Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm sick and just started my weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just don't want to do anything.

Maybe watch TV or something. There's a couple games I like.

Pretty grey lately.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have a phone interview tomorrow for a job I really want and I'm gonna fuggen baaaaarf.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I hung out with a bunch of children and now my butt and wrists hurt.

Went rollerskating and fell a lot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There are no houses in my city that are a reasonable price.

Seriously. There is nothing under half a mil that isn't a rat nest of used needles.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My back hurts all the time.
A coworker makes my skin crawl because he's so unaware of his behaviour that he doesn't understand social contracts at all. He's not on the spectrum, he's just lovely and inconsiderate.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm working on Christmas for the 11th time in a row.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I live in an at-will state.
Thankfully my job is exempt because it is a looming cloud of dread for thousands of people.

My Gf was once fired because she and her coworker went out for lunch, coworker got drunk and the boss fired them both because "the whole thing was unprofessional."

gently caress that place, gently caress those people.
gently caress at-will employers.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sick, again. Not sure what it is but I can only stomach ginger tea.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

fizzymercy posted:

I have been having random seizures that cause me to just stand/sit and stare into nothingness for hours and lose all ability to verbalize. I ended up in the hospital because I had one last night while I was shopping and they called the police because I was "acting erratic". The cops were actually super nice and called and ambulance, but now I have a HUGE hospital bill to pay and I feel like a freak that can't leave the house.

Also no driving (my one true love!) for at least a year.

gently caress this. gently caress everything.

That's terrifying. Sorry.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My neighbors were litterally throwing themselves into the walls so hard that stuff was getting knocked off my shelves.

For three hours.
On a Monday night.
Until about 3 am.

I don't live in a crappy building so this behavior is uncommon.

It was so bad that I had to call the cops, which now makes me officially an old man.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have two coworkers in their 60s.
They don't pay attention to the conversation in the room until halfway through and then interrupt us in a condescending way.

They're the worst employees we have and they are constantly talking about how young people are lazy.

MOTHERFUCKER I caught you napping in a meeting!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

John Murdoch posted:

I got called for jury duty and feel unwell about it.

I genuinely like jury duty. But then again my work is such that I don't miss out on anything and get paid in full.

It's a fun little vacation where you get to see the dumbest motherfuckers in town.
Last time I was scheduled for two days, 9-5.

Each day they excused us just after 10 so basically got two days free vacation.

Edit: It double helps that the first time I did it was a murder trial that could have been a movie. That poo poo was WILD.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm renting a room to a friend that's really down on his luck.

Great guy, trying really hard to scrape his life together.
He got some pet fish from a friend and a mere week later the aquarium fails and dumps water across his room and into the basement... which is also my room.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't think my boss likes me very much and I'm fairly certain I don't have much of a future with my current place.

Thing is, I don't have a degree and my brain is very bad.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

sephiRoth IRA posted:

That's loving horrific management. Your manager (if they were competent) would have that info on hand. Good luck with whatever is coming :/

My boss is proud that he doesn't know what goes on in our team's day-to-day because he likes to be hands-off.
...which means that if I have an issue, he's not really equipped to deal with it.

I really don't want to work anymore.
I don't have any career path going, no real support where I'm at and no extra time/money to go after certifications or a degree.
My partner makes more than double my salary and is likely to get a significant raise soon.

I'm much more valuable maintaining the house/garden, cooking and looking after our animals.
I'm really good at that stuff but since I'm a dude, most people don't think it is viable or even appropriate. I'm just so very tired of wasting my days in a complete dead end job where, at the end of the day, neither of us have any energy left to keep the house.
She said she'd be more okay with it if we had kids... but we don't want kids and couldn't afford one with just one salary.

Sorry, I needed to vent but I feel stuck and useless.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My basement wants to flood at any opportunity.
My roommate left a hose running and the small trickle from the spigot (the hose end was on the other side of the yard) caused a puddle to form in my laundry room.

I love this old house but it's OLD and full of mystery.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had to have emergency construction done on my house that out me out for three weeks.

I was stuck in a hotel room with my fiance the whole time. A small room in a pandemic. She worked so I had headphones in the whole time.

I had to drain my PTO because I wasn't sure if the wifi would be stable and circumstances were such that I couldn't revoke my request.

So, no winter vacation for my birthday.
Instead I got three weeks in a stuffy room without so much as a decent laptop to keep me busy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm tired all the time unless I get 3-4 consecutive days off.

That's how long it takes me to shake my work-related anxiety.
Wouldn't be so bad but I also make next to nothing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My anxiety is through the roof, which makes my depression worse, which means I can't do much beyond work (to stay alive).

