Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
James Remar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, that was awesome after a really cliched (but actually very true to classic Joker style stuff) scene at the carnival and house of mirrors.

Man I love how Nigma's plan was pretty complex and was pulled off perfectly. Would I be wrong if I said that I'd love it if the next season had Bruce go on his worldwide journey to learn all the detective, science, engineering and martial art skills he needs to become batman, ending with him encounting Ra's. Though I don't think we need to have a huge story line involving him, with that being what, 3 on tv?

Though I think at this point Gotham should just adopt a Megacity style judge system.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
OK, I went with the "Gordon sure slapped the grin right off of Jerome's face!" pun earlier, but it doesn't feel like enough. I don't feel I've truly... gotten the ham.

How about this: I loved it when Jerome faced off against Gordon!

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
In private Tabitha, Butch and Barbara all seemed to plotting to kill Eddie once the deal was done, unless it's still on. I was really expecting either
-Penguin to try to get Ed to understand something like a teary, "I can't always tell when people are using me, plotting against me, that much is obvious by this point given the position I'm in. But I didn't get to where I am without being able to see the signs of ready betrayal in others! You need to be ready to protect yourself, Eddie, because they're going to come for you." or
-Eddie and Penguin both facing down the barrel of guns, the duo realizing they're both screwed.

It might be something that with the disappearance of Penguin that they realize that the city needs to have at least one person with known ties to the office to take over and they're willing to keep him alive for a while to safeguard and run their interests for a while.

All things considered, Tabitha and Barbara seem to be much better at operating their sort of deeper plans than Eddie to the point that they maybe are willing to assume he's blind to any possibility of betrayal. All his gifts lie completely in the more technical aspects that he can't see the 'human' side of a problem. For all his own smarts, he was pretty easy to trick or be convinced by other people for their own ends or reasons.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

twistedmentat posted:

I just found out Paul Rubens was Pengiuns father in Batman Returns, so that's an crazy casting callback.

Penguin's Dad Gay, So What

But yes, it is. And Jeromeker coming back (I just today caught up on this season) is everything I hoped it would be, middle finger to the haters.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I loved the staple gun scene and joker calling his henchman over with a "yo! gimme my face fixer thing."

I saw a lot more Hamil in his performance this episode.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

bring back old gbs posted:

I loved the staple gun scene and joker calling his henchman over with a "yo! gimme my face fixer thing."

I saw a lot more Hamil in his performance this episode.

He definitely had some Hamill going in his facial expressions and body language if nothing else.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Penguin ain't dead. Penguin alive.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Gonz posted:

Penguin ain't dead. Penguin alive.

Pretty sure this isn't the first time the Penguin got his poo poo shot then dumped into the harbor. Didn't Fish do it last time?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Zebulon posted:

Pretty sure this isn't the first time the Penguin got his poo poo shot then dumped into the harbor. Didn't Fish do it last time?

Jim faked shooting him and threw him into the water.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Nothing that gets thrown off that harbor stays dead.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

Nothing that gets thrown off that harbor stays dead.

The body of water around Gotham is a Lazarus pit. Who knew?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cobblepot gonna get rescued and nursed back to health by a big fuckoff queen penguin and it's flock. Like what the hell else can happen? He needs to get that taste for raw fish soon

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

empty baggie posted:

Jim faked shooting him and threw him into the water.

Ah, right. That'd be it.

Cobblepot gonna get rescued and nursed back to health by a big fuckoff queen penguin and it's flock. Like what the hell else can happen? He needs to get that taste for raw fish soon

Queen penguin needs to be Danny DeVito in a penguin suit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, the face falling off make up was super gross.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Someone getting their face punched off may be the grossest thing ever in network tv

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Non-Hannibal or supernatural or X-files watcher spotted.

Seriously, I don't even think that ranked on the gross-out meter.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The eyes separating from the face as Bruce punched him was grosser and more subtle I think. The face slowly de-centering every time the camera cut back to it.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

The eyes separating from the face as Bruce punched him was grosser and more subtle I think. The face slowly de-centering every time the camera cut back to it.

Yes, Bruce's beating was so futile that Jerome couldn't keep a straight face.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

tarlibone posted:

Yes, Bruce's beating was so futile that Jerome couldn't keep a straight face.

Motherfucker. You quit that.

Seconding that the face separating make up from Bruce wailing on him was a lot more gross and effective than the face itself falling off, though. Just having it messily, partially separated really sold how hosed up that whole situation was. Gordon straight up punching it clean off his face was pretty god damned great and hilarious though, if only for everyone's horrified looks of shock and disgust at it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm looking forward to a Burton-esque romp in the sewers beneath Gotham as Penguin takes over a gang of militant goths while training escaped animals from the zoo or some silly poo poo like that.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Is there a clip anywhere of said face-punching?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Timby posted:

Is there a clip anywhere of said face-punching?
Yo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRIFWz4dLaQ

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

It's going to Fish.

Hopefully with a giant loving submarine, armed with gently caress-off torpedoes and missiles.

For the record, I loving love Fish Mooney, and I reckon that she was everything that is and was great about this show from before this show knew how great it could ever be like that.

But, also, she's got to be back this season, since her continued existence is wrapped up with everything the Court wants. Plus, she has super powers, and they've got to be next on the docket for this show. Particularly now they've added Ivy.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Holy poo poo, Jim's loving face.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Open Source Idiom posted:

...I reckon that she was everything that is and was great about this show from before this show knew how great it could ever be like that.

Look how fundamentally wrong you are about all things. Gaze ye, upon your wrongness.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Zebulon posted:

He definitely had some Hamill going in his facial expressions and body language if nothing else.

He's a good mix of Nicholson, Hamil, and Ledger. I dig it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
When does this come back? It almost feels like it's been quietly canceled.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

When does this come back? It almost feels like it's been quietly canceled.

Nah, Fox took their Monday night stuff off for a couple of months to run a midseason thing of 24 and APB. Both Gotham and Lucifer will be back in May.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

muscles like this! posted:

Nah, Fox took their Monday night stuff off for a couple of months to run a midseason thing of 24 and APB. Both Gotham and Lucifer will be back in May.
Both those shows are bad. I want Gotham drat it. :saddowns:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I haven't watched it, but APB annoys me. Fox already had an amazing SciFi buddy cop show, drat it! They Firefly'd it and it got canned.

gently caress APB, bring back Almost Human!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I work at a ski resort; Butch is here skiing today.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Things this show has going for it:

Morena Baccarin is beautiful.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

slave to my cravings posted:

Things this show has going for it:

Morena Baccarin is beautiful.

Donald Logue is a handsome devil!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Colonial Air Force posted:

I work at a ski resort; Butch is here skiing today.

There better be a skiing contest ala the surfing contest between Batman and Joker.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alexander Siddig has been cast and will appear this season as Ra's al Ghul

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Oh, wow, that is some awesome loving casting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Holy loving poo poo.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

You mean no Matt Nable?!?!?!?!

For real though, Alexander Siddig is some slick casting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder which way he will pronounce it.

• Locked thread