Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie

we start today's update on a highly unremarkable note, having picked up a recipe to upgrade our health potions into better ones.

we then learn a recipe requiring fish that i'm gonna have to google where to catch, thanks a lot blizz. lesser healing potions will still be good for skillups for a bit though!

with this in mind it's back to loch modan, checking to see if any of the schools of fish in the loch (that dark circle in the water) are oily blackmouths.

they're not.

then we get told to kill some kobolds

and boy oh boy lemme tell ya we sure do that

it's because they're doing mining in dwarf land but whatever check out these new gypsy trousers of agility

and this snappy healin' robe we probably won't use

we even find some nice gypsy gloves! loving the splash of green. also we hit level 19 but it doesn't really come with any new stuff.

next up: a bunch of quests closer to the loch dealing with murlocs.

but gently caress that, the darkmoon faire is in town! the darkmoon faire comes once a month.

tickets, prizes, all that good stuff. the tickets carry over from month to month so you bet your sweet rear end we're saving up for the ten-speed bicycle unique mount

we volunteer to mix some drinks, tape some carnies' fingers back on, and pick some mystery herbs for the faire.

also battering and deep-frying frogs but i didn't get a screenshot of that so please take my word for it

while we're here we take the opportunity to play some carnival games for fun and tickets, natch

the xp off those errands is surprisingly good, and thus ding 20! :toot:

as a direct result of this, the day elf finally gets his mount, the striped dawnsaber. mounts are faster than our travel form, but take a few seconds to summon whereas travel form is instant, so travel form is still useful for short distances.

ALSO now that we're level 20, questing in loch modan is now suboptimal, as you can see by the fact that the quests there have turned green.

we have three options for more level-appropriate questing. we could:

• continue helping out the dwarves in the wetlands. i don't remember this zone but it's wet and it's got dwarves, i can tell you that much.
  • see what quests await us in duskwood. we'd be reporting to someone named althea ebonlocke in the village of darkshire, so that's the kind of thing we'd be in for.
  • go to ashenvale, which is night elf turf. apparently they're having some problems with horde aggression!

where to?

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

problematic hug

what..? oh. oh dear

Scaly Haylie

problematic hug posted:

what..? oh. oh dear

what are you trying to say

problematic hug

http://bfy.tw/83PA

Scaly Haylie

ohhhhh, i thought you were saying something about the item levels, whoops!

also please vote :shobon:

problematic hug

ok. duskwood

e: i couldn't get the link to work right on my phone that's why i used that site. i forgot how snarky it was

problematic hug fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 6, 2016

Macnult

I vote for duskwood too

shwa

yeah I'm a game yeah I play girls
Duskwood

Scaly Haylie

saw this and thought of you, thread

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

Lizard Wizard posted:

saw this and thought of you, thread

Scaly Haylie

So! With a bit of googling around I eventually figure out that our destination, Duskwood, is south of Stormwind City.

Technically I could've gotten to Stormwind much faster by taking the Deeprun Tram, but hey, no Peggle on there.

After landing in Goldshire, entering Duskwood is a matter of heading straight southeast.

And there it is. A thick and foreboding canopy.

En route to our would-be quest objective, we stumble upon a spider. We can probably take him!

ow

When you die, you become a ghost and have to go run to your corpse to resurrect.

If you don't want to go all the way back to where you died you can have the graveyard ghost lady resurrect you, but it gives you a massive debuff so it's generally not worth it.

This time, we make very sure to use stealth. :sweatdrop:

We pick some herbs along the way, naturally. It takes about 21k XP to get to level 21, so the XP gain here is nothing to sneeze at!

Eventually I decide to make a beeline for the road, where there will be far, far fewer monsters. Perhaps it's the darkness, but I do have a bit of trouble in this zone overall.

When we arrive in town, we are given a quarry befitting this dark and spooky place.

We're also given a few quests with somewhat...tastier rewards. Can't use the recipes, but hey, the XP's still good!

We proceed to kill a lot of wolves and spiders, and for our efforts we ascend to level 21.

We're informed of a spooky tower, rampant zombies and hostile werewolves in the area. The tower will probably have to wait until next time.

And oh yeah, some guy wants to know what the hell happened to his brother who moved here. Our only clue, conveniently enough, seems to have been stolen by them thar werewolves.

Not pictured: a trip to Stormwind to learn more alchemy recipes gated by Oily Blackmouths. I should really just buy some off the auction house.

After that, we take up the burden of helping a dude build a telescope. First we'll need a mirror!

