Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

OGS-Remix posted:

Manresa closed on 12/31 and they had a sale of all their used stuff on 1/11. The sale was supposed to start at 11am. My friend and I went there at 10:30am but there was already a line stretching across the parking lot.

I guess there's a lot of people with nostalgia for that place. I'm interested to see what Kinch's new restaurant is going to be; he said he's going to open another one in Los Gatos.

:smuggo:

yes, line was bad. I got there at 10:15 and we didn't get in until closer to 5pm. I only managed to snag this iconic plate because we had made a special arrangement ahead of time. most of the people in line actually hadn't ever gone to the restaurant and kept on saying that they wanted the "wooden charcuterie boards", which was :whitewater: as they are chargers, where the petit fours were normally served on.

most of the high ticket kitchen equipment was gone the night before the sale. chef kinch had a special sale for his friends/restauranteurs and a dude had bought a whole lot of the copperware for $10k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Development
Jun 2, 2016

OGS-Remix posted:

Dang that's a nice purchase. I'm guessing he was there all day signing stuff. If you don't mind my asking, how much was the plate?

I think the charcuterie boards were very popular, the random people I asked near the front of the line said they sold out almost immediately. I'm surprised to hear most people never went to Manresa, how did they even know about the sale?

For the high end kitchen equipment, I can definitely see that being sold before being open to the public. No one is going to walk off the street and buy a commercial oven lol. People would buy copperware for sure but I don't think there'd be any discount given how they were pricing other stuff.

a few hundo. the sale was advertised on social media and in the local news. it was never advertised during the dinner service openly, only in passing during the final week or so. yep, he and most of the FOH were working the sale and stayed til the end.

their kitchen ranges were custom bonnet maestro’s, which tbh would price out most restaurants even.