Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I'm starting work at 9 after finishing at 10 last night. I'm real loving tired already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I've been really sick for a week and I just got hit with a really really bad fever. So I think I have the flu. I am sweating so much atm

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
The dump of a job I spoke of before is currently up in the air since we still haven't been told whether or not our company's contract has been renewed at the end of the year.

We have known about this for over a month now. Happy holidays!

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
My wife got laid off from her job last Tuesday. Her last paycheck comes Friday, and her first unemployment check comes in January. She's really not equipped for any other career.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Intoluene posted:

I'm starting work at 9 after finishing at 10 last night. I'm real loving tired already.

I got home and told the instant I walked in that I'll have to go to my sisters to help fix something. No idea what but my dad has a cordless drill with him so this might be a while. All I want to do is nap.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
My usual Sunday night anxiety loving exploded and I didn't sleep all night. Went into work at 9, can't leave until 5:30. My options for getting home are crushing myself onto a crowded bus full of screaming bumpkins, or sludging home for 40 mins in 200+ AQI air that's grey with filth and cancer. I literally can't decide which would be the worse choice. There is nothing I hate more than the grandmothers-with-kindergarteners nonstop stare-fest that my bus ride would be, but also the air tastes like burning and I don't know if I have enough juice in my body or soul to make it home on foot. Also I have a headache from not sleeping and I keep pooping weird because my stomach is all wound up from anxiety. I can't concentrate on my work, and I can't go home early because I took time off last week due to a bad migraine and I would feel like a real rear end.

Yay!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My mom and sister still aren't speaking and I'm supposed to fly out with my mom to my sister's place in 5 days! Either she comes with and it turns into a horribly awkward flight and a huge fight on Christmas, or she doesn't come and our family continues to be torn apart.

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2016

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
They just opened a plasma donation center in my town, and I spent all weekend looking forward to going in and selling my bodily fluids for gas money and a couple packs of cigarettes. Unfortunately, even though their website says they're open 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Saturday, they're actually open 10 am to 4 pm Tuesday through Saturday, so I wasted the last quarter-tank of gas in my car for absolutely nothing.

The website doesn't give a local number for the donation facility, either, and the number they do have just connects you with the home office, where they have the same information as the website, so calling ahead availed not :geno:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I've been really sick for a week and I just got hit with a really really bad fever. So I think I have the flu. I am sweating so much atm

Now with dizzy spells and diaherra

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Now with dizzy spells and diaherra

You make it sound like an infomercial. "New and improved Influenza - NOW with Dizzy spells and Diarrhea! Get it while stocks last!"

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Got a bad performance review at work. Some of it was fair, but some of it was "what in the hell, I haven't even seen your face in six months, why are you rating my performance?"

At least I still have a job, for now. And I'm currently really employable (and waiting on an offer tbh) should I decide to turn this thing right into the ground

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I literally can't enjoy a good coffee without dumping whatever may be digesting inside my colon less than 30 minutes later. I just ate that, you literal rear end in a top hat.

lovely coffee does not do this to me.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
My uncle passed away today, and I'm not sure how to take it. I wasn't close with him, but my dad is absolutely devastated and I feel terrible.

I had to go to work today, anyway, and somebody called in wanting to sue us because their son smoked one of our products. They tried to smoke rock wool, which is a type of insulation used on some fireplaces. For reference, I attached a picture.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Stressed out about the trip I'm leaving on tomorrow with my wife and my family. I always second-guess my packing when I go abroad and it's especially bad this time. The worst part, however, is that my wife (who organized this trip, which is to her home country, and is justfiably draconian about sticking to the schedule) and my family (who are all adults who want to do their own thing) refuse to communicate with each other and instead use me as a go-between and take their frustrations out on me, when I couldn't really give a poo poo what anyone does and am totally fine just sticking to a plan. Two weeks in SE Asia with everyone I care about in life, and the thing I'm most looking forward to is flying by myself with nothing but a book, my 3DS, and whatever movies the plane has. Sheesh, I sound like an old man.

Also I am sad that I had to board my dog today ahead of the trip :( And it's finally been consistently cold and dark here, two great flavors that do NOT go well together.

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Dec 20, 2016

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
The election coupled with ongoing financial problems seems to have been the final tipping point and my mood for about the last month could best be described as 'nihilistic and unpredictable'. Nothing makes any sense at all and I randomly spend entire days crying or sleeping. I'm finally back to getting work done, but I'm not sure I even care anymore. My mother, whom I would otherwise say is wonderful and decent and with whom I have a good relationship, recently described me in a phone call as being emotionally dead inside, and that's BEFORE this recent turn of mood. My entire life has just been serving as an accessory to a procession of other people.

Also the newest cat the household got is a loving rear end in a top hat and is now trying to hump the other (fixed) cats because the vet told us their appointment to get fixed was cancelled and then texted us that the appointment was un-cancelled AFTER the time we were supposed to show up in the first place, so the soonest they could reschedule us is in January. I didn't choose to have these cats, they aren't my cats, but hosed if I don't have to shovel their poo poo and babysit them and then somehow get reverse-guilt-tripped about them because I'm not actively abusing them(?!).

Also also I didn't even get any work done today because by the time groceries and social obligations were met it was four-loving-pm in the afternoon and I just lazily sat around playing a lovely roguelike and hating everything.

I'm getting older and balder and all I'm achieving is a larger list of things to be angry or bitter over every day. I bought a cheap-rear end bag of salad mix for myself today and that was my splurging for the week because I still need to get bill money ready and because it's the holidays a significant portion of my customers aren't paying up on time.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

someone put a dishwasher tablet in the coffee machine. wtf

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

someone put a dishwasher tablet in the coffee machine. wtf

Christ, people.

33/33/33 odds on a split between 'IT'LL CLEAN IT DURR', a legit but stupid attempt to kill someone, and 'IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO'

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I got off night shift, only to find out that the only route home has been closed for 4 hours and counting because two semi trucks collided with each other, shutting down the entire highway completely

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Important present I ordered for Christmas was due to arrive by tracked courier. Their system was busted so I had no idea when it was coming, it said it was on delivery 156 all day and I was number 160. So I wasted my day waiting at home (for several parcels), none of which arrived before 8pm. Finally the system updates at 9pm to say that it had been safely delivered and signed for by me, when in fact there has been zero attempt to even deliver it.

Now there's no chance I'll get it in time, and as a bonus I may not even get my money back because it has been signed for in my name which either means the driver has delivered it to the wrong address and forged the signature or just taken it for themselves or something.

Merry Christmas! :thumbsup:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
On the one hand, there is $800 in fraudulent charges missing from my bank account. On the other, filing a fraud claim and closing out the card was an easy process.

On the one hand, dealing with this made me almost late for work. On the other, I did manage to squeak in just in time.

On the one hand, a giant truck decided he needed both lanes to turn left onto the freeway after I had already gotten into the far left lane. On the other, I managed to bounce up onto the curb just enough to avoid him.

So...it could be a lot worse, I guess?

BluJay
Oct 1, 2004

I've got my eye on the finish line
My flight back to visit mine and my wife's family for the holidays was cancelled ten minutes after we arrived at the gate. Hooray!

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-holiday-travel-lax-20161222-story.html

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Jeza posted:

Important present I ordered for Christmas was due to arrive by tracked courier. Their system was busted so I had no idea when it was coming, it said it was on delivery 156 all day and I was number 160. So I wasted my day waiting at home (for several parcels), none of which arrived before 8pm. Finally the system updates at 9pm to say that it had been safely delivered and signed for by me, when in fact there has been zero attempt to even deliver it.

Now there's no chance I'll get it in time, and as a bonus I may not even get my money back because it has been signed for in my name which either means the driver has delivered it to the wrong address and forged the signature or just taken it for themselves or something.

Merry Christmas! :thumbsup:

There's basically no way those signatures stand up in a small claims court, especially if they're done on this lovely touchpads that are always scratched to all hell and barely have room for a tiny signature. If you don't get your packages/money, bitch up a storm.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Slime posted:

There's basically no way those signatures stand up in a small claims court, especially if they're done on this lovely touchpads that are always scratched to all hell and barely have room for a tiny signature. If you don't get your packages/money, bitch up a storm.

Chances are I'll get something from the company I ordered from, but it feels lovely because it's not their fault. Courier service is overloaded with Christmas orders on a tight schedule so they cut every corner imaginable. I was probably the last delivery of the entire day or something and they wanted to go home. I had a delivery from the same courier service the next day that was delivered and signed for "by me" on the website before the driver even stepped out the van to ring my doorbell.

So far both customer support services have neglected to reply but I haven't chased it up on the phone because I'm away from my house now and I'll just sort it out after Christmas when people actually go back to work. For all I know the driver did a drive by to throw my parcel in the bin I put out for recycling and just drove off. Wouldn't surprise me. All the driver has to say is they don't remember that particular delivery. And the lovely touchpad is probably just an unreadable squiggle. I don't doubt they will fob off all responsibility and then the company will have to send me another because it is technically their responsibility that the parcel is delivered through their 3rd party service even if they have no control over their unscrupulous business practices.

I'm reasonably optimistic about it, was feeling pretty mad at the time about being cooped up all day due to not knowing when my delivery would arrive to have that poo poo served up to me at the end of it and probably got unrealistically negative about it.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Today's shift at work was boring as all loving christ since it's dead there in the run up to Christmas, but I got to do some reading whilst I kept an eye on the kitchen, so that was alright.

But I have the day off tomorrow, and wanted to go out drinking with my friends. As it turns out most of my friends were gone because they'd gone home for christmas, the ones that are coming back to here weren't back yet, and I can't go out drinking tomorrow instead because I am giving blood on Saturday. I just wanted to get wrecked before Christmas.

