Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
its pretty good but is still an anime cartoon for babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

VRViperII posted:

Watch it as an adult. You'll appreciate it even more now. The music is so good. Great animation quality, and voice work, and one of the greatest villains in all cinema.

no its actually still a baby cartoon for babies

"look at these new toys" the motion picture

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

mind the walrus posted:

Eric Idle and Wheelie loving suck. The rest is kind-of fun in a "PG Heavy Metal" way. The voice cast is ridiculously overqualified for its script. The animation is actually pretty good considering how garbage the show's animation was. Even if it was motivated entirely by selling toys it was also pretty ballsy to show all the old characters get brutally slaughtered in an ambush instead of having them die off-screen or something.

i guess but it was the 80s - cartoon violence wasnt that much of big deal yet, so long as there was no blood - and robots cant bleed

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

jonathan posted:

I have to make a correction from my post on the last page. I always thought Dare to be stupid was by Devo. Clearly it was Weird Al.

I watched this movie in the theater at the age of 5 or 6, and the death where he turns grey kinda hosed me up for a few days. I had to ask my dad why he turned grey.

Devo once joked that they hated weird al because he nailed the Devo sound in one song, when they'd put out like 3 records and still never really got it right.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

VRViperII posted:

Is there even another cartoon ever where characters die? Something that was aimed at kids and released in theaters? They didn't even off that many gen 1 dudes, and hardly introduced any of the eventual next gen.

I feel like your criticism of this toy cartoon is unfair.
:colbert:

all dogs go to heaven

that movies a total blood bath all the dogs in it get killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Orkin Mang posted:

its kinda a pos op. iremember something about cars?? whatever

people itt are saying this stuff was well written

theres a pink car thats how you know that one is a girl