Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If you were genuinely interested in archiving Legendary and the only thing holding you back is an OP, you can go ahead and make on up in the test poster and submit that to Baldurk. I mean, there's precedence of people getting single games from megathreads archived. See the Shovel Knight LP as an example--incidentally, it also originated from the Casual LP thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Can we get a VLP of Divinity: Dragon Commander? I've always heard about the game and seen some screenshots, and it seems like a zany trip ripe for LPing.

A dragon in a jetpack, a skeleton with literal melons shoved in her dress to approximate boobs, and more!

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I'd like to request Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'd like to see a completionist, post-commentary playthrough of Owlboy because I can't make the time to play it myself.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

If you were genuinely interested in archiving Legendary and the only thing holding you back is an OP, you can go ahead and make on up in the test poster and submit that to Baldurk. I mean, there's precedence of people getting single games from megathreads archived. See the Shovel Knight LP as an example--incidentally, it also originated from the Casual LP thread!

I've had single LPs archived from both a megathread and a multi-game thread of my own.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

YamiNoSenshi posted:

I've had single LPs archived from both a megathread and a multi-game thread of my own.

This is good to know. Now I want to finish my FFT:5JF challenge, and get it archived.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
This is kinda a weird request but every now and then I bring it up. I would love for someone more skilled than I to start an "anyone can participate" style megathread for Zelda style adventure games. There are so many overlooked titles on like, every platform, and then even the big games are winners. It gets trickier when things move to 3D, as the subgenre starts to blur with Metroidvanias, but I still wanna see them included.

I'd do it myself, but even though I love these types of games, I'm not even remotely good enough at them to lead such efforts.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
I'd like to see a new video LP of the first Resident Evil. The only video one on the archive was on Blip, so it's lost to the ages.

I'm blind! :hurr:

YamiNoSenshi fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 7, 2017

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
People really have trouble seeing that Internet Archive banner, don't they?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Make it a flashing GIF.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Make it a flashing GIF.

It won't help

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

YamiNoSenshi posted:

I'd like to see a new video LP of the first Resident Evil. The only video one on the archive was on Blip, so it's lost to the ages.

There's an ongoing Resident Evil megathread by Lady Naga that, predictably, did RE1 first.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3754862

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'll give Prototype and Prototype 2 each an extension.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I'd like to see someone do Yu-gi-oh! Reshef of Destruction. I briefly considered it myself but I decided that Shira Oka is enough pain for me.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Hello, my friends and I have been playing this game called Overcooked and now we're not friends anymore.

I would like to see two to four brave LPers overcome the ordeals of cooperative cooking and learn something about themselves along the way.

Edit:

Mega64 posted:

I'll request some sort of American football game (Madden, Tecmo Super Bowl, whatever) where the LPer basically teaches the basics and what-not of the sport and maybe goes into history and the going-ons of the current season or whatever. Basically an excuse to show off football to people to those who have little-to-no exposure or knowledge to the sport.

Honestly you could do something similar for any sport with the right video games, so consider this a request for introducing various sports to the LP community.

Check out this loving sweet Football Manager LP. I think it might scratch that itch. The OP is amazingly informative about soccer football and has hilarious team opinions. His wry jeering and scathing condemnation of the teams that dared to defy his greatness had me in tears. His Trump-like spite and pettiness is utterly charming. The entire saga of his managing career is one you cannot look away from. The thread involvement is great.

It's a phenomenal thread and an amazing LP.

The OP disappeared before he could finalize the dream of a USA team winning the World Cup under his divine guidance but you should check this out and it should be archived because it's real special.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 13, 2017

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

For those not in the know, it's good to realize that Football Manager isn't about actually playing football. You need the FIFA series for that.

Football Manager is about negotiating transfers, hiring trainers, and stuff like that.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Carbon dioxide posted:

Football Manager is about negotiating transfers, hiring trainers, and stuff like that.

That's literally what football is these days
That, and hosting competitions in Qatar for this

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
There was a request for Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and how could I resist?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I wouldn't mind seeing someone tackle Freelancer, the PC space sim.

It was a cool, surprisingly expansive, game that sadly got overlooked because it slipped into development hell and then launched with no fanfare. (Back in the days when "development hell" was considered a year or two, not full decades thanks to DNF and FFXV).

I'd do it myself, but I'm busy with other LPs at the moment.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Is it too early to request an LP of the new Resident Evil 7? I'd really love to see it

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Ashrik posted:

Is it too early to request an LP of the new Resident Evil 7? I'd really love to see it

SuperGreatFriend is doing a blind LP (no thread though): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzZPlIzJoPw&t=2606s

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Making a last-second save of Future Cop: LAPD before the Bubble List rolls over. Because I'm the OP and I can do poo poo like that :colbert:

And because it was a fun, stupid, goofy game that deserves even a low effort casual LP. Also, holy gently caress the Bubble List for February is MASSIVE, a lot of games got requested last August.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

nine-gear crow posted:

Also, holy gently caress the Bubble List for February is MASSIVE, a lot of games got requested last August.

Yeah, I'm kinda to blame for 2/3 of the list, but in my defense I re-requested a few of those games only once. Anyway, I'll re-request Red Faction Armageddon. And I noticed that someone is finally LPing Bravely Default.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I'll save Akaneiro from the bubble. I'm curious about it!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Pathologic and The Silver Case have both fallen under the Archive Lock and have been removed from the list as abandoned LPs.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oh, the Prisoner is in the bubble. I was actually working on that. Not a request but a warning, I guess.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I've updated the thread rules to reflect the fact that the Archive Lock is now back in play for the forums. If a requested LP gets archive locked (ie: if the thread goes over two months with out an update or new post and is auto-locked), it will be removed from the Request List on the grounds of abandonment.

If that happens, feel free to re-request the game and just say like "[LAZY TERRIBLE GOON HERE]'s LP was abandoned, I'd like to re-request Hunnie Pop, please."

*NOTE: If anyone requests seriously Hunnie Pop (or a game of its ilk) I'm locking the thread and reporting them :colbert:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, I'd like to request a full LP of Panty Pa-

nine-gear crow posted:

*NOTE: If anyone requests seriously Hunnie Pop (or a game of its ilk) I'm locking the thread and reporting them :colbert:

:negative:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I'll save Persona 2: Innocent Sin from the bubble.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

nine-gear crow posted:

Question: When you say "a game of its ilk" is that limited to bird dating simulators or does it include other weird non-human animal dating simulators as well?

Sub-question: did I learn about that horse dating sim here or just cruising around on the internet? I honestly can't remember.

FAKE EDIT: I just realized I mixed up Hunnie Pop with Hatoful Boyfriend. Still need a ruling on whether or not I can request that horse dating sim though.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cathode Raymond posted:

Question: When you say "a game of its ilk" is that limited to bird dating simulators or does it include other weird non-human animal dating simulators as well?

Sub-question: did I learn about that horse dating sim here or just cruising around on the internet? I honestly can't remember.

FAKE EDIT: I just realized I mixed up Hunnie Pop with Hatoful Boyfriend. Still need a ruling on whether or not I can request that horse dating sim though.

My Horse Prince is already on the list :eng99:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

My Horse Prince is already on the list :eng99:

Next up, Bojack Horseman: The Game

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also I'm pretty drat sure ChorpSaway has run out of Hatoful Boyfriend games to LP, but I could be wrong...

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to see a VLP of Okhlos, a game in which you lead a mob of righteously furious Greeks against the oppressive forces of the gods. I'd enjoy both an informative LP with information about the characters (mythic or real) you run into in the game, or just a VLP where a person (perhaps with a co-commentator or two) basks in the glory of the destruction their mob creates. Heck, if you can do both then my hat's off to you!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I'd really like to see an LP of Chroma Squad for the PC. Someone tried to do one before but literally stopped posting after voting on the squad so I still have no idea what this game is really about.

Quoting because it never got put on the request list.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Quoting because it never got put on the request list.

Whoops. Sorry about that one :nyoron: It's on there now though with this month's date stamp just to make up for it.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I would like to request any game from the Kessen series as they vexed me in middle school

edit: and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series.

Herr Tog fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 10, 2017

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I would like to request an informative LP of SHENZHEN I/O.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Herr Tog posted:

I would like to request any game from the Kessen series as they vexed me in middle school

edit: and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series.

preferably historically informative would be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Double posting, but the thought crossed my mind last night that it'd be cool to see a thread dedicated to going over the entire Wonder Boy family tree of games. It's a complex one.