It's in the possession of a nasty monster because of course it is.

We summarily dunk on some werewolves and zombies, and find out that Tobias' brother was hired on as a teacher I guess!

The Insane Ghoul and the Rotting Horrors present a slight problem in that they release poison gas upon death. Redeath?

:toot:

After doing our turnins, we reach level 22, looking somewhat more professional...from the waist up. We'll mop up the rest of Darkshire next time.

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
owned by the black widow from the black widow thread

Scaly Haylie

If anything, I'm being owned by my lack of oily blackmouths.

ron color
i thought this game blew up in an expansion but its looking the same. please include more peggle shots

Ofecks

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

No heirlooms, no dungeons, and you're still outlevelling the gently caress out of zones. I thought they fixed that?

For anyone wondering the whole "ding" term comes from vanilla WoW, as you really had to work for your levels, especially the higher ones (40-60). They were accomplishments in themselves.

Check the Westfall coast for blackmouth schools.

ron color
ACTUALLY

Scaly Haylie

Ofecks posted:

No heirlooms, no dungeons, and you're still outlevelling the gently caress out of zones. I thought they fixed that?

Do recall that I'm getting herbalism XP, and did a few trivial Darkmoon Faire quests with really good XP.

Scaly Haylie

ron color posted:

i thought this game blew up in an expansion but its looking the same. please include more peggle shots

It's more evident in some areas than others I guess!

Bhauk
Two surly gnomes enter. I await them to join me at my table. They make no note of me so I go shadowform, with my hands under the table, slowly masturbating

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Scaly Haylie

Please do not, Bhauk.

Scaly Haylie

First things first! I forgot to mention it last update, but I bought a dagger off of an NPC merchant because we were still stuck with our dumb baby mallet.

No stats on it, but it's an improvement!

Today will start not with questing, but westing! Which is to say going directly west into Westfall, where apparently we can get our hands on those elusive oil fishes.

On the way there we pick up a quest that I'm only really screenshotting because it's called The Yorgen Worgen. We'll do it later.

Westfall's nice and sunny. :unsmith:

We get to the coast, drop a line into the water and proceed to reel in them fishy-fish.

While there I realize that the crabs will go a long way towards leveling my cooking and I decide gently caress it, let's put some effort in. We get a surprising amount of mileage out of their succulent meat!

After that I stop by Stormwind to learn a potion recipe that uses Briarthorn and Bruiseweed instead of dumb rare fish oil.

Really, I'm only including this screenshot to show that Stormwind is overpopulated and crowded. I hate going there, basically.

Time to check out that tower.

Oh okay, it's just an innocent old man who wants loving HAIR FROM A GHOST

Today was the day that I tricked a ghost into combing her hair so I could hand over the used comb to an old man for unknown, dark purposes.

We also have a quest to kill some skeletons, who cares though

We claim our reward: a ring made of dirty ol' ghost hair.

zombie juice sounds like it'd be some pretty strong stuff.

HMMMMM. also the pants are caster pants and thus useless to us

More spooky poo poo about that dude's brother.

We come across the Yorgen Worgen's dirt mound. Some random-rear end Worgen shows up and whaps us in the back of the head before we can search it though. I guess that's that. :shrug:

Time to go get another part for that telescope...

...and while we're at it, recover a package for ol' creepazoid back at the tower which happens to be in ogre territory.

Stealth: the best.

Whoa whoa whoa, we're not giving up now. Not when there's a belt in it for us.

:hellyeah:

I'm leaving out the part where we got zombie ribs for him so he could build a scarezombie. Guess how it went: we got zombie ribs for him so he could build a scarezombie.

Ohhhhhhhh dear.

Next time, we face the consequences of our actions!

Current level: 24

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 12, 2016

Ofecks

You have 3 of the same screenshot in a row (Abercrombie's quest rewards). Any particular reason why this is in byob instead of the actual LP subforum?

Siegkrow

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

In the lp subforum he'd have to make long effortposts.
Not shutting him down, but something this relaxed is better off here.
PD: I'm still waiting for you to complete your skyrim LPs lizwiz! :argh:

Scaly Haylie

Siegkrow hit the nail on the head. I'll look at fixing the images when I get home.

Scaly Haylie

there i fixed it

Scaly Haylie

[img]http://i.imgur.com/u5farzm.jpg[/im
Last time I said we'd face the consequences of our actions. They happen to come in the form of an Abomination, which for all intents and purposes is a Frankenstein but like ten times worse.

