Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Nooooooo :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Please see a doctor, that sounds serious :ohdear:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

food court bailiff posted:

Eat something mild like a hot dog to settle your stomach.
Vegemite on toast is the best thing for a hangover.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

None of the 4 alarms I set woke me up. Was an hour late to work. Also my parents are getting divorced and my Dad is currently sleeping on my couch.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

food court bailiff posted:

Please see a doctor, that sounds serious :ohdear:

Oh it gets better, I've bruised my ribs, maybe even cracked one!

I'm abroad right now and return home in a week. If I see no improvement by then, I'll get checked out. I have insurance, but I'm technically on an international school trip, so any insurance claims I make will also go through the university, which will mean my illness will be an official "incident" and I'll have mountains of forms to fill and weeks of annoyance. No thank you. Not for a cough. Maybe if I lost a limb or something.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I just found out that the grocery store less than five minutes away from my apartment is closing. It's not lovely in terms of "gently caress, now I'm in a food desert" or anything, and they went from 24/7 to 12hours lately that made it a bit shittier, but man.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
They sell hotdogs at gas stations now.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

I'm refinishing a stained violet guitar with something called Tru Oil (its basically boiled linseed oil and some other stuff, and its quite sticky until it dries), and a gust of wind blew a bunch of leaves and grit into it, and now it looks like some kind of bizarre vegetarian salad doughnut.

So not only has it wasted an entire day of oiling (it was the third coat, and it takes about 4 hours to dry), but I will have to sand it back and re-stain any light patches from sanding, then re-coat it in oil.

All this with colder weather moving in, making it a lot more difficult to do, since it sets slower in colder weather.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just say it's now an organic guitar. :D

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Kelp Me! posted:

The kids across the street have a mother who is somehow stereotypically overbearing and protective and yet doesn't seem to give a poo poo that her kids' response to a car driving down the street is "continue riding bikes/scooters in circles on the street" and not "get the gently caress out of the way until the car is past"

It happens pretty often but today was extra annoying - I literally came to a complete stop as they biked down the dead center of the road, and one of the kids actually swerved into my car and almost fell into it. They're too young for me to think it's malicious, but god loving forbid I honk or say something to them, I can only imagine the righteous shitstorm of bile that would spew out of that lady's mouth if I dared tell their kids to be careful around cars on the road or something.

I swear I'm not a 70-year-old man.

There's a bunch of lovely kids that live on my street who do the same thing. They play chicken with cars and do dumb poo poo like throw balls across the street in front of cars. I yelled at them the first time they did it to me and they've never done it again and now avoid me instead of trying to talk to me. Sometimes you just have to be a grouchy old man to get your message across.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Today was lovely because I found out the girl I had been dating, and then let me go because of various circumstances on her end beyond her control, has started dating her roommate less than a week after our breakup. Frustrating.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Day 2 of living on my own since my fiance left me for another man and I am a loving wreck, been sitting in my underwear eating chinese food and getting drunk all day, I honestly feel physically ill like I have a fever. Kept it together through the moving process on account of not ruining things for my son but now I am hosed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My butter chicken poutine didn't have cheese, and the butter chicken sauce wasn't creamy or tomatoey. Very disappointed.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
My cat and buddy of sixteen years finally had to be put to sleep this morning. Enough said. :(

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

My cat and buddy of sixteen years finally had to be put to sleep this morning. Enough said. :(

Jesus, I'm sorry buddy. I lost my girl of 18 years in December and it stings every day

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Yesterday, I found out that my dad has cancer. Very low level, so right now it's a wait-and-see thing, but it's still loving cancer.

Today, I lost my phone. Pretty sure it's stolen because a) ADM can't find it and b) I tried calling it and it went straight to voicemail. I'm trying to be hopeful that since I lost it near a theater it was found by someone watching a movie (which would explain the silence), but gently caress, what are the odds of that. The worst thing is, I was literally using it a minute or two before I lost it. How the gently caress did I lose something so quickly?

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 01:02 on Mar 25, 2017

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MisterBibs posted:

Yesterday, I found out that my dad has cancer. Very low level, so right now it's a wait-and-see thing, but it's still loving cancer.

Today, I lost my phone. Pretty sure it's stolen because a) ADM can't find it and b) I tried calling it and it went straight to voicemail. I'm trying to be hopeful that since I lost it near a theater it was found by someone watching a movie (which would explain the silence), but gently caress, what are the odds of that. The worst thing is, I was literally using it a minute or two before I lost it. How the gently caress did I lose something so quickly?

Sorry about your phone MB :(

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Grandpa turned 90 today.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

Grandpa turned 90 today.

Why is that lovely? Is he an rear end in a top hat, or did you bet money he'd be dead already?

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

In the middle of her story about some little kids acting like brats in her store, my sister said "And of course, they're black. White parents at least are paying attention to their children." My mom chimed in with "I've noticed that with Hispanics a lot." And then my sister acted pissy when I didn't react the way she wanted. Sorry that I don't agree with your stereotype that black people aren't good parents?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Our new neighbors had their big black lab out in their front yard without a leash and it ran into our yard when I was taking our tiny 5lb puppy out to potty and got aggressive before I was able to pick my dog up and it's owners dragged it back to their yard. My puppy is fine, just a little frightened, but I can already foresee that this is going to be a problem.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My stalker's back and I wanna complain about it.

Okay, I know it sounds serious, but it's actually not. I am in the world's slowest, dullest thriller and she's the world's least threatening stalker.

I met her a billion years ago in a game. She left enough of an impression that I remembered her name and no other context for her existence. I meet her again in City of Heroes and she acts like we were totally friends, and I kinda went with it because it was awkward to say I only remembered her name.

She was generally miserable to play with in that game. If she didn't come up with the plan for what we were doing, she'd do her own thing anyway. She played a really fragile character that has an ability where they can explode. It is situational. So of course she decides to hit the group ahead first with it, the group that is near enough to other groups to annoy it, instead of someone pulling. So she pisses off a giant room full of difficult enemies, dies immediately, and gets mad at me for not protecting her. I wasn't a tank. We didn't have one. Nobody could have gotten that many enemies to stop hitting her. I was an off-tank who could only draw aggro from one thing at a time.

So eventually people just started suddenly getting busy when she showed interest in anything anyone was doing because gently caress that. But she kept talking to me. Have you ever unexpectedly met someone that you barely know the name of in a store and they pull you into a conversation and you just have loving nothing to say? It was always like that, but she didn't have anything to say either. Small talk hell.

She dated a friend. When he broke up with her, she pulled some poo poo where she came to me and acted like she knew I'd told him to break up with her to try to trick me into admitting it. I found out it was a pure dumb trick and told her I never wanted to speak to her again and blocked her. (For the record, I did give the friend relationship advice. He sounded unhappy in the relationship. It's why I had to find out later that she was just talking out her rear end and fishing.)

And it began.

Do you know how loving BANALLY unsettling it is to have someone ask you how your day was every few months for years? On different accounts they've found Googling your username? Accounts you've never even used to talk to other people? Random forums? "Hey long time no see, how is your day?" Like I never told her to gently caress off. The first time, I reminded her and she was like "Why?" and I just blocked her again because I was done. Ignoring her does not make this not happen. I've blocked her on what I thought was every account I've had anywhere that can receive messages.

I just got "I miss you" out of nowhere. To be fair, that is the one actually unsettling message she's sent. But at least it wasn't asking about my loving day.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Went in for a physical and to get some bloodwork done.
Physical went fine, but despite chugging water until my stomach hurt, they couldn't find a vein. So now I have to come back in two days to try again. I already dealt with my needle issue once this week, I don't want to do it again! :argh:

And I finally got my dog's ashes today :(

Chef Bourgeoisie has a new favorite as of 16:59 on Mar 27, 2017

Sweet Calamity
Feb 15, 2008
Take nothing from nothing and you'll have nothing left.
I just found out that the intermittent pain in my feet and back isn't actually normal--it's some sort of inflammatory arthritis. I'm only 27 and I already have spurs in my spine and am losing fine motor control in my hands. My toes hurt every day and I'm starting to freak out about it.

Also, I was bad and bought a pack of cigarettes today (been vaping instead for more than a year) because gently caress it.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
I've been stuck with the wackjob bodybuilder/conspiracy theorist I work with for anywhere between 3-5 hours every work day for the last six weeks (for roughly a total of 75-90 hours) while he goes off on random tangents about whatever his theory of the day is. I'm not sure if he's trying to convert me or what, but the last conversation we had ended with me staring at my phone and showing maximum disinterest/disengagement while he told me that psychadelics would 'shut off the pathways to sadness and depression in [my] mind and open the brand new ones that will bring [me] happiness and sunshine!"

loving weirdo. I'm considering getting HR involved in this because he won't stop spewing weird conspiratorial poo poo and I am so sick of being told (in not so many words) it's my fault that childhood abuse left me with anxiety and if I had a stronger will I'd never be sick or anxious ever again.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Sweet Calamity posted:

I just found out that the intermittent pain in my feet and back isn't actually normal--it's some sort of inflammatory arthritis. I'm only 27 and I already have spurs in my spine and am losing fine motor control in my hands. My toes hurt every day and I'm starting to freak out about it.

Also, I was bad and bought a pack of cigarettes today (been vaping instead for more than a year) because gently caress it.

Sorry about that. When I had mid-20s back pain it was just because I had been walking with Terrible Posture for 15 years without noticing, the doctor sent me to a PT who basically retaught me how to walk and gave me some exercises for the pain, and now I'm fine although still needing to do my exercises.

Sweet Calamity
Feb 15, 2008
Take nothing from nothing and you'll have nothing left.

BioEnchanted posted:

Sorry about that. When I had mid-20s back pain it was just because I had been walking with Terrible Posture for 15 years without noticing, the doctor sent me to a PT who basically retaught me how to walk and gave me some exercises for the pain, and now I'm fine although still needing to do my exercises.

Thanks. I was really hoping it would be posture-related; I have terrible posture too. :hf:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I just got a call from my oncology nurse. Tehy need me to retake my latest blood test, because of some worrying markers in the one I took two weeks ago. I am only 6 months from official remission, but my cancer has a 50% over 5 years reoccurence rate, so I am low key panicking.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I forgot my painkillers have caffeine in them. Took one at 3 am when I went to bed and am still awake at 6. Good thing I'm unemployed!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Excederin is just ibuprofen and caffeine

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I don't want to get out of bed and go to work. I do want to work though, my job is fun and I enjoy it, but meh I just want to sit at my computer all day and get drunk. Drinking is the worst idea I could have. My cat is making horrible howling noises outside my bedroom door. So in summary, my day is lovely and it hasn't even started yet because I'm still in bed.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
I had to go to the emergency room on Thursday because I don't have health insurance because I live in Texas and they rejected all the ACA stuff they possibly could and I have a really bad infection in my face that started as pneumonia and I went to the ER for that back on March 3 and they gave me an antibiotic but not enough of it and I didn't get better but I couldn't afford to go back right away and then I got a sinus infection that had me in pain for three weeks but I still didn't go to the ER because I am scared of the medical debt I'm incurring but finally I had no choice but to go and they gave me another antibiotic but I'm scared because it's really bad and it didn't start getting better literally immediately and my partner made me more scared by talking about infections eating the bone and spreading to the brain and so on and I was already really aware of that and frightened about it so that didn't help and I'm just SCARED, man, I miss being a little kid and being able to just sit back and trust the grownups when I'm sick.

My current plan is if I'm still not improving by Sunday I return to the ER and tell them. Does this sound like a good plan to others? Is that an appropriate amount of time to wait to see if the antibiotics will work? Is it too short, too long, how is it

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

I've been looking for a job for months. I shot off two applications this morning and only now just realised that I've sent the wrong cover letter and resume to both positions. Who knows how many other times I've done it.
I'm burnt out, poo poo sucks.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

InediblePenguin posted:

I had to go to the emergency room on Thursday because I don't have health insurance because I live in Texas and they rejected all the ACA stuff they possibly could and I have a really bad infection in my face that started as pneumonia and I went to the ER for that back on March 3 and they gave me an antibiotic but not enough of it and I didn't get better but I couldn't afford to go back right away and then I got a sinus infection that had me in pain for three weeks but I still didn't go to the ER because I am scared of the medical debt I'm incurring but finally I had no choice but to go and they gave me another antibiotic but I'm scared because it's really bad and it didn't start getting better literally immediately and my partner made me more scared by talking about infections eating the bone and spreading to the brain and so on and I was already really aware of that and frightened about it so that didn't help and I'm just SCARED, man, I miss being a little kid and being able to just sit back and trust the grownups when I'm sick.

My current plan is if I'm still not improving by Sunday I return to the ER and tell them. Does this sound like a good plan to others? Is that an appropriate amount of time to wait to see if the antibiotics will work? Is it too short, too long, how is it

Is there an immediate care in your area? Those are a ton cheaper unless your face is like, rotting off.

A bunch of hospitals around here (not Texas though) have patient assistance where they lower or even remove the amount you owe them. You could look into that and maybe see which hospitals have that program before you go there.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Thin Privilege posted:

I don't want to get out of bed and go to work. I do want to work though, my job is fun and I enjoy it, but meh I just want to sit at my computer all day and get drunk. Drinking is the worst idea I could have. My cat is making horrible howling noises outside my bedroom door. So in summary, my day is lovely and it hasn't even started yet because I'm still in bed.

Hahaha I just read that I wrote this, I must have been 1/5 asleep cause I don't remember writing this. My day is now bad because that's such an embarrassing post.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
I bought a car and the realization of all the things I hosed up during the process is hitting me now. At least I'm not panicking enough for the chest pains to show up. Because the last two days have been full of that from just looking at a car and interacting with a salesman.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My partner bought me something that doesn't work. I didn't really want it in the first place, but she was happy to get it for me (unannounced) and I was warming up to it. Plus, since it's one of those Kickstarted-by-a-small-company things, I get this vibe that the return process is going to be annoying. As in, the email chain I had with the support staff was prompt until I said I just wanted a refund.

Also, the muscles in my back have decided to go on strike, because I'm finding I'm slumping over a bit (which will inevitably cause my back to hurt for the next few days).

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 02:46 on Apr 15, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm coming down off my SSRI's and I can't stop crying over everything. Cute puppy pic on Facebook? GOTTA CRY. Cat has a hairball? GOTTA CRY. Hear a song you've liked for 20 years? GOTTA CRY. Husband went to the store without you? GOTTA CRY. Made a tasty lunch? GOTTA CRY. Clicked the wrong button while editing a video? OH poo poo SON YOU BETTER CRY NOW.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

My uncle killed himself with a power cord around the neck hanging off a beam fourteen years ago. We were very close.

Two weeks ago, my only other uncle, despite a lot of me trying to talk him round, opened his wrists up. We were also very close. Cremated him on the weekend.

Fell out with my dad and stepmum because I was so piss drunk and emotional I took offence at something they'd done and told them to gently caress off out of my house on the evening of the funeral.

It's beginning to bring back the feelings I had after my first uncle died. I don't believe in any afterlife, and they're not suffering now, maybe it'd be a lot easier for me to go that way. I have to forgive them for being selfish, right, so why can't I be afforded the same? And I'm not saying I'd do it, I just don't want these thoughts because last time they took a long time to shift and I did some pretty hosed up stuff to myself.

And the worst bit is because of the previous uncle I'm fully aware of how long this will stick around.

Uncles: liars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Killing yourself because you're sad that other people killed themselves is a Top 10 Most Ironic Deaths