Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Ranter posted:

On the flip side, I had my first 'Vietnamese 7 course beef' experience in the tenderloin and holy poo poo I had no idea this style of Vietnamese food existed. Making your own spring rolls is awesome, easy and delicious. I also really enjoyed getting the deep fried egg rolls wrapped in thin rice vermicelli, then wrapping those in lettuce leaves with herbs. The contrasting textures (deep fried crunch, hot inside, cooling lettuce outside, soft noodles) make it a must try.

Anh Hong 808 Geary is the place I went to.

That place has been around for forever and a day. It's a family owned business and the food is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Lawen posted:

I'm in town for a conference staying in Union Square and I think I'm running out of good places around here. Did Kin Khao last night, Deli Board and Zero Zero today, will probably hit up Box Kitchen at some point late night. Anything else in walking distance of Moscone to check out (bars too)? I'll be venturing out to other neighborhoods but good stuff nearby is nice to know about.

What are the uniquely Bay things that I should try? I didn't really know about Dutch Crunch bread until today and now I'm scared that I'm missing out on some other under the radar specialty stuff. Mission Burritos, Porchetta sandwiches, cortados, Fernet...What am I missing? If you moved away, even to another really good food city, what would you miss being able to eat?

The b.k. at Deli Board was insanely good, one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. I really hope I can get another before I leave town and will be trying to recreate it when I get home.

Are you into beer? Cause if you're close to Deli Board, Cellarmaker and City Beer Store are close by to you. They're basically a must go if you're into beer at all.

What neighborhoods are you going to travel to?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Lawen posted:

Thanks again for the recs SF food thread. Senor Sisig and Hard Water were both very good calls.

Other good places I ate/drank: Craftsmen and Wolves, Tartine Bakery, The Beehive, Oddjob, State Bird Provisions, Henry Slocombe and El Porteno in the Ferry Market, Charmaine's.

I'm super jealous of your food scene and will especially miss really good bread and pastries everywhere. Also legal weed. Also your weather. gently caress this town is expensive though.

Next time make sure to hit up something in Japantown, Chinatown, Mission (like burritos) and some hot pot in either Irving or Sunset. Tons more good food.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What’s a good place to buy some CBD cartridges?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

eschaton posted:

Where are you in the Bay Area?

I don’t know about CBD specifically but for everything cannabis I like Caliva.

I’m in San Francisco. I’ll check out Caliva.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Cross posting this from another thread:

Not sure if I should ask here or in the bourbon thread, but I have a friend who's birthday is coming up and wanted to try Pappy. Does anyone know which bars do a vertical of Pappy?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Any good places open today that isn’t Tommy’s Joint?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Uh, LihoLiho is INCREDIBLY good.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What's the word I'm looking for? Serendipity?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Ranter posted:

What are the best american bbq joints in SF that aren't 4505? the BEST

I enjoy Memphis Minnie's BBQ Joint on Haight.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Between the San Francisco Zoo or the Oakland Zoo, which one is better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Carillon posted:

Went to Swan Oyster Depot yesterday for lunch, and it lives up to its reputation. It's not cheap, but they don't skimp on quality or quantity. Plus what's really nice is that you can get half orders of things. The scallops were a huge highlight, as was the crab fat vinagrette.

Taking something to go, then walking up those hills to Huntington Park is pretty legit.