Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExplodingChef
May 25, 2005

Deathscorts are the true American heroes.
Looking for some SF recommendations. Wife surprised me with a quick trip over NYE for my 40th.

We'll be staying at the Hotel Stratford in Union Square, and will be using public transport, not gonna rent a car. We fly in early Friday the 30th and leave late evening Monday the 2nd. Only planned meal so far is a reservation at the Slanted Door on Sunday the 1st for dinner. We've got tickets to the Sleater-Kinney show Saturday night, but door isn't until 8 and we've got ticketed seats, so no need to arrive early.

We're completely adventurous as far as what we'll eat -- wife doesn't do spicy, that's about the only caveat. Looking for more budget oriented stuff. I'd love to be able to do Atelier Crenn or Benu, but that ain't gonna happen :). Petit Crenn for lunch one day is a possibility. Probably lean towards Asian, French, and Spanish, and lean less towards Greek or Tex-Mex or something like House of Prime Rib.

Interesting bakery/dessert recommendations would also be highly appreciated.

Neither of us know SF at all area-wise, so stuff near relatively easy public transport is a plus. Looks like we're near Chinatown, so I assume we'll find food somewhere there at least once or twice.

Tangentially related, is there any MUST DO tourist poo poo? We'll obviously hit the Golden Gate Bridge and do the cable car thing, but I'm not sure what else we should absolutely try to schedule in on a short trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU