Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
So it's like AM torturing you because you didn't make it sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Numerical Anxiety posted:

You mean a hangover?

AM

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Many years, many years!

To be fair, I don't know the significance of the saying, but it seems a Christgoon thing to say.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Aren't evalngelicals one of the "why we can't have nice things anymore" protestant branches anyways? :v:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I had to read that first line a few times before I realized that the talk is about Doctor Who instead of some actual doctor.

My hill to die on is "No Female Space Marines in 40K", so I'll pass this one.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

In the new doctor was an Ethiopian orthodox lady, I'd watch it.

I think I stopped around the time of... depression era America episode? Was it after Rose was done? I don't remember.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Rob Dreher is an idiot, news at 6.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Well, this thread (?) has taught me that hell is an eternity of separation from God/love, which is a lot easier to understand when a) you know that depression is a thing b) you may be experiencing something like that yourself. Am I on fire? No. Am I suffering? Yes.

You could bring it up to the the "interpretation is modernized" thing, tho.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

So, ugh, where does the stereotype about Catholic/Irish guilt comes from? I mean, we do say mea culpas at church, but should we all be suffering from guilt all the time?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I like how the Trumparyans have nothing to say about divorce, multiple instances of :v:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Maybe you should, the thread can't afford losing you.

Also, hasn't there been an Irma like 20 years ago?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Hope you get out in time to stay safe and sound!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

...the Russian military exercises, Kim Jong Nuke...

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Pellisworth posted:

After a roadtrip of more than 2000 miles, I'm moved back to the area where I grew up and start teaching science at the local tribal college tomorrow. I'm excited!

My church options are pretty limited out here: Catholicism, Evangelical Protestants, conservative synods of Lutheranism (WELS, LCMS), or Anglicanism. So I'm probably going back to my Episco-pals.

Which one has the best native hotties?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Tias posted:

Can we not do this? Fetishizing other races is really uncomfortable, especially where these are socially and economically marginalized to the point of spiking drug use and youth suicide rates.

I'm sorry, my only fetishes are white ladies and Soviet tanks, I was just trying to make a lighthearted joke :(

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I don't know much about the plight of Native Americans or how their hotties look like, but my ignorance is no excuse, I guess.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Yeah, this looks like SJW stuff to me, though. I made joke about choosing church on hot women, which just happened to take Native flavour considering that he's in a reservation.

It's like the third joke in 6 days I'm supposed to feel bad about (some BA players were angry when I said that some people who play WWII Germans might be Nazis, and one dude felt like I was seriously accusing him of being bourgeois when he "started from nothing before getting where he is" when I said that his bourgeois existence prevents him from grasping how to play Soviets in a videogame) and I'm getting annoyed.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Who's Marcel?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Valiantman posted:

That avatar.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Not a fight to be had on the thread, but you can totally call out someone for going too far, even on the left. Else we're no different from tumblr.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Lol, SSPX is about jews? What chodes.

I'm not a fan of my local church, so I tend to listen to Sunday mass over internet radio. They do it from different churches erry time, and let me tell you, I'll take Latin and organs over Lithuanian and guitars.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Imagine English and guitars, like the stereotype with youth reach out churches, but in Lithuanian. If they came up with cooler lyrics, maybe...

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Yeah, Caufman, you're a certified cool guy/goon!

Meanwhile, what is happening here?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

And that's why we Catholics apparently have rules for baptizing flesh vats.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Meanwhile in England...

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Man, "I stand before the flag, I kneel before the cross" has to be some grade A bullshit.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

While some suffering unavoidably comes from the world (birth defects, landslides), wast majority comes from human action (drunkeness, wars) or inaction (African famine, Puerto Rico), so we could be living much better if we cared.

By the way, my grandfather passed away, requesting prayers for my grandma and aunt, and maybe my inscrutable atheist father.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Valiantman posted:

Way off-topic but I always thought podcasts, what little I know of them, were basically just recordings of some radio shows (or the like) a bit like how you'd record a tv show that you might want to watch later. Them having an actual active audience is a surprise. I may sound dumb but is listening to podcasts as common as your list suggests? When do people listen to them? :shobon:

I listen to them at the gym or while painting miniatures or washing the floors.
And yes, a podcast is basically a radio show you can listen at any time.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Get on my level, scrub, nobody can even write my nick right.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

There's some plausible sounding stuff that the USSR was promoting eastern spirituality/religions in the 1970s and on to get the local people in the Union away from Christianity.

And on the other hand, Russia seems like a place that's obsessed with indigo children and other stuff that's not religious, but mystical.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Re: condemnation and stuff: in a perfectly spherical church, isn't condemning sins cause people who sin emotional distress?

Also, that apple analogy is... ugh... how is marrying an anime more logically possible than marrying a person who solidly exists?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

We Catholics haven't reached the Imperial Cult-level of incorporation of local beliefs... yet.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I stand before the flag
I kneel before the cross

JcDent
May 13, 2013

"Is that donkey loving her?"
"I dunno, I can't see. But what else would it be doing there?"
"Maybe it's just standing there?"
"What, donkey, just standing there, over a common criminal harlot?"
"Yeah, I supposed you're right... take that donkey dick, you bread stealing slut!"

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Senju Kannon posted:

i can't believe the romans had kayfabe donkey shows

Well, the donkey is getting a pretty sweet deal out of this, and who is going to believe a criminal who claims that she didn't gently caress a donkey for all of Rome to see?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I believe cats are non edible in most of the world, so I have one.

Yeah, bunny is too cute for eatings. Chickens and anything bigger? Less so.

Now, if the world state declared we all need to go vegetarian to fight climate change, I'd do it. Just give me plenty of delicious buckwheat.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

she deletes her tweets every 48hrs or so, which means i can't post the one where her autistic husband responded to her pregnancy by drawing up an excel spreadsheet of how to care for the baby. the baby's responsibilities were listed as 'in utero' and 'parental care' :3:

I saw that one!

Also, Elizaboo! Bruening is the cutest Halloween handle :3

JcDent
May 13, 2013

JcDent posted:

I saw that one!

Also, Elizaboo! Bruening is the cutest Halloween handle :3

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Dead danes do seem spooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Listening to the mass on the internet radio again, because I'm a turd who's not that enamored with the local parish for silly reasons.

And it's guitars here.

Ugh.

ED: "For naught are the pagan godlings
Our God is the creator of the universe"

*some guitar strumming really wants to be likened to a harp*

JcDent fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Oct 22, 2017

• Locked thread