Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

AnonSpore posted:

Is there a place that does kbbq but not the open hall style seating? My girlfriend loves the grill-it-yourself aspect of kbbq but she can have sensory overload issues when there's a ton of people around being loud and such. I would suggest just doing it at home with a portable burner but I don't want to deal with getting all the banchan together.

Thai
How about Thai BBQ ? A new place called Muu Kata opened at 6th and Geary, replacing actual Korean place Honeypig. For a new place, they only opened on the 5th, I was very impressed with the quality. The to-grill items were top quality, the broth was good, and my appetizer was delicious. The service was great too. It's a small place, so off-peak it should be overstimulating. If that is what you're after, they're open to midnight. I was there at about 5:30 on aThursday and was outnumbered by staff until about 6.
https://www.muukata6395.com/menus

Dim sum
Mom Dumpling replaced Fang Yuan in the Park Merced shopping strip. I really miss the authentic Szechuan menu, but at least they're a good dim sum place. They serve big fat dumplings that you can watch them make. I live for good siu mai, and their pork & shrimp dumplings are big, tender, and full of actual pieces of shrimp along with the pork mince. The place is almost full for Sunday lunch but pretty quiet for weekday dinners.

Pizza
Arinell's is bad sauce on cardboard and has been for decades, go to Blondie's or Fat Slice. In SF, I like Nizarios.

Sandwiches
Lou's Cafe has become one of my favorite guilty pleasures. They've got great combos and really tasty house sauces. They have multiple locations in the City.

e.
Vietnamese
The obligatory shoutout to an SF classic, Tu Lan at 6th and Market. Fantastic food in good portions, has been around long enough that Julia Child ate there once, always busy.

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU