Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's definitely what happened because those were the same effects as when Barnes was raging out. Also he seems to know about it because when Lee mentioned a test he got all shifty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Zebulon posted:

Seems like a possibility, but when the hell could that have possibly happened?

He's a doctor and it's possible that when « SECTION OF POST MISSING DUE TO TECHNICAL ERROR » and that's when he had contact with the blood. It was a small amount so it took longer to infect him.

It's perfectly simple.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
When Jim was in the hospital with the hallucinogen, the camera lingered on a bandaid on falcone jr's neck.

Very probable that's from the tetch virus.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'm dreading the eventual return of Fish Mooney to the storylines.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

He somehow got infected with Alice's blood.

He got it from Barnes in some sort of blood to blood or other 'fluid exchange' type transmission, possibly at his engagement party in the bathroom where Barnes pushed the guy through the wall.

Lee hasn't gotten from him though because shes just a cover so daddy Falcone doesn't catch on.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Countdown to another Ms Kringle lookalike showing up.

No idea how they would write it without going completely off the rails, but man it would be cool to just have the KringleKlone show up every season to gently caress with Nygma and slowly but surely driving him over the brink of madness and he ends up being the weird genius control freak from the games.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gonz posted:

I'm dreading the eventual return of Fish Mooney to the storylines.

yeah Riddler's gonna take down Penguin and I bet he goes sulking back to her when he's back to nothing.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Zebulon posted:

Seems like a possibility, but when the hell could that have possibly happened?

He got infected back in episode seven, I think, when he attacked Hatter and was then hauled off the bathroom. He turns up in the next episode with the band-aid, and that's the only contact he could have had with Tetch directly.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
He has a secret side job connected to the Court of Owls so I'm thinking he worked for them as a researcher. Alice escaped from Arkham and they probably experimented on her and her blood there. It bugged me that the writers didn't explore the Arkham angle before killing her off but maybe they're doing it now. If Mario is one of their scientists still experimenting with the blood and he got exposed on the job, that would explain why they tried to kill him.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Tiptoes posted:

He has a secret side job connected to the Court of Owls so I'm thinking he worked for them as a researcher. Alice escaped from Arkham and they probably experimented on her and her blood there. It bugged me that the writers didn't explore the Arkham angle before killing her off but maybe they're doing it now. If Mario is one of their scientists still experimenting with the blood and he got exposed on the job, that would explain why they tried to kill him.

I kind of like this theory if only because it'd also help explain why the Court of Owls was so shifty in explaining just why they were trying to kill him.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmaoooo Tetch's foil is just playing in to his stupid rhyming game and he can't help but give you his plan back in rhyme form. *italian finger kiss*

perfect

EDIT: aw boo it was a plan i think?

EDIT2: hhahahaha I love Action Alfred popping in with a handgun
EDIT2.5: lmfaaoooooo wtf Action Alfred??? you nasty

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 29, 2016

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
So... Jim shoots Mario, whose starman power just ran out. He's going to die and the knife dropped and fell, so Leah won't know that she was about to be stabbed. She's going to soap opera blame Jim for murdering her soap opera husband out of soap opera jealousy and soap opera soap opera soap opera misunderstandings.

I love this show, but that is a straight-up soap opera setup right there.

Soap.

Opera.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Gordon is the dumbest motherfucker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God I wish this show would just embrace its hammy (Got ham) nature and just go full-bore with it. It's at its best when it is being ridiculously campy, which is part of why I love the Penguin/Riddler dynamic so much, they have no illusions about being ridiculous but so much of the rest of the cast of characters keep dipping their foot in before pulling out and trying to be more realistic or gritty. At least Barbara is no longer the generic and boring character from season 1 anymore and is mostly just chewing scenery now (like Michael Chiklis as Disappointed Dad-Hulk Cop).

It would also help if the seasons weren't approximately 75 episodes long, especially since they're so obviously designed with two major storylines each and would work better as two 10-12 episode seasons. The show is just good enough (and just bad enough) to keep me watching but I'm glad I took a long break and just watched all of season 2 and caught up on season 3 over a 2-3 week period, I don't know if I can deal with all the soap opera stuff (Jim and Leah, Selena's long-lost mother returning) on a week-to-week basis. This does feel a bit like DC's version of Agents of SHIELD, it's more palatable when you don't have to deal with the artificial restrictions of network scheduling/commercial breaks.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

This was an incredibly painful episode to watch and I loved it for how awful it was.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

tarlibone posted:

So... Jim shoots Mario, whose starman power just ran out. He's going to die and the knife dropped and fell, so Leah won't know that she was about to be stabbed. She's going to soap opera blame Jim for murdering her soap opera husband out of soap opera jealousy and soap opera soap opera soap opera misunderstandings.

I love this show, but that is a straight-up soap opera setup right there.

Soap.

Opera.

Jim shoots Mario, whose starman power just ran out. He's going to die and the knife dropped and fell, so Leah won't know that she was about to be stabbed. She's going to comic book blame Jim for murdering her comic book husband out of comic book jealousy and comic book comic book comic book misunderstandings.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Jim shoots Mario, blood splashes on Leah, she rage Hulks against Jim with the virus.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Motherfucking Jerome is back in January!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

Motherfucking Jerome is back in January!

This makes me less mad than Mish Fooney's return from the grave.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

That was the last episode for 2016 right?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Sounded like it.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
It's just a trainwreck that I can't look away from at this point, and it doesn't even need fish to be terrible anymore.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Gotham a show best described as "Mr. GM can you lay off the random soap opera table." :p

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
This was my favorite episode in a long time. It's a toss up between Barbara pantomiming the death of Isabella and Tetch falling prey to Jim's rhyming. It was the right level of crazy all over, though I'm not excited about Selina's mom.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I just finished binge watching this show. It's pretty good, but it is a bit cringeworthy sometimes. I can't count how many times penguin weasled out of being killed. This show is essentially batman if jim gordon was batman.

Also,

GEE CEE PEE DEE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Barnes: Goddammit Gordon, we play by the rules and follow the letter of the law or we don't do it at all!
Pulls recruits out of the Academy early, gets them all killed immediately

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

GCPD headquarters is truly the CTU of the Batman universe. Full of moles, a different chief every season, and is constantly being infiltrated and assaulted by criminals and terrorists.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

GCPD headquarters is truly the CTU of the Batman universe. Full of moles, a different chief every season, and is constantly being infiltrated and assaulted by criminals and terrorists.

When Gordon told Leah that Mario was safe after an attempt on his life (or was it Leah?), he said that he (she?) was at the GCPD. I kept waiting for someone on screen to laugh.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I liked the episode, but I thought it was a little cheesy when the knife slipped into the water, predictably setting Jim up to look like the bad guy here.

I thought Riddler's scheme to find out how Penguin really felt was hilarious/genius. I laughed pretty loud when it happened.

Gonz posted:

This lol

Acacia REI fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 9, 2016

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Acacia REI posted:

I liked the episode, but I thought it was a little cheesy when the knife slipped into the water, predictably setting Jim up to look like the bad guy here.

I mean, Jim already looks like the bad guy to a lot of people, that and even if the knife was still in his hand I don't think Falcone would be very happy considering Jim promised he wouldn't kill Mario. I mean, he could've kneecapped him or something, he didn't have to immediately go for a double tap

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

That too. Like the whole setup in the final scene was a little disappointing to me. I wanted Falcone's son to be apprehended. Not only because I'm kind of tired of Gordon being setup to look like the bad guy, but I kind of liked the dude before he got infected. But no, now he's dead. And now we're being set up for a really annoying plot where Lee blames him for everything and he sulks while desperately trying to prove his innocence so Falcone doesn't have him assassinated.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mario isn't dead. He'll be back in Season 5 after being exposed to a Lazarus pit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonz posted:

Mario isn't dead. He'll be back in Season 5 after being exposed to a Lazarus pit.

By season 6 Gordon will just straight up have a sidekick called Robin and be driving around in the Gordon-Mobile while living with his Aunt Harriet who disapproves of his bastard son Damien. The Joker will be the Ambassador from Iran, Gordon will be on the outs with the JLA after they discovered he had contingency plans to take them all out, and an earthquake will have turned Gotham into a walled-off no man's land.

Meanwhile Bruce will just be turning 16 and have almost convinced Selina to let him get to second base.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Gonz posted:

Hell, Strange isn't even dead! Fish might want to turn his corpse into a freak to blackmail Falcone with or something

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Hell, Strange isn't even dead! Fish might want to turn his corpse into a freak to blackmail Falcone with or something

This is what will happen I'm sure of it. Or Falcone will bargain with Fish to have Strange resurrect him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jerusalem posted:

By season 6 Gordon will just straight up have a sidekick called Robin and be driving around in the Gordon-Mobile while living with his Aunt Harriet who disapproves of his bastard son Damien. The Joker will be the Ambassador from Iran, Gordon will be on the outs with the JLA after they discovered he had contingency plans to take them all out, and an earthquake will have turned Gotham into a walled-off no man's land.

Meanwhile Bruce will just be turning 16 and have almost convinced Selina to let him get to second base.

And Bullock will be drunk and pissed off

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

And Bullock will be drunk and pissed off

I do agree that Bullock will remain the highlight of the show, yes :)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Back tonight (for a couple of weeks at least) and previews have shown that this is the week with zombie Jerome.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Penguin was on Billy on The Street's season premiere. Apparently the actor and Billy Eichner are childhood friends, they had some funny chemistry. What Batman villain would Eichner fit into?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Gotta admit super-bitter Lee is a bit weird. But Zasz is pretty hilarious, as is what seems pretty blatantly to be Nygma loving with Penguin via holograms.

Edit: Yeah, Zasz pretty consistently is fun to outright hilarious. He gets called off, shrugs, goes "Okay, boss." and strolls on out as if he didn't just shoot the poo poo out of the place and get in a mexican standoff with Bullock and Gordon.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 17, 2017

• Locked thread