Also a friend who I am slightly in love with is having relationship troubles and whilst she's absolutely in need of dumping his sorry rear end like two months ago there's part of me that worries it's just because of my feelings for her.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My favorite radio show (and likely my favorite media program in general), Boers and Bernstein, officially ended today with Terry Boers's upcoming retirement.

Dan Bernstein will be continuing in the time slot with someone else, but seeing the two together today (their final show happened to be a remote day), closing out the show's iconic segment, really made it hit home that the show was actually ended. I got misty over it, a damned radio show, that I've listened to nearly every day for some percentage of a decade.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

quote:

Also a friend who I am slightly in love with is having relationship troubles and

quote:

whilst

quote:

she's absolutely in need of dumping his sorry rear end like two months ago there's part of me that worries it's just because of my feelings for her.

Hey gonna save you some heartache and let you know right now it is guaranteed she is not interested in you at all.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I forgot to take my medication last night so I feel like poo poo

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

ryonguy posted:

Hey gonna save you some heartache and let you know right now it is guaranteed she is not interested in you at all.

And? Doesn't make my day any less lovely.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
A patient I liked finally died. She was super terminal, but was really cool all the way till the end.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I am eating frozen white castle burgers for Christmas breakfast. There's no decorations, I didn't get any gifts, and I wasn't invited to the family Christmas lunch. After I spent all season being merry and bright, and this is the thanks I get. gently caress you Kringle, I'm even out of goddamn weed AND booze.

Also I have to figure out if I can get the guy I'm in love with to take me seriously and this is all just uhhhhhhhhg.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I have a sore throat and I'm alone on Christmas.

Actually, being alone on Christmas is a nice break.

But my throat is sore from a bad forest fire near my city, and its been irritated for several days, and I generally feel dirty and gross.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I got a gift card for something I wanted but the price went up in the meantime so now I have to pay some out of pocket :(

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Man I came in to post something simple and caught up on this thread. Good luck goons and I hope things get better it makes my content seem so tame in comparison.

Today is my first day off since two Mondays ago. In that time I worked almost 150 hours.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1) Stubbed the gently caress out of my little toe this morning on the tv stand.

2) Weedman raised his price for quarters five bucks.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Got a letter from USAA stating that the debit card transaction dispute I made three months ago was ruled in the merchant's favor because I couldn't provide a mechanic's letter stating the part I bought (exhaust part) was incorrectly manufactured, so they're going to take that $435 out of my account on the 30th. Which is payday, and also rent-due-day.

I couldn't provide a mechanic's letter, only about a hundred photos with measurements of the stock parts and the reproduction part I purchased, because it's a goddamned exhaust for a 45 year old VW, and being incorrectly made by such a gross amount (4 inches) should be obvious to any chucklefuck and no mechanic will touch a car of this age in Phoenix without charging well above and beyond the $400 the exhaust cost originally!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Vacation update: my wife and my mom both blew up on me tonight because my wife wanted everyone to get in our shuttle van to go back to the hotel on schedule after a night of bar-hopping, while my mother wanted a couple minutes for people to run and get beer for watching football tomorrow morning. Then my mother had the nerve to tell me to grow a pair before telling me how I should treat my wife, while my wife wants to bail on the remainder of the trip because her grandpa was suddenly hospitalized and she's upset about not being there.

Both of them told me at the end of the night (separately) how sorry they were that I couldn't enjoy my vacation. Motherfuckers you are why I can't enjoy it!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Vacation update: my wife and my mom both blew up on me tonight because my wife wanted everyone to get in our shuttle van to go back to the hotel on schedule after a night of bar-hopping, while my mother wanted a couple minutes for people to run and get beer for watching football tomorrow morning. Then my mother had the nerve to tell me to grow a pair before telling me how I should treat my wife, while my wife wants to bail on the remainder of the trip because her grandpa was suddenly hospitalized and she's upset about not being there.

Both of them told me at the end of the night (separately) how sorry they were that I couldn't enjoy my vacation. Motherfuckers you are why I can't enjoy it!

your wife actually has a legit reason to bail and she should probably go visit her grandpa

also grow a pair and tell your mom to shove it

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
My girlfriend's mom talked her out of spending new years eve with me on the basis that she'd be "bothering" me if she did.

I feel so sad and lonely.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My husband is flying back home across the country tonight after we'd been inseparable all week on vacation together, because I'm going to Belize for 2 months alone to work. I'm crazy about him and I'm going to miss him so much. I'm mad at myself for crying so hard in the airport when it was my choice to go off alone. This is the second time I've gone away for 2 months, and it's always hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
So after having my schedule changed from 8am-4pm to 4am-4pm and finding this out the day before it happens two weekends in a row (both Christmas day and New Year's day lol) I put in my two weeks notice today, which prompted my boss to schedule me for two 4am-4am's next week when we usually spread them out between me and the other person.

Gonna be hilarious when I turn in my uniforms on Friday instead unless something happens to change my mind.