Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Due to cool and hilarious circumstances we are now invite only. Post here if you want in and an admin will add you.

Is this something where people that use IRC are not allowed to be on slack or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

No it's a thing where people who join slack to troll it aren't allowed. Regardless of IRC membership

Which is why people from IRC get blanket banned, OKIE DOKIE

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That's not the case but thanks for your concern

Says the person with the invite only clique. I know I've never trolled, but I am apparently not welcome there because of my association with IRC.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Skreemer posted:

I too would like to be added to the slack chat. Overnight work is boring and I need to annoy someone.

irc.synirc.org, #bieks

Everyone is welcome in bieks, we are not a safe space echo chamber and we don't ban people we disagree with. All thoughts and ideas are welcome to be expressed, you just might get poo poo on for the stupid ones.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Skreemer posted:

I'll have to see if I can get back in, the company had blocked IRC for a bit and is rather aggressive when they find proxies running internally.

there are browser clients that work okay like mibbit.com, don't know if its chrome only or not, good luck

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

500excf type r fucked around with this message at 13:01 on May 26, 2017

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Daddy is gonna get mad at you for inviting people to IRC

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

PathAsc posted:

IRC is cool and good

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lmao @ ur effort and caring

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

you guys talk a lot of poo poo for being too afraid to log into an irc channel that doesnt ban anyone

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

it's cool to chat about bikes in an environment where people don't call you a WONDERFUL PERSON

yeah i agree. in the few minutes i was in your slack channel i was called a slew of names just for having the audacity to log into the channel. it is not something that happens in IRC however

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 19, 2020

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Adiabatic posted:

You should definitely take this conversation to email.

it is actually more funny being hashed out here than in their emails

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Probably for trolling, I dunno for sure since we don't keep a log of that stuff, nor do I make any effort to remember, hth.

the only person that actually trolled your channel was n8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)