He's not really an issue, and we get honestly a really good ring out of killing him.

We come across a traveling salesman on our way to murder more werewolves, and score some pretty nice bracers! :toot:

murder murder murder

Okay so the guy's brother was a jilted lover and got mad, I'm guessing murder

In the meantime though, time to get our reward for killin' werewolves.

Aw hell yeah, further towards clownsuit status

anyway we hold some kind of family ring seance with the corpse of the murderboy

"yes i killed in anger but you too are the anger, see, you're a werewolf"

I'm glad the laughing skull and XP number are here to ruin this moment.

with that, our business in darkshire is done. also we're level 25 now.

and speaking of going up a number, tomorrow's my 31st birthday. I'm going to be smoking weed with my brother and maybe playing on my new PS4, and as such I'm going to be far too busy to update for the next three days. FluffieDuckie has allowed me to take three days off for this, and my duties will resume on the 16th. You can expect an update no later than the 18th!

Macnult

congrats on the irl ding lizwiz

Scaly Haylie

Eh, I'm not even getting a talent.

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
playing ps4 is a type of talent imo

Siegkrow

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Well a talent comes every fifteen, what did you take last year?

Scaly Haylie

Hello again! Today's update might be a little short due to the fact that I just now got back to playing on account of personal illness. :sweatdrop:

As I gallop along to Raven Hill (the other questing hub village in the area) I remember that, a while back, I encountered some kinda druid messenger in the city of Stormwind telling me "hey go to the druid place".

The quest has gone green at this point (meaning it won't give out a lot of XP), but I figure I might as well show off the unique druid quests, so no biggie.

Guh. So, we stand to get a pretty sweet staff out of this quest that would be good for our feral form. It's a dungeon quest, though, which presents a bit of a problem.

Here's the Dungeon Finder, our handy dandy tool that performs matchmaking so we can jump into a dungeon for fun and profit. Note the emblems near the top.

In order, the emblems represent the three roles needed to fill a dungeon party: tank, damage and healer.

Tanks are sturdy meatwalls that basically distract every monster in the dungeon into attack their strong, muscular bodies so that Damage folks can kill said monsters. Healers, meanwhile, continually patch the wounds of the tank so that he can do his job instead of falling over dead and letting the monsters descend upon the rest of the party. A dungeon party needs three damage, one tank and one healer.

I could go into more detail, but what you need to understand is that the overwhelming majority of players are damage, while healers and tanks are scarce. This means that, as a damage dealer, we're waiting in the queue for a long, long time. Too long, in fact, since I'm playing just an hour and a half before work here.

So I get the bright idea to hop on my tailor priest alt (that's "alternate character") and whip up some healin' clothes so I can fast-track myself into a dungeon.

Pretty fashionable, if I do say so myself!

I switch over to healing spec and proceed to basically throw moonlight and sunlight at ogres to kill them for some quest. It works, but it's not quite as...efficient at killing as our feral form.

Also these are Balance spells I think??? :iiam:

Unfortunately, even being a healer isn't enough, because apparently Tuesday mornings aren't a popular time for video games. As such, these acts of ogre destruction are about all we manage to get done today.

...hey guys is Balance fun do you think?

Takane

by FactsAreUseless
The resto druid damage skills are balance abilities and Balance is very fun (however feral is best for leveling outside of guardian imo.) For what I find in the low levels is the fastest queues are for tanks until like the high 50s/low 60s where heals get the fast queue.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
level as cat, dungeon as bear.
you will, if the game still works the same, also deal a crap ton of damage because of your sick AOE

Ofecks

Ahundredbux posted:

I would say this too, but everyone except him is going to be decked out in heirlooms, and the dps will pull way more stuff than he can handle because they're rude like that. Healer, in this case, is probably a better idea.

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
sounds like their problem :smug:

Scaly Haylie

Ahundredbux posted:

you will, if the game still works the same, also deal a crap ton of damage because of your sick AOE

I'm not planning on doing a lot of dungeons, just this one. Also I wouldn't know how to get my hands on tanking gear. :v:

Ofecks posted:

I would say this too, but everyone except him is going to be decked out in heirlooms, and the dps will pull way more stuff than he can handle because they're rude like that. Healer, in this case, is probably a better idea.

Yeeeeeah. I've been tanking on my warrior and I had to kick an obstinate healer the other day for basically refusing to not pull.

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
cat and bear share the same gear

Takane

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah they got rid of gear specifically for tanking except for trinkets

Scaly Haylie

yeah, but is agility okay for tanking?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms