Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Worthleast posted:

Is filming vertical a sin?

Unequivocally yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Someone who was doing their PhD research on this just visited my parish. I didn't get a chance to talk to her at all, but my wife did and the lady mentioned that exorcisms were virtually unheard of within Orthodoxy in Ethiopia until some pentecostal group came and made it all the rage.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

CountFosco posted:

What kind of religious podcasts do people here listen to/enjoy, anyway? Currently I'm subscribed to:

Religions of the Ancient Mediterranean
The Illumined Heart
The Anglican Internet Church
The Areopagus
The Deconstructionists
A History of Christian Theology
Light of the East
More than One Lesson
The Morning Offering
Pop Culture Coffee Hour
Reasonable Faith Podcast (don't judge)
Trinities
Unbelievable
Voices From St Vladimir's Seminary.

That's actually way more than I realized. Any good ones out there that people recommend?

That's a bunch. Which are your favorites?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Valiantman posted:

Way off-topic but I always thought podcasts, what little I know of them, were basically just recordings of some radio shows (or the like) a bit like how you'd record a tv show that you might want to watch later. Them having an actual active audience is a surprise. I may sound dumb but is listening to podcasts as common as your list suggests? When do people listen to them? :shobon:

I listen to them on my train commute, when washing dishes, in the shower, cleaning etc. Pretty much any time that I don't need to concentrate on the task at hand.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Can we go back to talking about funny hats?

Or posting pictures of monks and animals?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I haven't seen this posted in awhile and showed it to my friend today, so I thought I would share it here (for the 1000th time):

http://www.blc.arizona.edu/courses/schaffer/449/Gould%20Nonoverlapping%20Magisteria.htm

EDIT: Also, what's with the "htm" file name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Caufman posted:

I think if I got a goat, it'd be a pet, and unslaughterable. What with those snootle, its ground tappers, and its wiggly listeners.

My wife is from the Fiji islands and one time her grandpa pointed out to the goats and told her to choose her favorite. Of course, she chose the cutest one, not thinking any more of it because she was a little kid.

They had goat curry that night.

• Locked thread