Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
So I live in the south bay. When I lived in the midwest before that, Chinese food places often had sweet and sour chicken- an extremely battery sweet and sour chicken designed to be dipped in sweet and sour sauce, rather than having it already on. Very large pieces, kind of like a fried meatball kind of deal.

I cannot find this anywhere in the south bay. I would really like to have this again because it's a bit of a comfort food.

Does anyone know any place that might do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

god ok i have a very specific question here. in the midwest when you get sweet and sour chicken at a chinese restauraunt it's these big, deep fried meatball type things of chicken that you'd dip in the sauce, there's a nice, crunchy fried texture to them that gives way as you bite in. there's usually a bit of air in there. it's great.

here, it's a much smaller piece of fried chicken, that has a totally different texture and tends to come pre-sauced.

Is there any place that serves anything like that in San Jose specifically? it's a craving i've had for years and can't fulfill. image provided

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Yeah. I do love chinese food out here broadly, in any case- it kicks rear end, both more traditional and more americanized stuff, everything i have had has been excellent. Just, i'm craving this one specific thing i haven't seen in ages. It's very home-y to me. I'll see if any of the mentioned places have it!