Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Seconding Old Mandarin and Toyose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Junior G-man posted:

Hope it's alright to ask a Horrible Tourist Question - I'm in SF the nights of 1 and 2 May and me and my fiancée want to have a really good meal while there.

We're staying around Chinatown but happy to travel (within reasonable limits) for good food. Happy to spend money but not like French Laundry money (still on the waiting list).

Preference is modern American, but no burgers - more towards fine dining or interesting casual.

Any tips ( also for lunch / breakfast would be super appreciated)!

Since it's coming up so soon I'd recommend cross-posting in the LAN thread as that gets more traffic
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032519

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Junior G-man posted:

Hope it's alright to ask a Horrible Tourist Question - I'm in SF the nights of 1 and 2 May and me and my fiancée want to have a really good meal while there.

We're staying around Chinatown but happy to travel (within reasonable limits) for good food. Happy to spend money but not like French Laundry money (still on the waiting list).

Preference is modern American, but no burgers - more towards fine dining or interesting casual.

Any tips ( also for lunch / breakfast would be super appreciated)!
These are all more places near where I live that I can walk to but:

Blue Plate might work for a nice modern American place and isn't usually so crazy busy that you can't find a reservation relatively short-notice, or they do pick-up and delivery as well, my wife and I did a pick-up and then did the short hike up Bernal Heights to eat at the top of the hill overlooking SF last summer, not sure if weather will be cooperative enough for that this weekend.

Foreign Cinema is great but I doubt a reservation will be available

Al's Place is mostly seafood or veggie dishes but they'll also have some limited availability other dishes that are quite nice

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Junior G-man posted:

Got a table at al's Place as well for when we're back in two weeks 😎. All the amazing sounding places are like hyper closed on Monday though. Booo.
Isn't that normal though? Most restaurants (for dinner service) and barbershops are closed for Sunday and Monday everywhere I've lived, that's their weekends.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Is Marlena open now? Last time I looked they were shut down to do some kitchen renovations.