Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

OGS-Remix posted:

Southern BBQ
Smoking Pig (San Jose/Fremont) - They have two locations, I prefer the San Jose. Probably the best American BBQ restaurant in the Bay Area. I like it a lot better then Memphis Minnies.
If you're not allergic to food trucks, Capelo's makes a pretty tasty BBQ brisket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Seconding Original Gravity and San Pedro Square for casual dinner and beers. San Pedro Square has a food court and multiple bars and you can sit outside in the nice summer evening weather.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm a fan of the brisket at Capelo's food truck.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

got off on a technicality posted:

So zoolike would be: too many people crammed into a small place such that it's uncomfortably tight and you have to shout in order to have a conversation
Really loud restaurants are all the rage right now. Not necessarily cramped, but lacking in sound dampening. I can't say I'm a huge fan of it as a trend.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

OGS-Remix posted:

Any recommendations for bars in the Mountain View, Palo Alto area? Normally when I go drinking I'm usually in SF. so I'm not too familiar with places down here.
If you like brewpub-type places, there are 5 of those in about a four-block stretch of downtown Mountain View and they're all honestly pretty interchangeable. If you're interested in cocktails, don't ask me because I'm a heathen.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The thing about Nola is that it's not exactly Traditional New Orleans Food like you'd find at somewhere like Poor House Bistro in SJ; it's its own fusion of Cajun/Creole and Californian. Still good, though.

Mervyn's used to be the quintessential downtown Mountain View dive bar, but they have an actual sign out front now so it's probably less hipster-cool than it used to be.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Horn Barbecue is apparently opening an actual restaurant in Oakland instead of just doing popups with a 2 hour line, so there's that to look forward to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Douche4Sale posted:

Sucks, that was one of the last less bougey places to get a drink, especially with a larger group, down there.
Yeah, there are definitely other beer-and-burger places in Mountain View, but Tied House was the only one that predated the Google employee makeover. Even Mervyn's has an actual sign and a restaurant out front now.