Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Violet_Sky posted:

I went to Burger King and thought I ordered a veggie burger. Turns out no meat literally meant no patty at all. :saddowns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQo_sLf9s-8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Off topic, but why do you have that custom title? And if the LP was good please link it!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

treiz01 posted:

Off topic, but why do you have that custom title? And if the LP was good please link it!

It wasn't an LP, I mentioned it in the PYF Little Things in Games thread. I have done a few LPs though of Haunted Mansion, which is on the archive here - http://lparchive.org/Haunted-Mansion/ and a Dog's Life LP that hasn't been archived yet but it's pending.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Today my girlfriend, the mother of my 3 year old son, told me she's been loving a coworker for the last two months and she wants to break up.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Biplane posted:

Today my girlfriend, the mother of my 3 year old son, told me she's been loving a coworker for the last two months and she wants to break up.
Ah, the "cuck" meme.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Man if only it was some elaborate internet joke.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I went to drop one roommate off for surgery, and when I came back another roommate had half my stuff in the living room blocking the door. He was halfway through trying to steal my room. I amazed myself by not kicking his rear end. I did get my room back but gently caress that guy he doesn't even pay rent.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Biplane posted:

Man if only it was some elaborate internet joke.

I spent ages trying to think of either a funny joke or an appropriate level of sympathy and came up short on both. lovely business mate, genuinely hope you're alright.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Scathach posted:

another roommate had half my stuff in the living room blocking the door (...) he was halfway through trying to steal my room (...) gently caress that guy he doesn't even pay rent.

What on EARTH

Do you live on some sort of dystopian outer space planet-mining ship

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Scathach posted:

I went to drop one roommate off for surgery, and when I came back another roommate had half my stuff in the living room blocking the door. He was halfway through trying to steal my room. I amazed myself by not kicking his rear end. I did get my room back but gently caress that guy he doesn't even pay rent.

So like, what WAS his thought process here? That you just wouldn't notice or mind?

So I've been off work since Monday and jesus am I bored as gently caress. I already hurt my back sitting in my computer chair for too long. I have read a book, watched a season of Angel on Netflix, and yesterday my girlfriend taught me how to crochet. Today my grandmother is in the hospital again and she has completely borked her spine from the last few falls she has had. My mother is worried that she won't make it back out of the hospital, she was already so frail and the more time she spends in bed the weaker she will be. Also she has some kind of infection so we had to put on masks, gowns and gloves before we could even go in the room.

Sweet Calamity
Feb 15, 2008
Take nothing from nothing and you'll have nothing left.
I found out yesterday that my boyfriend was assaulted and has a broken back and I haven't been able to see him yet because of my school/work schedule. And my creepy as gently caress manager thought it was somehow appropriate to hit on me after hearing about it. Fun day.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Scathach posted:

Come on you have to have give a full write up on this.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Pharnakes posted:

Come on you have to have give a full write up on this.

I will once the weekend is over and poo poo has been dealt with.

I'm pretty sure he thought he could barricade the front door with the mattresses. Lots of drugs in his thought process.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I had to reschedule a little mini Valentine's day vacation with my wife for like a month from now because I am currently sick as hell and our weekends are really full.

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012
It was my dad's last day at the job we both have and our garbage supervisor (who, thankfully, is also leaving) refused to put us on the same crew.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

The large pipe just disconnected from my kitchen sink, so water just freefell all over the kitchen floor. I've contacted my landlord, so hopefully he'll be in touch in thje next few days to get this fixed, but tomorrow's plan is to go to the hardware store for a mop to get rid of the large amount of spilled water as I neglected to make sure I had one until now. Then, anything kitchen sink related can be done in the bathroom sink even though that'll be a pain.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It took me an hour to start up my dad's snowblower while he was away on vacation, and then I learned tonight that we're getting 1-2 feet of possibly wet snow in blizzard conditions tomorrow night in Maine. Mother nature doesn't want to let me sleep! :livintrope:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I went to bed early last night because I knew that I would have a bitch commute into work today due to us getting approx. 30cm of snow. My mother randomly calls me and 11 and wakes me up because she was bored. AFter that, I managed to drift off....for 20 minutes and then my building fire alarm goes off, which causes me to bolt out of bed, shove my rabbit in a carrier and stand outside in the freezing cold snow while our local firefighters go through the entire building. Don't get back into my unit til 2am, running on too much adrenaline to sleep. Finally drifted off at 4, only to get up at 7:30 for work. I ended up being 20 minutes late still, and my boss gave me poo poo over it./

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I just got word that despite the schools I work at being happy and eager to have me on for another year, The Board of Education has decided not to renew my contract. This is a blow to both my ego and my sense of self worth.

I have a meeting at the Elementary School on Monday to further clarify. So that should be fun.

This is combined with the fact that I have been battling the combined forces of loneliness, depression, and ennui over the past few weeks.

So, now my plan is to head home to Australia for my brothers wedding, (tickets already bought and time off already granted), from April 5-12, come back to Korea to teach for 2 weeks and then head home again on the 27th when my contract finishes. To live with my parents, as an unemployed 39 year old, and go through the exhausting process of getting my papers in order and applying for work.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
e: cat found and i shouldn't whine about her

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 10:08 on Feb 21, 2017

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

InediblePenguin posted:

a tree fell through the roof of my bedroom at 4 am. We went to the inlaws' place and my lovely racist mother in law who already didn't like me the first time we met loving let my cat out of his carrier in an unsupervised shed and now he's gone and I can't find him and I don't know what to do

:murder:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

CAT IS FOUND

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I ate too fast so I could finally lay down and sleep but now I think I might p puke and I'm still exhausted.

Also it's literally 80 degrees in my room right now and I started crying for no reason while talking to my family and now they are Concerned.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Flood warnings and jury duty summons.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Some rear end in a top hat who got me a job at a frozen yogurt store that I was laid off from years ago after half a year of work sent me a message today asking if i wanted to go back part time. I have a real and secure career style job now.

I'm cheesed off that anybody would think I'd go back to that level of work and pay. I'm mad that l compulsively lied about every aspect of my current job to make the career reversal seem unlikely. I'm pissed i won't get the outrageous pay($24/hr and PTO) and bonuses/perks that I am already asking for should they want to interview($100 up front) and/or rehire($500 bonus) me.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I hosed my back again and I'm only pain-free while sitting or lying down, which leads me to believe I can get up and do stuff, but when I do HERE COMES THE PAIN AGAIN. And I'm trying to stay off drugs but I do pop ibuprofen a few times a day. I have a cortisone shot scheduled for two weeks but I can't keep treating this with meds, I need a real solution and not just a band-aid.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

heavy with child, I snuck out to the stables to see my beloved, Jareth, the one good soul in my wretched existence, but upon reaching them a frightful sight awaited me: Jareth hanging from the rafters and the terrible King, my husband, laughing madly as the guards seized me and dragged me to the Tower of Solitude

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

heavy with child, I snuck out to the stables to see my beloved, Jareth, the one good soul in my wretched existence, but upon reaching them a frightful sight awaited me: Jareth hanging from the rafters and the terrible King, my husband, laughing madly as the guards seized me and dragged me to the Tower of Solitude

goondolences

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

had to go to the ER at 6 am yesterday because i couldn't breathe; turns out it's pneumonia and also i'm apparetly a completely nonfunctional loving idiot who can't read and breathe at the same time because i had to sit there on a nebulizer for a full hour and i got incredibly bored but if i tried to read on my phone it would make my oxygen saturation drop and "i'm a ludicrous loving loser who can't breathe and read at the same time" is really the only explanation for that which i can come up with. if i'm this bad at basic body functions i probably should've stayed home and let natural selection do its work tbqh

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I'm proofreading a Bachelor's thesis for a friend of a friend right now: the subject is something I'm mostly unfamiliar with (colour correction in DaVinci Resolve and Baselight, and I'm a historian with only a passing familiarity with Resolve), the English it's written in is a broken mess (like yeah, the author grew up in rural Lower Austria, but otoh she spent like a year in California) and the thesis is altogether pretty bad. Proofreading stuff like this is no fun. At least I get some money out of that.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I've been having fun, putting on Trash Tv in the background while I work on stuff and saw a link to Jenny Jones, "KIDS INFLUENCED BY MARYLIN MANSON!!!" (I remember the days when he was so scary). So I thought, cool, I'm out of American trash tv episodes to watch and Jeremy Kyle gets boring so let's watch some 90s trash tv. That Marylin Manson episode was :lol: and the following one, "kids change from prep to goth" were fine because she was really nice to them and put them in a good light. Then came the next episode. A clearly anorexic and/or bulemic 15 year old wearing something disgustingly skimpy in heavy makeup. I don't care if this show is fake or not, this girl CLEARLY has an eating disorder (I am former anorexic so I know what it looks like) but instead of getting her help (Wilkos would drag that girl to a rehab), they just let her mom shake her rear end and tell the girl what to say. "I'm gonna be a stripper and get a boob job" while she looks scared.

As I said in the other thread, blow up the 90s with a bomb.

Fake edit, As far as I know Maury was never this bad, it's been the same DNA garbage and making goth teens look like Nick Carter or Justin Timberlake or whatever.

Real edit: now there's a 50 year old guy who the girl CLEARLY knows the 15yo intimately (not necessarily sex, but also not just "hey what's up kid down the block just passin by" or whatever casual conversation ) in real life it's Him being like--what he's literally saying, what her mom is insinuating, is, "yeah I'm gonna be this (15yo) girls boyfriend, especially in a sexual manner." Ughhhhjjjjjj

They had no problem with this? They just let them go home?

