Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
With Atelier Firis being released soon, I'd really love to see an informative SS or Hybrid LP of Atelier Sophie. I think it's a charming game and helped me get back into the Atelier series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
For those who requested/re-requested them: LPs of both Persona 1 and The Prisoner have started up in the last few days and are now listed as being fulfilled on the Request List.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'd like for someone to make a Megathread of all the Witcher games because it's a cool series and CD Project Red are good people making good games.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Man, I can't believe we're approaching our first :siren:Six Month Anniversary:siren:!

That means that for the first time, LPs that have been requested since this thread went live are now eligible for the Bubble List. And good lordy do we have a big one this time around too!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
While it's not my first choice, I'll save Valkyrie Profile 2: Slimeria. My first choice was Wild Arms XF, but after the last LP attempt I'm thinking the game is possibly cursed.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'll save Custom Robo for the GameCube. Was considering saving Hero Core, but I saw someone play it and enjoy it on a stream so I'm satisfied.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'll save Wild Arms XF.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

I would like to request the XBOX RPG which is now on steam, Sudeki.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I would like to request a Something Awful Let's Play of Zero Wing.

I don't know anything about the game but I would like to see the origin of the most memiest of memes discussed by goons.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It's a pretty boring SHMUP, to be honest.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

It's a pretty boring SHMUP, to be honest.

I remember something to that effect too, just looking it up and fining out "oh, it's actually a real uninteresting unplayable snore fest once you get past that bonkers gently caress opening :nallears:"

It's on the list now regardless though.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Happy six months, crow! I would like to request that Fez 2 stay on the list. I would also like to add Half-Life 3. Power of positive thinking, people. Let's make the world the way we want it!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I'd like to rerequest Solium Infernum.

Blind Sally posted:

I would like to request that Fez 2 stay on the list.
Wait, that even exists!? You might as well request...

quote:

I would also like to add Half-Life 3.
Oh you.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Happy six months, crow! I would like to request that Fez 2 stay on the list. I would also like to add Half-Life 3. Power of positive thinking, people. Let's make the world the way we want it!

I'm sorely tempted to add these just to see if anyone comments on them between now when they fall off the list...

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

I already gave Fez 2 its previous extension.:colbert:

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
You know what I'd really like to see? A good, solid LP of the game Energy Breaker for the Super Famicom (with translation patch of course). I mean, I'd like to see more translated games LPed in general, but this one was a real holy grail for a while, and it's got art by the person who did Trigun. I think it might be neat.

PROBABLY better as a screenshot LP, but it is a strategy RPG so I guess it's really up to the LPer.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Ephraim225 is doing an LP of Yugioh Reshef of Destruction, you can strike it from the list.

And I'm going to bubble Shin Megami Tensei 4. Pity I don't have a 3DS recording set up or I'd consider doing it myself after Shira Oka.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Carbon dioxide posted:

I would like to request an informative LP of SHENZHEN I/O.

Scott Manley's done a pretty good one.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Herr Tog and I are gonna tackle Mankind Divided. Thread to come later this week...

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Scott Manley's done a pretty good one.

Thanks, a good recommendation.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
I'd like to rerequest Journeyman Projects 2 and 3.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Maybe it's too soon but I'm looking for a VLP of that new game Nier: Automata.

I really liked EpicNameBro's take on Dark Souls. So I guess I'd prefer someone without a camera, with some knowledge or at least a bit of mastery of game systems, who isn't trying to fill every empty space with noise/reactions/quips. Willing to compromise if it's entertaining enough! Anyone out there doing one yet?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ashrik posted:

There's at least 2 people who've been going to do one since like the day it was announced. Give it time.

Akul
Aug 29, 2012

whitehelm posted:

I'd like to rerequest Journeyman Projects 2 and 3.

Orylen did a very detailed one of Legacy of Time, complete with added subtitling, history segments and an easter egg hunt. He is currently doing JP1 Pegasus Prime(started the same day it came on Steam). I haven't played Buried in Time or JP1 Turbo so I can't judge them, but he did them as well.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1hGniugl-KKH_TMH0a9_Gj3g9aws2dS-

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ashrik posted:

I really liked EpicNameBro's take on Dark Souls. So I guess I'd prefer someone without a camera, with some knowledge or at least a bit of mastery of game systems, who isn't trying to fill every empty space with noise/reactions/quips. Willing to compromise if it's entertaining enough! Anyone out there doing one yet?

Epicnamebro did Nier Automata.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Tae posted:

Epicnamebro did Nier Automata.

I think that's Nioh (drat you got my hopes up though). I'm not seeing Nier on his youtube channel.

vvvvvv bless you

Ashrik fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 24, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ashrik posted:

I think that's Nioh (drat you got my hopes up though). I'm not seeing Nier on his youtube channel.

It's on his twitch vod. He's playing it again in the near future.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to re-request Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness because someone needs to suffer through that thing for posterity so no one else ever has to. And it's quite an interesting game... if you can see past the nigh-unplayability.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
There's an old LP by Baldurk, but I believe they are quite old and the video quality thus leaves a bit to be desired. Wouldn't mind seeing a new LP of the first two Destroy All Humans games. I seem to recall the spinoff and third one being hot garbage, but the first two, some meme-y humor aside, being rather fun and solid for what they were.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Gonna issue a request for Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 since I thought someone had done it but it doesn't seem to be on Archive or the Master List.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 1, 2017

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Due to the fact that I'd have no choice but to skip Kingdom Hearts 3 if no one ever does this, I'm gonna request Kingdom Hearts #/# Days, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep SSLPs. And for completions sake, Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2 SSLPs. I just cant do Video LPs and I cant actually play those games myself for one reason or another even with the complete collection.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MythosDragon posted:

Due to the fact that I'd have no choice but to skip Kingdom Hearts 3 if no one ever does this, I'm gonna request Kingdom Hearts #/# Days, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep SSLPs. And for completions sake, Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2 SSLPs. I just cant do Video LPs and I cant actually play those games myself for one reason or another even with the complete collection.

Kingdom Hearts 3D is already on the list, and given the advancements in 3DS footage capture made in the last year, I'd say it's only a matter of time before someone gets around to it. As for the other games, Kung Fu-Jesus and a whole host of others have basically tackled the entire series in video format, including FutureFriend & co's ongoing LP of Re:Chain of Memories.

So it's not like one is exactly starving for Kingdom Hearts-related LPs. Unless you specifically want SSLPs of each of them, that is...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

nine-gear crow posted:

Kingdom Hearts 3D is already on the list, and given the advancements in 3DS footage capture made in the last year, I'd say it's only a matter of time before someone gets around to it. As for the other games, Kung Fu-Jesus and a whole host of others have basically tackled the entire series in video format, including FutureFriend & co's ongoing LP of Re:Chain of Memories.

So it's not like one is exactly starving for Kingdom Hearts-related LPs. Unless you specifically want SSLPs of each of them, that is...

There is now the option to play kh 3d on the PS4 with 2.8.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

nine-gear crow posted:

Aye, they seemed to specify not VLP's.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The problem is that apart from the original CoM on GBA, KH as a franchise really does not lend itself to SSLPs very well do to it being more of an action RPG while SSLPs are typically reserved for more traditional JRPGs which are slower in pace.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 27, 2017

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Chimera-gui posted:

The problem is that apart from the original CoM on GBA, KH as a franchise really does not lend itself to SSLPs very well do to it being more of an action RPG while SSLPs are typically reserved for more traditional JRPGs which are slower in pace.

Also, fully acted and animated cutscenes don't lend themselves to SSLPs either.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Thats not really true, you can always add optional videos for cutscenes, and I've tried to play the games myself or actively hate the gameplay(3D's minion system) so If anything it helps to not have to sit through all of that. I just dont think theres such a thing as "Doesnt lend itself to SSLP" unless there just no story in the game at all, alot of the best SSLPs are of games that have full voice acting and action gameplay.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

Also, fully acted and animated cutscenes don't lend themselves to SSLPs either.

The KOTOR 2 LP is one of the best so I don't think so?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Yeah, it's an old debate and I've said it before, but I don't believe that certain games or certain game genres only lend themselves to certain styles of LPing. It all falls to the LPer. If there are a bunch of unimaginative people making boring LPs of a game, that's not the game's fault. That said, if somebody wants an SSLP of Kingdom Hearts, that's an entirely different thing and they're welcome to request it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm not sure if it really needs to be said, but I have been champing at the bit since its Japanese release for a Persona 5 LP. Now that it's in English, I am chafing more and more at not having a PS3/4. Someone please LP this game before I buy something I really can't afford.