Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Shandong Deluxe aka happy family gourmet just blew our minds. We got the cold xian noodles, so long, perfect chew, hint of peanut and vinegar.

Stir fried cabbage was cooked perfect Savoy cabbage with a little wok hei, seasoned perfectly, hint of sweetness.

The cold sliced pork belly with garlic and was great, chili oil on itreally good.

Pork with chive dumplings were good, but the vinegar on the table with it was delicious.

Beef wrap with hoi sin was decent, beef didnt really shine through

Still thinking about that cabbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
High end menu doesn't equate to good pay for the workers, either. Kitchens like that want 'motivated' cooks willing to work for barely above minimum wage because of the 'prestige'. Only the FOH are making big bucks from tips on $40 entrees and wine.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
^ Papes is a legit butchery and seafood market but you gotta get your orders in ahead of the big holidays because they are popular. Some/one of the blokes behind the counter can be a bit short/condescending with women though I've noticed on multiple occasions. Their sausages are good.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
SF ferry building definitely have guanciale, if you're coming up.

I usually call places on the phone and ask if they have stuff before making the trek.

Mollie Stones San Bruno definitely doesn't carry it.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Mmm delicious fire.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Jiaozi Yuanbao make their dumplings to order, you can watch them make them through glass window. Best dumplings of this style I've ever had. The dough texture was excellent.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
the industry is rife with that poo poo im starting to learn. just found out the other day that there are a couple master somms known to help you level up for sexual favors.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Searching for the best mission burrito

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
i was referring to da plane

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Is it the kind on a spit with pineapple, or the other not good kind

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Thought 4505 was great BBQ

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

luminalflux posted:

As someone who's baseline for BBQ is North Carolina: It's kinda meh in a sea of meh SF BBQ. I'd probably stack rank Cat's Head > 4505 == Memphis Minnie's > Hardwood

I've given up on BBQ in SF.

Can you expand on what makes it meh, why one is better than the other, what makes them all meh technically? Not saying this is the case here, but we've had people claim that SF doesnt have good pizza like NYC and it seemed like nostalgic bullshit. I wanna know the real differences!

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 19, 2019

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Which east bay pizza place makes better pizza than every single Sf pizza place? And what do they do differently?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
its silly to say its better than everywhere in the city lol. that sounds like a very specific style too. It's less silly to say that there's an east bay joint that makes a better 'sourdough with seasonal toppings' than some places you tried in the city once though.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
OK buddy I was being nice but since we're gonna do this

snyprmag posted:

The East bay has better bbq and pizza places than the city.

This is a dumb post.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
thanks for sharing your knowledge here dude, it's very much appreciated

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Eaten at pakwan about 10 times, only got the runs once. Worth it.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
It's a mega tourist spot. Servers have a terrible time working there I'm sure.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

got off on a technicality posted:

Next time do something like Oriental Tea House in San Leandro for uniformly bad service year round

too real

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Restaurants are equally foolish for not stating this on their menus and their servers not asking about dietary restrictions first up. Dont blame the customer except when you KNOW they were told the dishes can be moded then they still wrote a poo poo yelp review. Then they're just dumb cunts.

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 14, 2020

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
They're kicking 2000 unhoused out of their hotels but god damnit I deserve some crab

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
What are the best american bbq joints in SF that aren't 4505? the BEST

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

eschaton posted:

The couple of times I’ve been there, Baby Blues in the Mission was legit. They’re right south of the corner of Cesar Chavez and Mission, on Mission, open til 8.

We were going to go to baby blues last night but then ended up getting shitfaced in el rios garden past 8pm :(

impossible whopper aint bad

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Stupid Decisions posted:

middle eastern

Toe Rag posted:

I’d go to Kokkari (Greek), Barcha (Turkish), or Mourad (Moroccan).

LOL

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
One of those borders the Atlantic ocean just south west of Spain and the other is in Europe

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
There's shitloads of garbage American Chinese in the east bay; San Leandro, Hayward. Asia Delight has a buffet of deep fried batter and sugar sauce as far as the eye can see.

There are a few with chop suey on the menu too.

Which parts of the bay area don't have this poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Rofl there's American Chinese in both

I'm asking the Floridian where they live that doesn't have American Chinese