Yeah a lot of stuff of this is fake or exaggerated or scripted but there are a certain things you can't fake--facial expressions, body language, words used, etc. ugh.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 21:56 on Mar 8, 2017

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Thin Privilege posted:

I've been having fun, putting on Trash Tv in the background while I work on stuff and saw a link to Jenny Jones, "KIDS INFLUENCED BY MARYLIN MANSON!!!" (I remember the days when he was so scary). So I thought, cool, I'm out of American trash tv episodes to watch and Jeremy Kyle gets boring so let's watch some 90s trash tv. That Marylin Manson episode was :lol: and the following one, "kids change from prep to goth" were fine because she was really nice to them and put them in a good light. Then came the next episode. A clearly anorexic and/or bulemic 15 year old wearing something disgustingly skimpy in heavy makeup. I don't care if this show is fake or not, this girl CLEARLY has an eating disorder (I am former anorexic so I know what it looks like) but instead of getting her help (Wilkos would drag that girl to a rehab), they just let her mom shake her rear end and tell the girl what to say. "I'm gonna be a stripper and get a boob job" while she looks scared.

As I said in the other thread, blow up the 90s with a bomb.

Fake edit, As far as I know Maury was never this bad, it's been the same DNA garbage and making goth teens look like Nick Carter or Justin Timberlake or whatever.

cash me ousside how bout dat

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I should take this to d&d sorry. It just ruined my day completely. Is there a nuke bomb smilie?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
- I have a mild hangover. Not debilitating, just a tender stomach that won't stop reminding me that it's tender.

- I went to the store to pick up a windbreaker/spring coat, but couldn't find anything that I felt would be Just Right in terms of not either doing gently caress-all or being too warm.

- There's a bunch of stuff on clearance (70-90% off), but the vast majority of it was either stuff I wouldn't wear, too small (S), or too big (XL+).

- I'm tired, mostly because of the first one.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The kids across the street have a mother who is somehow stereotypically overbearing and protective and yet doesn't seem to give a poo poo that her kids' response to a car driving down the street is "continue riding bikes/scooters in circles on the street" and not "get the gently caress out of the way until the car is past"

It happens pretty often but today was extra annoying - I literally came to a complete stop as they biked down the dead center of the road, and one of the kids actually swerved into my car and almost fell into it. They're too young for me to think it's malicious, but god loving forbid I honk or say something to them, I can only imagine the righteous shitstorm of bile that would spew out of that lady's mouth if I dared tell their kids to be careful around cars on the road or something.

I swear I'm not a 70-year-old man.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

- I have a mild hangover. Not debilitating, just a tender stomach that won't stop reminding me that it's tender.

Eat something mild like a hot dog to settle your stomach.

Kelp Me! posted:

The kids across the street have a mother who is somehow stereotypically overbearing and protective and yet doesn't seem to give a poo poo that her kids' response to a car driving down the street is "continue riding bikes/scooters in circles on the street" and not "get the gently caress out of the way until the car is past"

It happens pretty often but today was extra annoying - I literally came to a complete stop as they biked down the dead center of the road, and one of the kids actually swerved into my car and almost fell into it. They're too young for me to think it's malicious, but god loving forbid I honk or say something to them, I can only imagine the righteous shitstorm of bile that would spew out of that lady's mouth if I dared tell their kids to be careful around cars on the road or something.

I swear I'm not a 70-year-old man.

Honk at the turds in the street you silly beta bitch. That is what the big button in the center of your steering wheel is for. How in gently caress's name can someone be so afraid of confrontation that they don't dare honk their horn at kids playing in the street?! :psyduck:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My lungs hurt so much from coughing nonstop for 3 days. I've come so close to throwing up from the force of coughing too. I also need to eat but I have zero appetite and feel nauseous. I wish I could be put in a coma.

Edit: scratch that; I did throw up.

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Mar 9, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

food court bailiff posted:

Eat something mild like a hot dog to settle your stomach.

Honk at the turds in the street you silly beta bitch. That is what the big button in the center of your steering wheel is for. How in gently caress's name can someone be so afraid of confrontation that they don't dare honk their horn at kids playing in the street?! :psyduck:

I am super beta but also I really don't feel like being that rear end in a top hat in the neighborhood who honks at children playing in the street

I thought this was a complaining and whining safe space :cry:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

I am super beta but also I really don't feel like being that rear end in a top hat in the neighborhood who honks at children playing in the street

I thought this was a complaining and whining safe space :cry:

The rear end in a top hat is the parent who never taught their kids about safety around cars.

I'm being harsh but seriously, don't be ashamed of using your horn. You don't have to lay into it or anything, just beep at them and (hopefully) they'll get the point. Even on a dead-end street kids need to understand that it's not a playground - all it takes is one lost idiot driving too fast and little Jimmy is a pancake.

E: And I know I sound like an old dude, and I am, but I'm an old dude who had a friend in elementary school get his leg busted up because he was playing in the street like a goddamn idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

My lungs hurt so much from coughing nonstop for 3 days. I've come so close to throwing up from the force of coughing too. I also need to eat but I have zero appetite and feel nauseous. I wish I could be put in a coma.

Edit: scratch that; I did throw up.