Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My day is lovely because i have to go back to work tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I spent 5 hours in a Dr's office to learn I have bruised ribs

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I finally have my "video game" chair back, an IKEA POANG but they changed the design of the screws because they've been cheaping out over the years so the instructions online don't work for my *good* (old) chair, also I have bags of IKEA screws but I have no idea what is the POANG stuff because it's so different from the current instructions for their new lovely design, and I somehow didn't save the installation instructions.

I loving hate IKEA right now because they used to be super high quality (I still have my bedframe from loving 1999, same for my matress) and my MALM bed actually has metal parts instead of the new MALMs which are all plastic.

Like, how much does putting a metal screw into a piece of furniture instead of a plastic one even cost? 20 cents?

Problem: IKEA is getting lovely and that sucks, also my poor POANG is just sitting on the floor in pieces looking sad. :smith:

Oh and also they don't really sell cool european style furniture anymore, it pretty much only plantation style American furniture stuff for the most part, and the couches and everything else are enormous.I guess that Americans want gigantic furniture? I got 2 bar stools in 2008 and they're normal size and my mom just got the same ones but they're twice the size despite having the same name. :psyduck:

Alex433999
Aug 16, 2014
Im on a field op in Bridgeport California and we havent even gone to the field yet and two people already got hypothermia.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

today is my birthday, and it continues my streak. Of my birthday being utter poo poo. In the past this includes

My great aunt, who was the grandmother I never had, dying, and me spending my birthday night alone in a dark cheap motel room in montreal while freezing rain was going on. My birthday dinner for that night was at the motel restaurant which was a step down from McDonald's. I got food poisonning.
The time my roomate was in a psychotic breakdown and I was again alone in the dark, worrying about my safety
The year I was in treatment for cancer, and as a side effect my actually nice dinner came back up ten minutes later

This year, I found out my finance professor is batshit crazy, have pnuemonia, and my Dad got laid off.

So, yeah, gently caress my birthday.

EDIT: Oh yes, and last year I killed David Bowie apparently.

bunnyofdoom has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Jan 10, 2017

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Thin Privilege posted:

...I still have my bedframe from loving 1999, same for my mattress...

:gonk: If your mattress was a person it would be old enough to vote. Please get a new mattress.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

cyberia posted:

:gonk: If your mattress was a person it would be old enough to vote. Please get a new mattress.

.... it's still good.

Also: poor.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Complaining and whining: I don't want to do anything today but I have so many things I need to do. Ugh.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My Blu Ray drive on my computer is isn't playing a brand new BR. So far:

- It just freezes up during the piracy warning on my main player.

- It immediately goes to the special features on my secondary player (that I have to have because the first one sometimes shits the bed), which reports that the disc doesn't have a menu (which I know is a lie)

- If I manually load one of the chapters in that second player (they are all movie-sized), I've run into one that stops after a while with a you-burned-this warning, one that skips a chunk of the film.

I've restarted the computer, so maybe that'll fix it (it has before), but man, I just wanted to watch a drat movie.

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

My kitchen is flooding even though we very expressly had work done so this wouldn't happen when there's heavy rain. I can't wait to get up at 3 in the morning to mop everything up again.

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

It's chameleons all the way down.
One of my housemates switched out the normal unscented hand soap in our bathroom for this godawful Bath & Body Works abomination while I was away. I thought her obsession with pumpkin spice scented candles was bad enough, but the entire floor reeks. The smell has a physical presence. I already hate cloying/artificial scents, and I was finally getting my lungs back after a long recovery from severe bronchitis. Housemate knows this. Housemate doesn't seem to care.

I know now the stench of pure hatred. Hell, thy name is "Noel Vanilla Bean".

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009
First girl I've met in a year and a half isn't intrested in dating.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Friend of ten years and I had a bitter fight. Around Halloween she stopped contacting me, so every once in a while I'd text or msg her and the conversations were always short. I always had to start the contact, she never did. So I finally asked her what the gently caress her problem was, and it devolved into a fight where she expected me to contact her more often if I was that worried about her and never saw anything odd about the fact I always had to start the conversations. It went on for most of the night. It might be better now.

TMDTN
Oct 10, 2005
This Mixed Drink Tastes Nasty...
I've been homeless for months because of my brother making me lose the place my mom bought me and my girlfriend after my dad died. While my brothers and sister and thirteen neices/nephews get tons of help from my mom that was the last thing she did for me. Even my brother that sold my dad's urn with his ashes for drugs, and while my dad was dying painfully of cancer he would steal his pain meds and his wife, who were both living rent free with my parents at the time, would steal his sleeping meds. Making his already painful dying experience even worse.

But she still supports him constantly, and while I'm not the best son I've never done anything close to that horrible. I've been ostracized by almost all of my family and spent everyday and holiday on my own since before Halloween.

I have been saving what little money I can earn on the street and it took me months but I finally got a tent and air mattress. And tonight I wake up at 3 am to a completely flat mattress. Apparently there's a hole in it. I've had it less than a month. And where I've been camping at, in the last week seven new homeless people moved into the same woods as me, oh and a dog, so now I have to find a new place to go.

On the upside, the first day I was homeless I went to a rehab/detox place and have been almost completely free of drugs. Especially since I can't really afford them anymore. I smoke the occasional bowl of weed with other homeless when they offer, but that's about it. So at least there's that. I guess. My drug use isn't why my family won't speak to me, they're all addicts to at least one degree or another.

My girlfriend lost her job when they systematically fired all the employees that had been working there a long period, to hire new people to save money. And even though her record is clean and she was a manager for the better part of a decade, neither of us can get any job besides once off things. So I'm going to be homeless until my girl's parents die and she gets the house.

Also yes I've looked into homeless shelters and they cost more than I can afford a day.

Thanks for letting me vent. There's almost no one in real life I can complain to that doesn't jump down my throat because they're tired of hearing about it. But it's really loving hard to live like this. It's mentally taxing and they'll just say stupid unhelpful poo poo I've already tried or is impossible. No car so I can't do day labor because it's always full before the bus gets there, I've applied everywhere I can multiple times, I can't stay with family or friends, I'm tired of being given advice from people whose hardest struggles in life are, "my toilet sometimes overflows in the house/apartment my parents pay for me to live in"

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

As someone who was homeless for a while: hang in there. Also, if you can, see if there's a plasma donation place nearby: they'll give you a bit of money for the shelter or food.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
1 i poo poo the bed
2 when I was wiping I got inexplicably covered in poo poo
3 woke up early to see him get shot and he didn't get shot
4 can't get back to sleep

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I am stuck in a car with a STEM major who talks constantly and is also hard of hearing. There's this nonstop stream-of-consciousness pseudointellectual yammering at high volume. This is what hell must be like.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I am hour 11 into my weekly 11-12 hour work shift. I did not get a good sleep, as my new kitty decided to get in bed with me and wake me up every 3-4 hours or so. I just want to go home, and if these assholes I serve don't get out of here asap, I'm going to lose another 30 minutes waiting for a bus (either out in the cold, or in this building that I hate staying in). And worst of all, you assholes don't post nearly enough on here to keep me entertained.

That, and TMDTM posting about actual poo poo that matters more than my fleeting poo poo.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I slept through my alarm and was late to work and it's raining like crazy and I hate having to be anywhere but home in this kind of weather. Hate driving in it, hate being at work, just wanna be at home in bed or maybe gaming on my computer.

Edit: Oh yeah, also I'm pretty much broke until the 8th even though payday is tomorrow, because processing my federal student loans' income-based repayment application takes 15-20 days so I'm still having to pay that $400 this month...which is basically an entire check. And the rain just stayed coming down harder while I'm stuck out under the patio for the supervised tobacco break for my work's residents.

taiyoko has a new favorite as of 01:08 on Jan 23, 2017

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I went to Burger King and thought I ordered a veggie burger. Turns out no meat literally meant no patty at all. :saddowns:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Woke up, felt super refreshed for some reason...and an hour into work I got super nauseous, threw up in the work bathroom, and now I'm tired at home.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I just found out I have to take two more courses before I can graduate. I'm loving burnt out and done. :suicide:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I just moved into an apartment at the beginning of the month and today I get fired. For having a "poor attitude" with my boss who didn't seem to understand that my attitude was poor because after a year and a half I still didn't get a schedule. He would text me every night between 9 and 10 telling me whether I worked or not meaning I could never plan to have a life because work was always there looming.

The kicker? I wasn't employed as a locksmith or a tow truck driver or anything that actually benefits from being on call 24/7. I made popcorn.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

My day yesterday sucked, I didn't accomplish anything, dislocated my shoulder really painfully, and burned out my favorite guitar amp.

....But then at around midnight I got pissed and started messing with the amp and realized it was actually fine, what had failed was just a cable. And I don't even need to replace it, it's a cable where you can pop the plugs right off and resolder the connections, it'll be like a five minute fix. And when I woke up this morning, my shoulder felt a lot less like agonizing death, so things are looking up.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i've laid giant bum eggs 10+ times in the last 24 hours for no reason and my hole is suffering

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i've laid giant bum eggs 10+ times in the last 24 hours for no reason and my hole is suffering

is that how the homeless reproduce? they lay eggs in you?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I was driving to work on a 35 mph road. There is a black SUV in front of me. We are both driving exactly 35. The driver hits his breaks and slows down to 20. I of course close the distance and got up to about 10 feet behind him.

He then pulls into a turn lane and I pass him. He then pulls out behind me. Turns out it was a cop in an unmarked vehicle. He takes my info and then hands me a ticket for following too close.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I have no idea what I did to it, but my shoulder is absolutely killing me. Didn't get to sleep until 7:30-8 AM this morning because of it, now it's back with a vengeance. And of course, it's my writing side when I have a fuckload of envelopes I need to address to send out.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Yesterday I found out I have PTSD regarding my first post in this thread, and may have to take a month or more off work. Now I am caught in a web of doctor's appointments and workers compensation board stuff.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

This is the fourth missed deadline for the washer we bought. It's been two weeks and they just keep pushing it back. Usually they call us in the morning and go "Hey so they didn't send it to us again. Sorry about that." But today when there was 30 minutes left in their window I called them and they went "oh that sucks they didn't call you. Yeah you aren't getting it again."

No wonder HHGregg isn't doing great. Fuckers.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

treiz01 posted:

Yesterday I found out I have PTSD regarding my first post in this thread, and may have to take a month or more off work. Now I am caught in a web of doctor's appointments and workers compensation board stuff.

If I show my boss your posts do I get a few days off from work?

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

ArtIsResistance posted:

If I show my boss your posts do I get a few days off from work?

I dunno are you able to enter your workplace and not clench your jaw so tightly that you strain the muscles?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I think I have the flu. I don't remember it hurting this much the other times I've gotten it.

My own fault for being too lazy to get vaccinated, I guess. Although getting vaccinated has never really prevented me from getting it in the past.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A few months ago, my blood sugar was acting up way more than usual and I'd been hypo (low) on and off all day. Finally I realised that it would be dangerous to go to sleep still hypo and I'd burned through most of my sugary/carby supplies so I headed to the nearby gas station to pick up a survival pack. Of course, me being hypo at the time, I was weak and unbalanced and collapsed on the floor. Funny thing is, I remember thinking to myself that the worst part was how loving filthy the floor was, and that the fat guy at the counter clearly spent all day on his phone instead of cleaning. After a quick nap to recharge my batteries, I woke up to find the goony attendant and some paramedics screaming at me that I was a junkie so I ran away.

Anyway apparently my hosed up dick + gnarly balls flopped out of my trousers at some point during the proceedings and traumatised the attendant really bad, so now I feel like poo poo.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My neck hurts. Base of the skull, where head becomes neck, left side.

As with all stupid pains I get, I'm 90% sure it's made worse by all the "man, what is up with my neck?" movements I've been doing.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Just took 20mg of Ducolax for colonoscopy prep, so my life is probably about to literally be the thread title :v:

Still funny prereg with the hospital over the phone today since the nurse almost immediately asked me if I need any accommodation and I told her I was in my mid 30's so she could skip the next few questions.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Status update: drat that is a lot of poo poo (if you count sheer volume).

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm sick again

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I handled a bunch of bananas and one of them had an egg sac on it. Queue hundreds of tiny spiders crawling all over the bananas as I went to put them in the customer's bag. They're in the trash in their own plastic bag now.

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

MisterBibs posted:

My neck hurts. Base of the skull, where head becomes neck, left side.

As with all stupid pains I get, I'm 90% sure it's made worse by all the "man, what is up with my neck?" movements I've been doing.

This exact thing except with my shoulder/blade.

:smith::hf::smith: