlock is really bad aside from demonology at the moment so pick the worst race

that's sad to hear

when i was really playing i loved clowning on raid mages with my affliction warlock

Munchables

Lizard Wizard posted:

my boyfriend's alliance

Bo-Pepper posted:

that's sad to hear

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i'm having flashbacks about obsessing over my spell rotation

Scaly Haylie

i mean, at least varian didn't cause the worst expansion

Piso Mojado

Liz wiz, why don't you just pick a race/class and just start playing. half the people here don't know what the races/classes are anyhow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious

Bo-Pepper posted:

i'm having flashbacks about obsessing over my spell rotation

BE SURE TO SNAPSHOT THE DOT

SNAPSHOT THE DOT

• Locked thread