Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

tribbledirigible posted:

Have you tried updating the steelseries engine? It's not the same company, but my corsair mouse started turbo clicking out of the blue and a firmware downgrade or a newer upgrade fixed it.

Also, do you have anything else that can take a usb keyboard, like an xbone/laptop/tablet (probably need a micro USB/usb-c adapter) to test it out?

The engine is already up to date. I don't know about the firmware but I can only assume that too is up to date, as it's never given me an option to update it.
I do not have an Xbone and the only laptops here aren't mine, and given that it can go multiple days without it happening it'd be rude to try and monopolize them. I'm about to just cancel the drat RMA and deal with it, and replace it when I build the computer proper I guess :sigh: It's a great keyboard when it's not loving up, it really is, but this is a helluva big turd in the punch bowl.

My working theory is there's some manner of break inside the cable but it's a weird-rear end one; I've wiggled and waggled the thing in every way i can and I can't reliably get the disconnect to happen. It would be less annoying if *I knew what was causing it*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Inzombiac posted:

My boss is very forgetful, which sucks but isn't a huge deal because he doesn't blame us for delays on projects.

However, he's told project leads that I am unreliable, not visible enough and I don't follow-through.

He didn't give specifics, so I compiled a folder of everything I'm working on that has stalled because he keeps forgetting to do his part.

I was annoyed but now I'm furious.
ooooo, I LOVE superiors who are completely incompetent but think YOU are the reason for production inadequacies! they're my big favorite

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Back in the ER with mom after only a couple days, they think she has a blood clot in her lungs, she is having trouble breathing and has a host of various illness symptoms.

We've been sitting in the waiting room for 5 hours now. Another family with a baby has been sitting here for 9. They JUST got called in as I was typing up this post. The halls of the ER are full of beds with patients on them, all the rooms filled of course.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes of course the reason mom's heart is inflamed and there is fluid surrounding it is because the shingles she has has also spread to her heart! Cool! Get your loving shingles vaccine holy poo poo!

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Had to say goodbye to one the sweetest most loving dogs I have ever met, it's only been 48 hours between first signs of illness and having to put her to sleep, loving cancer I'm so loving sick of cancer, cancer can go gently caress it's self with a rake.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'm so sorry. :sympathy:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Got really awful food poisoning from my lunch at work, threw up all over the place unexpectedly, will probably be throwing up a bunch more. It's been a hell of a last week and a half

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lost seven pounds since midnight. luckily was able to keep down sips of water so I didn't totally dehydrate, even if my mouth went super dry. slept for 16 hours off and on, waking up to run to the bathroom. now I feel like my body is on fire but the thermometer says 98.7, weird. and all my muscles and joints are burning and aching. now finally able to keep down some basic food like apple sauce and graham crackers with peanut butter.

lesson learned: do not keep a pizza shop sub in the fridge over the weekend for work the following monday. it didn't TASTE like it had gone bad, but...boy howdy had it, apparently!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
My dad died this morning after battling a resurgence of cancer over the last 6 weeks.

It's hard to process...went from seemingly healthy, to a 6 month 'maybe' diagnosis after going to the oncologist for back/arm & hip pain. Turned out his cancer came back way more aggressively & was growing in his right hip/femur, spine, skull, right arm & lungs. Got radiation for 2 weeks on his head & back, seemed to be okay & they let him go home 2 Fridays ago. He was doing really good until he lost his balance leaving the house last week & fell down on the porch, fracturing his right leg above the knee. Had surgery on the leg but started having problems breathing & swallowing over the next couple days...then he went into cardiac arrest & they couldn't bring him back.

I don't honestly know what's next or what to do. I'm trying my best to keep composure for my mom but...seeing dad in that hospital bed, with one of his last questions to his doctor being "am I fighting a losing battle?" will haunt me forever. Glad he's not struggling or in pain any more but gently caress, he wasn't supposed to go this soon :smith:

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Christ, I'm sorry. Been there and it's awful. Take it a day at a time and know that it will get better in time but it's something you'll have to work at each day. (I'm afraid that sounds like meaningless platitudes and I'm sorry if it does)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'm pretty sure my friend stole 50 bucks from me. That sucks for a lot of reasons :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Back in the hospital with mom again, heart rate of 170. Went to the cardiologist yesterday for an echocardiogram, and according to the patient advocate at the hospital, they absolutely should have done SOMETHING about her instead of just doing it and shunting her out the door, like sending her directly to the hospital to be directly admitted rather than having me have to take her to the ER when I got home from work and she was very shaky and sweating because of the tachycardia. Mom told the person at the cardiologist a bunch of things and she doesn't think the lady heard a word of it, just nodded her head and focused on getting mom's thing done and out asap. So now mom is back in the ER and talking to a cardiologist who literally just said "what the gently caress are they doing over there?!" because this was life-threatening poo poo.

Spent six hours with her in the ER, she will probably be there for another day or two before getting a room since her neighbor has been waiting for over a day themselves. Talked to her on the phone about an update from the cardiologist, and as soon as we got done talking the power went out and has not come back on in 20 minutes. It's been one of those days and it aint even noon, I'm just gonna call out of work, gently caress it all they can write me up if they want I don't want to deal with any poo poo today.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
A dessicated dog turd stuck to the bottom of my shopping cart noticed ONLY when I was unloading my groceries. :cry:

Bringing your pets to the grocery store isn't cool, people. It is deeply unhygienic.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

It's been really nice outside recently so I've been keeping my windows open, but one of my neighbors has been using so much body spray that I have to close them again. it's loving ridiculous lol.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I think my internet provider has decided the best way to "slow down" our usage during peak times is. . . 60 seconds of connection, then 60 seconds of no connection, alternating forever. Nice and fast during that 60 seconds of connection, then get to stare at the little "page loading" graphics for just long enough that I want to strangle the idiot who came up with this instead of just giving me a slower connection for a few hours.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Sounds kinda like the throttled connection my ISP forced us onto when we got caught piratin' to make us call them and acknowledge we'd done it and pinky-promise never to do it again. It still worked, sorta, in incredibly aggravating fashion.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Going on 9 hours in the ER waiting room now.

Good thing it's apparently not much of an emergency.

What a farce.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Going on 9 hours in the ER waiting room now.

Good thing it's apparently not much of an emergency.

What a farce.

God drat, hang in there :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Total time in waiting room before being taken into the ER proper: 9 hours 35 minutes

In a room, still waiting to see a doctor

It will be really funny if after all that they wind up sending us home

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They gave mom meds in the ER that made her loopy and she got up and fell and I think hit her head and is too meshuggenuh to tell me what happened and her nurse is nowhere to be found

How did they give her mind-altering drugs and not secure her in the bed

What the gently caress is going on I'm losing my mind

E: oh okay cool she was given too much Ativan, went completely meshuggenah, and hurtled over the guardrails on her stretcher before anyone could stop her, so now theyre keeping her next to the nurses station instead of in a room. Great!

"One of the worst falls I've seen in my career" says the nurse. I love it! And somehow despite that, her CT scan showed no significant damage and no head trauma. So mom's record of "every disease imaginable, every malady conceivable, has fallen at least a hundred times and been in deadly car accidents, and yet has still never broken a bone in her life" record remains intact

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 22:12 on Mar 16, 2024

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Invictus posted:

So mom's record of "every disease imaginable, every malady conceivable, has fallen at least a hundred times and been in deadly car accidents, and yet has still never broken a bone in her life" record remains intact

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I get that medical people are overwhelmed these days because of the stupid people running the country but what the gently caress are they doing???

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the ER is completely packed at all times these days, and it's not like it's a small ER either, it's got at least 40 rooms plus space in the hallways for another ~60-80 stretchers. they need to build an entire building for ER poo poo at this point, and hire more staff of course, but lol

mom was supposed to have a procedure done today to drain fluid from around her heart which was pressing in on it and making it harder for her to breathe, but because of the overdosing and fall, she was not in the right mind to consent to the procedure. this of course meant they did not call me for me to give consent(being her caretaker) since she couldn't, which would have meant she might have been able to come home tonight instead of staying another day in the ER. sigh

I am so tired of all of this, this is the fifth time in a month she's been in the hospital for multiple days in a row

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I get that medical people are overwhelmed these days because of the stupid people running the country but what the gently caress are they doing???
my dude one of the previous times she had to go over recently because she had a heart rate of 171(regular heart rate is like 55-60), mom explained to the cardiologist on site about how the day prior we had gone to have her have an echocardiogram at the cardiology clinic and the nurse doing it outright ignored mom describing symptoms of high heart rate, afib, etc, and then sent her home without comment afterwards, which resulted in me finding her cold to the touch and sweating because her heart rate was sky high/blood pressure was rock bottom, and I rushed her to the ER.

he literally said loudly "WHAT THE gently caress ARE THEY DOING OVER THERE!" which, I appreciate it because I prefer the irritated honesty rather than sugarcoating that they super hosed up

I just hope the procedure mom's having in a few weeks will mean she'll never have to deal with all this garbage for the rest of her life. because it is loving taxing

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Had a terrible dream this morning. The kind where I wake up hyperventilating and furious with myself for making the part of me that experiences dreams live through that poo poo.

I guess I'm glad I don't get these ones often.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So I got to work today and at 8 the first call came in. I recognized the last name as one of my favorite co-workers so I picked it up.

It was his dad calling to tell us that my coworker died last night. He was riding a motorcycle he picked up on Sat and a car hit him, throwing him into the other lane where he got hit again. I just had to tell my store manager and all our shop guys what happened.

He was such a cool guy. He had three kids, which he loved so drat much. And he was the first person I'd run to when I had a problem I couldn't figure out. When we had bad days we'd go out and smoke and bitch together. He was the kind of guy that when his dog passed, he was distraught for months. A year later he still teared up telling us storied about that dog.

My boss and I left work. I couldn't do it today. My desk used to be the coworker's desk until he moved to the shop. I can't answer the phone without bawling. Dammit.

Please be careful when you're driving. There are a lot of motorcycles out there. Rest in peace, Cody.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I had to break off a multi-year friendship with someone because she made it clear that she sees me as a burden and is revolted by the idea of being close to me emotionally.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

one of my roommates died

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Had a company I applied to schedule a phone call interview and then loving ghosted me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Going to try to make it through today without breaking down.

Don't know if I can (update: nope)

My friend is gone. My life has been upended.

I'm so tired of hearing how sorry everyone is. It hurts more than words can express. Check in on the people you love. Tell them you love them before you can't anymore. There was a lot I should have said, and a lot I shouldn't have said, and now I can never make it right.

Suicide destroys so many more lives than just the one. Please reach out to someone if you're struggling.

Previous post was an hour after I found her, I was still in shock.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Mar 28, 2024