Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I pretty much exclusively played 3v3 and it felt well paced, but it's definitely way more chaotic. I could see it being very hard to cast/spectate compared to 2v2.

2v2 feels like the right balance of twitch and planning and chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
FYI, you have to re-equip all your cosmetics.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Battlerite is the #1 seller on Steam right now

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is there a way to change your name? There's a character display limit in-game that I didn't know about until too late.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Brannock posted:

Battlerite is the #1 seller on Steam right now

edging out the extremely popular nba2k17 lmao

anyways im in, time to get more ashka practice

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Since it's not really stated anywhere in the tutorial for new players: your EX abilities are activated by holding SHIFT and then pressing the appropriate button. I had no idea about them until I looked around in the controls.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

Vermain posted:

Since it's not really stated anywhere in the tutorial for new players: your EX abilities are activated by holding SHIFT and then pressing the appropriate button. I had no idea about them until I looked around in the controls.

They're also bound to '1' and '2'.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NmareBfly posted:

Is there a way to change your name? There's a character display limit in-game that I didn't know about until too late.

Not really. Their account name system is also pretty dumb because you can come across a guy named "friend of the family" in pub games and they seem to have no issue with that sort of thing.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

There's a report system now at least, on the scoreboard @ end game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Unfunny Poster posted:

Not really. Their account name system is also pretty dumb because you can come across a guy named "friend of the family" in pub games and they seem to have no issue with that sort of thing.

Considering this is the very first day of Early Access, I wouldn't be surprised if it's taking them a bit of time to deal with offensive names. You can report people post-battle if you see a name like that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Rook's movement is slow, which i like and makes his Q really useful if timed right.

Minrad posted:

There's a report system now at least, on the scoreboard @ end game.

Vermain posted:

Considering this is the very first day of Early Access, I wouldn't be surprised if it's taking them a bit of time to deal with offensive names. You can report people post-battle if you see a name like that.

I didn't see they added the report system, that's pretty good and necessary. I saw the name during the first closed beta and thought it was silly and dumb you could do that. Then I mentioned it on the Battlerite discord, thinking it was actually ran by the devs, and people started screaming about SJWs, censorship, and freedom of speech. Turns out that discord isn't ran by the devs. :oops:

Edit - Oh also apparently chat is autodisabled. lol.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 20, 2016

be nice
Sep 18, 2016

ok pls press 1 for summons
I got so much poo poo to do man, raids released in wow, but I'm almost grade 13. It kind of felt like poo poo buying the 50 dollar pack but I'm willing to throw whatever amount at these guys to keep this game going. Glutton is absolutely loving amazing man, I'm so glad they added him first.

e: thank god they didn't reset anything I get to keep the name "cum"

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Arzachel posted:

:siren: If you're going to buy the EA, join the Battlerite steam group for extra chests and stuff. :siren:

How the hell does one navigate to and join this group via Steam instead of going through a browser?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Countblanc did you ever get a hold of the tournament fellow? Wanna see a goon shoutcast

be nice
Sep 18, 2016

Shab posted:

How the hell does one navigate to and join this group via Steam instead of going through a browser?

I don't think the Steam client supports links. Gotta find it yourself or go through browser mane

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruzihm posted:

Countblanc did you ever get a hold of the tournament fellow? Wanna see a goon shoutcast

I pmed him on reddit, no response yet. I want to cast it with ahhpple too but we'll see

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruzihm posted:

We'll make our own Goon Media Empire with shoutcasters and cocaine.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
ashka is still amazing

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Rafza posted:

ashka is still amazing

do you prefer to play with a healer or with another dps? Both can be fun, and maybe viable?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Glutton's got the same "get on man, slay mans, be fat gently caress punch dude" but he feels a lot harder to decide when to commit without the hook. RIP that fist hook.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

By the way It's 17.99 for the next week, so don't miss out on that.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

http://steamcharts.com/app/504370

over 5000 playing :eyepop:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Ruzihm posted:

do you prefer to play with a healer or with another dps? Both can be fun, and maybe viable?

ive tried healer and dps and i think double dps with ashka works real well

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shane (Dota 2 streamer) is streaming - https://www.twitch.tv/shaneomad

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Iknow that's more than battleborn but is it a lot?

be nice
Sep 18, 2016

Nevvy Z posted:

Iknow that's more than battleborn but is it a lot?

I mean it's more than we've had the past few years on bloodline and it's only been released for a few hours. The fan pack is #1 popular new releases. It's really just staying optimistic

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol wow at the supporter pack tho

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also here's an addendum to the OP for the new map.

Blackstone Arena - What you think Diablo's dance hall would look like.

be nice
Sep 18, 2016

Eonwe posted:

lol wow at the supporter pack tho

It's just a founder pack for the dudes who have the money, at least it wasn't the titan pack or whatever from BLC.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

be nice posted:

It's just a founder pack for the dudes who have the money, at least it wasn't the titan pack or whatever from BLC.

yea i know

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Poloma owns so loving hard

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Rook damage feels a little high? He's completely devoid of gap closers though, might just be 3v3 bias where he can really shine with all the cleave and easy counter activation.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Minrad posted:

Rook damage feels a little high? He's completely devoid of gap closers though, might just be 3v3 bias where he can really shine with all the cleave and easy counter activation.

His Space is pretty good for closing the gap.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Where my chests at

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Just picked this up and it's good fun.

I swear I played a game just like this a couple years ago (can't quite remember the name) and they were making this big esports push or some poo poo then it just kinda disappeared. This seems a lot more polished though, so hopefully it will last.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 20, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Servers seem to be having issues so one way to bypass that is to set up a private game with people and you should be fine.

Edit - Also #SheeverGaming

https://clips.twitch.tv/shaneomad/ThoughtfulBisonShazBotstix

Edit 2 - Here's the Rook bio to add to the champion section

Rook is a good, but slow, brawler type of champion. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in devastating armor breaking attacks and powerful strikes to follow up.

Edit 3 - Now fellow Goon PFlax is streaming - https://www.twitch.tv/pyrionflax

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 20, 2016

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Pawn 17 posted:

Just picked this up and it's good fun.

I swear I played a game just like this a couple years ago (can't quite remember the name) and they were making this big esports push or some poo poo then it just kinda disappeared. This seems a lot more polished though, so hopefully it will last.

You're thinking of Bloodline Champions, which this game is more-or-less an updated version of. That game was largely sunk due to its godawful microtransaction scheme. They seem to be going for the cosmetic chest model this time around, which is fine.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Rook has a great combo with space -> R -> E -> M2

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013
They also tried to slow down the pacing a tad to make it a bit more approachable to new players.

They need to incorporate super cheesey skins and announcer packs along the lines of HoN. I love paying for that type of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm watching this Polish streamer and he's using a mount that looks like a lava salamander. Is this the Goblin Throne mount or something else?

• Locked thread