Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

autoaim.cfg posted:

The first two books, "Red Dwarf: Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers" and "Better Than Life", were really good. I'd almost place them on par with Douglas Adams. But I really didn't care for "Last Human" at all. It felt like it didn't belong in the same series at all.

I forget if it was Doug or Naylor but basically one can't really "do" Red Dwarf without the other. One just writes bleak, miserable stuff (Like the insinuation that Lister can only relate to mold) and the other just writes OTT wacky, zany poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

britishbornandbread posted:

Red dwarf finished at the end of series 6

Thanks

I still cringe when I think of the one where they end up on Coronation Street. loving hell, what were they thinking?

X was better than 7, 8 and 9... But that's faint praise.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Can we get a title change and can we just talk about Red Dwarf a whole bunch? TVIV and CineD are awful, dark places but GBS is cool for talking about things.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Gatekeeper posted:

i know the showmakers have said it isn't related to smegma but a boy can dream

Hahahah, they knew. THEY KNEW!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Quote-Unquote posted:

True story: a friend of mine was accosted by Craig Charles while she was waiting for someone outside a train station. He yelled at her and called her a bitch when she refused to get in a car and go to his hotel with him.

As a young lad from Liverpool Craig Charles was my hero and I was so made up the last person in the entire universe was Scouse... Then there's all this nonsense.

drat it, Craig.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Hahaha the yank remake pilot where Lister is this 6'5 chiselled hunk with a six pack. Way to miss the point, smegheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
My uncle bought me a big "Screenplay" book for Season 8 because he knew I loved Red Dwarf and it's kind of sad that season ended up so crap. There was a lot of stuff cut and changed, but throughout the book you can feel the passion behind it but it never quite clicked. I know it was meant to end with Rimmer crashing the Red Dwarf into earth and it skidding for thousands of miles, smashing through famous landmarks like the Taj Mahal and him getting out at the end asking if they wanted to swap insurance details. Also there's a two page lament about how much people hated the Blue Midget dance scene because of how much effort they put into it. lol. Effort doesn't equate quality, dudes.

• Locked thread