Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Cross Edge is the game that made me decide to never play another Idea Factory JRPG. Please do not play it.

Sadly, you're not missing out on much. Their Child Company, Compile Heart somehow took over not long after and well theres just not much of worth in their games. We havnt gotten an actual Idea Factory game since Agarest 2, 5 years ago. Compile Heart continues to use their name though so sadly people associate them as the same thing.

Seriously, I loved Cross Edge and Agarest so much that I used to tout the Neverland Series as the best non localized RPG series. I still would too if it wasnt for Falcom taking up all my gaming related obsession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm surprised there's no LP of Horizon: Zero Dawn yet. I don't have a PS4 and want to at least experience it vicariously.

it's Guerrilla Games, so i'd also love to see one of this. crow has a copy, but he won't stop playing Mass Effect, so i can't convince him to do one.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Blind Sally posted:

it's Guerrilla Games, so i'd also love to see one of this. crow has a copy, but he won't stop playing Mass Effect, so i can't convince him to do one.

Get him to do WKC:O first before HZD.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

ChaosArgate posted:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

ChaosArgate posted:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:frogout:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ftfy

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
Please someone do blood bowl 2 so that I don't have to only watch people play games that don't objectively hate them.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Send a PM to Gnu Order about that. He just might be convinced when the only good team, Pro Elves, comes with the BB2:LE.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Please someone do blood bowl 2 so that I don't have to only watch people play games that don't objectively hate them.

I do really hate blood bowl...

And elves.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I'd like to request the original Wasteland, since the only LP of it requires archives.

Bonus points if it goes into the weird glitches you can pull off.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'd like to request ABZU, please.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Rage of Mages, please.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm too poor/lazy to buy or play Mass Effect: Andromeda so I hope some goon decides to make an LP out of it. I think they're working on patching the bad animations so it'd probably be more fun to do it while they're still weird.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

biosterous posted:

I'd like to request the original Wasteland, since the only LP of it requires archives.

Bonus points if it goes into the weird glitches you can pull off.

Even if you have archives all the images were hosted on waffleimages and are no longer there.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

whitehelm posted:

Even if you have archives all the images were hosted on waffleimages and are no longer there.

I bought archives to read all the "Finished" lps on the master list like a personal favorite: Luminous Arc. I was saddened to learn this the hard way.

Skypizza
Dec 19, 2015

Geek

Zenithe posted:

Putting in a request for a DEADBOLT LP of any kind.

Here you go:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817753

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Could somebody do a Super Mario Maker lp? I have an insatiable need to watch people play my levels, but trying to get Twitch streamers to do it is actual torture.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sam Faust posted:

Could somebody do a Super Mario Maker lp? I have an insatiable need to watch people play my levels, but trying to get Twitch streamers to do it is actual torture.

Putty was doing one a while back and was playing goon levels: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744018

It's short because there were technical difficulties after a few updates and he hasn't come back to it, but what was there was good.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'd be down if somebody LP'd Cosmic Star Heroine, the latest Zeboyd game.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Blind Sally posted:

Putty was doing one a while back and was playing goon levels: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744018

It's short because there were technical difficulties after a few updates and he hasn't come back to it, but what was there was good.

which is a disappointment because it's my favorite thing I've seen Putty do on the whole forums. Goon levels are a surefire way to have fun in any game.

Skypizza
Dec 19, 2015

Geek
I would to request an LP for Dues Ex Human Revolution please. I played this one and would like to see how someone else might play through it. Playing the DLC contents is also a huge bonus cause I never got around playing those.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Skypizza posted:

I would to request an LP for Dues Ex Human Revolution please. I played this one and would like to see how someone else might play through it. Playing the DLC contents is also a huge bonus cause I never got around playing those.

Bobbin Threadbare has an ongoing LP.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

which is a disappointment because it's my favorite thing I've seen Putty do on the whole forums. Goon levels are a surefire way to have fun in any game.

Well, at least (in a roundabout way) we got FPzero and Tyty's Romhackeria megathread out of it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Super Mario Maker would be cool for goon levels, but I'd love to see the built-in levels shown off and see them connected to how they introduce level design concepts to the creator mode. In-depth analysis on level design and what the Mario Maker community gets right or wrong, different techniques in making different genres of levels, and of course showing off the specialty levels from other game developers and the like.

Not all of that is necessary of course, but I think it'll add some structure so it's easier to set up an LP beyond playing goon levels, plus put a pretty cool spin to make the LP unique from all the other streams and videos out there.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Blind Sally posted:

actually most of the submitted levels made me want to die, the good ones were really good though

Putty fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 27, 2017

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'll re-request Panzer Dragoon Orta and put in a new request for Crimson Dragon, the spiritual sequel.

MonstrousMouse
Apr 15, 2014
Now that Fate/Extella is out and there's a bunch of characters from the Fate spinoffs in it, I'd like to request Fate/Extra for PSP, SSLP.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

MonstrousMouse posted:

Now that Fate/Extella is out and there's a bunch of characters from the Fate spinoffs in it, I'd like to request Fate/Extra for PSP, SSLP.

Seconding this. I utterly fail at getting into Fate, but thats the one part I did succeed at loving.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I just learned that the 3rd Trails in the Sky was released recently and I'm requesting that asap.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Me too.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Not really an LP request, but I don't know where else to ask, but if anyone who knows Japanese would be interested in translating dialogue for me (because I don't know any Japanese) in order to help me do a screenshot LP of Zero No Kiseki, that'd be neat. It'd just be the main quest, probably, seeing as it's a relatively long game anyway.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Are you going to pay them?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

Are you going to pay them?

I feel like I should have said that I have no money because I'm paying for college, so if I did, it would be a pretty measly sum. I'd definitely give credit to them, though. I'm not an rear end in a top hat.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That may be, but translation is a Job with a capital J, especially in a game with a lot of dialogue. It's not good form to pay people in "Exposure", and you may find it hard to find a volunteer for such a time-consuming project.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

BioEnchanted posted:

That may be, but translation is a Job with a capital J, especially in a game with a lot of dialogue. It's not good form to pay people in "Exposure", and you may find it hard to find a volunteer for such a time-consuming project.

True. I didn't think about sheer amount of poo poo that goes into just translating like making sure the tone is consistent with the mood, making sure things make sense in English, and making sure each character sounds like their own person... Holy gently caress. That is a massive undertaking.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm not convinced it would be ethical to accept payment to work on an unauthorised fan project, anyway.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm not convinced it would be ethical to accept payment to work on an unauthorised fan project, anyway.

You realize how marginal the chances of this coming out in the US are, right?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
That has nothing to do with it. It's one thing to work on a fan project for free as a service to the community, or just because you want to, but getting paid for it is sketchy as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Beelerzebub posted:

I didn't think about sheer amount of poo poo that goes into just translating
Yep, sadly that's something you see quite often in this line of work. I've had several potential jobs fall through because the client didn't realize professional translation work is something the translator expects to be paid for.

But yeah, accepting payment for working on an unauthorized fan project would be a bit dodgy, so you'd really have to want to work on that project to even bother. For the record, I don't work with Japanese, so I couldn't take on this particular project even if I wanted to.