Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

ZombyDog posted:

Doesn't matter, they a bunch of fat grandads now, I mean how does an android get get fat? Except Danny John Jules - he still looked pretty good in the last lot of publicity shots.

I haven't followed any Red Dwarf news in several years. Not since the DVD's first came out and there was a big Hooha on the website about pre-production stills on the Red Dwarf movie.
I don't blame them for making more, but honestly feel like they should have let it lie.

And to be 100%, I'm not sure how they could ever find a more perfect rimmer than Chris Barnes. I have the Red Dwarf books, and theres alot of nuance to both Lister's and Rimmers characters that is lost in the show.
A Red Dwarf graphic novel would work out pretty well, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, a couple times they tried to do a US pilot and it just didn't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mlnntKi2no

Well, that was terrible. Lets try again, but trying making the cat a lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfJsViD9SjM

I know I've seen the 2nd one before.

Any replacents would be hard, as everyone would be measuring it back against, but christ, that's not even trying.

Red dwarf, I think, alot of the humor is character driven. You can't just take anemone else and expect it to provide the same humor.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

ZombyDog posted:

And I just realised season 11 kicks off in like 3 nights and the first episode is already available stream on UKTV. And they're already confirmed for season 12 next year.

Ugggg, I just don't know, man. It's been...waay too long. For me and for them.

Have you watched it? Any good?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
What season was the roller coaster ride that had the midget Rimmers all singing? That was really good.
I remember downloading a video clip of that song off Kazaa or wherever way back when.

• Locked thread