Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

cmndstab posted:

Jesus Christ.

That's a hell of a harrowing experience :stare:

Yeah, it actually really was. When I wrote it I was still a bit jacked up from the whole experience, and I think my anger effected the post a lot. I was just so upset that he ran away and knocked down the paramedics who literally saved his life.

Oh also today my year-old LG G4 suddenly bricked as I was sitting at my desk. I don't have any kind of extended warranty on it, so down to the cell phone shop for an hour to get a new device activated. A new S7 and an extra year on my contract cost me $200

BUT the guy there was an old buddy of mine and he managed to take my bricked phone as a trade in and give me $300 in store credit so I got 2 battery packs, a high quality 10ft cable, an Otterbox and a Samsung Gear VR headset!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

PenguinKnight posted:

I got a new job a month and a half ago and i want to quit it already. After being in this call center, i wish i was back in retail.

I worked a call center for over a year and I wanted to kill myself.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

A friend of mine just told me the cancer he's been fighting for two years is pretty likely going to kill him. He hasn't told anyone else.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 04:20 on Nov 5, 2016

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
My parents borrowed my tools. :(

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

every loving thing that could be late on my way home was late

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Had to spend the night with my husband's friend who is normally a cool dude, but tonight he was super condescending to me and basically a dick

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I moved across country, lost my wallet and broke my phone, and ran out of money.

The universe is taking a dump right now.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

My HD is totally hosed, so now I don't have a computer and god loving knows how I'm gonna afford to get it fixed.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Yesterday (Sunday) was a garbage fire. I decided to go into work in the morning to catch up on some stuff. Get to the office and the system is down. No worries, I'll go to Walmart on the way home to get some stuff. Get to Walmart and they literally had none of the things I needed. Then I got home and dropped my travel coffee mug getting out of the car and it shattered on the driveway.

Today the systems at work have been down all day so I have spent 8 hours sitting at my desk reading the forums on my phone. I want to die and I have to go back to Walmart on the way home to get a new travel mug.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Well today was a mixed bag. First day back at work, still sick. No sick leave, and I'm $500 overdrawn on my savings account with $40 away from maxing my credit card. So hell or high water, I was going to work today.

To that end I smashed down my prescribed mobic (for the inflamation around my hosed ribs) and added 2 panadein forte (basically paracetamol and codein), a valium and when that didn't help, added half an oxycodone tablet at lunch.

Work was painful, but not staggeringly so, due to the fact I was pretty well stoned out of my mind. That said, I functioned really well, but a few people did ask if I was feeling well, due to the fact I was pale and have almost entirely lost my voice. I was as chatty as I could be, and aside from the rib pain (which was dramatically reduced, thanks to all the meds) I was having a pretty good day, and it was going by fast (also probably due to the meds).

I talked to my boss about my condition, and he was pretty cool about it, and when I asked if I could get off checkouts so I could go fill stock, get moving around more (so I wouldn't fall asleep or something standing in one place drugged up to the eyeballs), he was okay with that and gave me a list of poo poo to do. So then I had free range to plug away at work, without having to deal with customers. It was great.

Then I had to cover someones break on checkouts, which was fine, but I coughed a little. Not a big coughing fit or anything, just a cough. (good news is while I'm still sick, the coughing is subsiding pretty well, which is a huge relief to my poor ribs) The second customer in line asked if I was sick. I replied I "Nah, I'll be alright, just a little cough."
I guess my reply with my whispery/puberty squeaking/gravelly voice upset her because she then told me I shouldn't be at work. I smiled and said "Eh, I'm alright, and besides, staying at home doesn't pay the bills."

She wandered off.

Turns out she went and complained that I'd make her sick and was coughing all over her groceries and being super gross and poo poo, so the boss "sent me home" by which he basically came over and pretended like I was being sent home, but then when I'd left the checkout, he just said to go back to the stock stuff. Which was cool.

Except 20 minutes later the woman came back in and saw me filling shelves near the back of the store and complained again, so I got sent home for real.

loving hell. I'm annoyed.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
welp you maniacs appear to have voted an insane bigoted citrus fruit into power so that's ruined my day.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

princecoo posted:

welp you maniacs appear to have voted an insane bigoted citrus fruit into power so that's ruined my day.

I woke up at 2am, saw the results and now I can't sleep. Guess I'm going to be tired at work all day. I hope they fixed the drat heater so it's not 90 degrees like yesterday and I don't fall asleep at my desk.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah today is automatically really lovely for a lot of us before you even consider anything personal that's going on

Just...gently caress. gently caress.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
In the last week I've gotten a painful ear infection, a flat tire on my car, got told I wouldn't get overtime pay because of a technicality (they deducted the overtime hours I worked from the bereavement time I took for my grandmother's funeral) , my dishwasher broke, my favorite belt broke, and the sole is coming off of my work shoes.

Yet after last night, somehow that all seems trivial.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
More like a small thing whose realization is bugging me:

I'm realizing that a podcast I've kept on my following list is increasingly not for me. FrightDay generally covers newer/indie horror (the stuff you'd find on Netflix, among others), which was a refreshing change of pace from horror podcasts that fellate 80s horror movies.

The hosts would shoot the poo poo for a while, then one would cover a specific conspiracy theory, and then they'd discuss the movie in the title of the episode. However, I feel like the balance has shifted. The conspiracy segment seems to dominate the episodes now, and the movie-review segment feels truncated. Less talk about the movie, and more simple synopsis-and-rating.

I should just delete the podcast, but man, it's been on my list for ages, and I don't want to. :smith:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My husband sliced his hand open with a grinder.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Picnic Princess posted:

My husband sliced his hand open with a grinder.

He shouldn't use such stale bread next time.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Well nobody else has died in my store but I came to realize that most of my interactions throughout the night are with drug addicts. This encapsulates most of my human interactions for the day, which is a loving depressing thought.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I get to work today. It was supposed to be yesterday but when I got woke up at 630am to be told I would need to work I firmly said no because I already had plans and needed more than 30 minutes notice to cancel them.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I gave a decent chunk of stuff to do today, but I'm dealing with a just-strong-enough hangover headache that I don't want to get out of bed.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
My mum is putting her dog down today. Poor thing has had a really rough time in the past few days. :smith:

e: Dog is gone. Rest in peace, Chelsea.

Intoluene has a new favorite as of 06:52 on Nov 30, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My husband didn't do anything about my birthday.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
I keep having anxiety for no real reason and I'm currently recovering from an all-out panic attack which had no discernible trigger. This is insult atop injury, I can't even justify my own mental problems

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!
I freaked out when my fiancé decided our vacation was off because of a mistake I made and yelled at her and broke some stuff in the house and I feel lower than I've ever been and now the one person I could talk to is unavailable and I just feel empty.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Picnic Princess posted:

My husband didn't do anything about my birthday.

This year we all forgot my Dad's birthday because everyone was just ridiculously busy - including my mother. I made it up to him by getting some nice mother-of-pearl cufflinks for him to match the pearl bracelet I got mum (Pearl anniversary). He wore them to a wedding a few weeks later :3:

Sorry about your b-day though dudette. :(

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

InediblePenguin posted:

I keep having anxiety for no real reason and I'm currently recovering from an all-out panic attack which had no discernible trigger. This is insult atop injury, I can't even justify my own mental problems

I hear you on that. I've had to skip breakfast the last few days because I simply cannot eat.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
My car's power window switch just broke and I have to go in to work with one of my windows down. Please be there when I finish work, car. :ohdear:

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Intoluene posted:

My car's power window switch just broke and I have to go in to work with one of my windows down. Please be there when I finish work, car. :ohdear:

Can you get it up? Wedge a small piece of folded over paper between the frame and the glass to hold it in place and at least give the appearance of security.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have a day off, but forgot to disable all my alarms. So I woke up at 830 and didn't have to.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Today was the last day I'll have with the people I've done my degree with for the past 4 years. In a class of 20, we were super close and it's really depressing that we're now moving on.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Most all my days lately have been lovely because my wife kicked me out, filed for divorce and won't let me see the kids, and I have absolutely no idea why for any of it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I don't like my TV dinner. This is the third and last time I'll complain about it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My mom just disowned the whole family after admitting she never accepted my sister for being gay. Merry Christmas everybody! :toot:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Cat ran away.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Dog that I walk every Saturday can't come out today because he had emergency surgery last night for bloat. It cost his owner £5k because he is enormous. I still don't know if he is ok. :(

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
"I'm afraid there's nothing we can do for her. She's the equivalent of 110 human years, but at that age...."

17 years. She's my best friend. I do not know how I'm going to handle this.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Just found out that while his surgery went ok, he deteriorated last night and died. It's not even my dog, I just walk him but I'm so upset, he only just turned three.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Not really measuring up to the most recent stuff I know but yesterday was really busy all day, and I work 12 hour shifts so I'm exhausted. Hopefully today will be quieter.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

An online order I placed was automatically canceled because I put a different shipping and billing address. What the gently caress, has no one ever tried that at this site before? Why do they even give me the option if it leads to automatic cancellation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

BioEnchanted posted:

Not really measuring up to the most recent stuff I know but yesterday was really busy all day, and I work 12 hour shifts so I'm exhausted. Hopefully today will be quieter.

Bloat is the worst...so sorry for your pal. He may not have been "yours," but he was yours in a way.

I keep getting asked how I manage to hold my poo poo together lately. Between being almost totally disabled and losing my cat, poo poo has been tough. But I have my job (for now), and I'm very employable and getting interview offers all the time, and the disability is temporary, and most of this year has been pretty great.

The rest of 2016 can go ahead and let up any loving day now, though...