Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
My stomping ground is Albany/Berkeley, so I'm glad to see this thread.

Seconding Barney's. A bit pricey, but huge variety and great fries and shakes (the malts are so good!)

Oori in Albany is a small rice triangle joint with an American touch to it-- one of my favorites is the tuna aioli. It's also excellently priced-- the student bowl (it's right near the local high school so that's a huge chunk of their clientele) is a good-sized portion of protein and rice for $5.45, tax included.

Al's Big Burger in Albany is a tiny burger shack that makes some pretty good burgers. Mind you, a good portion of my love for it is nostalgia, and I'm aware it isn't out of this world.

Saul's in Berkeley is the only Jewish deli that I know of in the East Bay, which is probably a crime. It's sort of pricey, but the Reubens are so good, you guys.

Ike's is a Bay Area sandwich chain that recently opened a store near the downtown Berkeley BART station.

Sliver is up the street and is phenomenal pizza.

Speaking of pizza, Gioia, about a 15 minute walk from the North Berkeley BART station, is some of the best I've ever had. Good, flat, New York style.

The Kensington Circus Pub in Kensington (obviously) is a family-friendly British style pub that does simple food really well.

For breakfast, Inn Kensington is a family favorite. If you go there, though, it's cash only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Any good cheap places in downtown Berkeley, around Shattuck? I'm looking for a new place to have dinner when I have class. I usually go to Pollo, Bongo Burger, or Oasis Grill. Used to go to Sliver, but they've moved.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Xaris posted:

What do you consider cheap? I like Pedros, Imm's Thai is really good, Social Club is decent, Ikes, there's of course lots of pizza

$7 to $15, generally.