I haven't read a book in a year. I don't draw or write anymore. I spend my free time idling wasting away and shitposting on SA.

I'm going to get a new therapist soon...ish but the next person that can get me meds in booked out to February. The pandemic has been less severe for me than most (kept my job, no family has been seriously affected) but I feel very hollow.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My partner has poo poo lungs and we cannot risk any COVID exposure because even a mild case could kill her.

I had to go in to my office to sign for some deliveries but they simply didn't show up. We set a firm time and I waited an addition 2.5 hours, just in case but they never showed.

We're all having a hard time with the pandemic but leaving my house is a very risky endeavor and I wish my job actually respected my time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Per the thread title:

The dog I'm looking after is old and partially paralyzed.
She's a sweet goblin but shits herself all the time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I keep running in to this issue where therapists don't believe that I'm depressed and riddled with anxiety because I'm a decently charming person. I get along with people really easily and they tend to trust me quickly because I don't manipulate people or cultivate relationships with an agenda (something I've learned is kinda rare.)

So during therapy I am "on" and can easily articulate my issues. I've told them that it's all a very well-practiced veneer that I can't really drop, so they few times it cracks, it feels somehow dishonest.

Getting meds is a loving nightmare in this state. No one I talk to really believes me when I tell them that my anxiety has dominated my life so much that I'm completely empty. Yeah I can hold down a job but that's about it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Solice Kirsk posted:

How many therapists have you seen? If it's been more than two or three and they all are saying the same thing then maybe you don't need pills? Otherwise I'd say just go to different therapists until you find someone that will just cut you a prescription.

I've gone to a total of five over 15 years and the manifestation of the issues has changed over time. So I don't have a good enough sample size to make a good judgement.

The problem is compounded by having switched insurance just before the pandemic and I never got a new PCP established. No one is taking new patients because of COVID and none of the available therapists can prescribe and/or do not refer to folks who do.

Maybe I'm missing a critical element to this structure but American healthcare is such a clusterfuck that I'm moreorless resigned to just feeling bad all the time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't have a project manager at work or even really a direct supervisor.

So I'm constantly guessing at what I'm supposed to be doing. Most days I think I could do absolutely nothing and nobody would notice.

That might be ideal for some but I love working and getting stuff done... but I can't do that without guidance.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Captain Invictus posted:

my mom's former best friend was one of the terrorists in DC yesterday. I spent part of the day trying to break down to mom why she needs to loving :sever: from this psychopath asap. and apparently her kids have been brain poisoned by her as well and are ALSO nuts. man, this sucks.

I also now have a heart monitor plastered to my chest for a few weeks and have to carry around a second phone that is a monitor for the thing, so that's annoying.

That sucks. Deprogramming is really hard. My mom was heading towards the CHUD route but wised up soon after Trump was elected. Thankfully she didn't vote for him but it was touch-and-go for a while.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Detheros posted:

Slipped and fell on my rear end while out to pay my rent because no one in this loving city shovels their drat snow or salts their drat sidewalk so it's a constant icy loving mess.

Despite living in a city with heavy rain, we never get snow and I hate it. It's January and it's loving 50F out all the time. poo poo sucks!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

More depressing pet chat:

My oldest guinea pig is probably not long for this world. She's around 7 so pretty average age for dying but she's not showing obvious signs.
She's on some meds for issues that are not life threatening but she's sleeping much more than usual. She still eats and loves to cuddle but you can just tell.

Our first one upped and died suddenly about three months after getting him and we still don't know why. He just started coughing (something they're not supposed to do) and an hour later he was gone.

I don't want this one to pass yet. She was rescued from a hoarder that was breeding and eating them so we don't know exactly how old she is but we know she was at least old enough to have babies. Ugh.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Captain Invictus posted:

Guinea Pigs are eaten in south america and some places in the US.

raised on farms, not in someone's overstuffed house, that is.

In South America they farm cuy guinea pigs, which are about 3X the size of American domesticated pigs.
The ones I'm talking about have nary a scrap of meat on them. She was hosed in the head and said she could only eat FRESH meat because she had MS.

Literally hundreds of guinea pigs, rabbits and dogs in Washington. Absolutely hosed.

Edit
The one in the center is part-cuy and the one on the right is a standard pet size.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My boss teed me up to talk about my project during a meeting and I get four words in before he goes, "Alright moving on..."
No explanation, no follow-up. It's not like I was going to implicate him in something, it was a simple status update.

I've given up on ever having a dream job but I sure would like one where I didn't feel like I was a bother to everyone (I'm the only non-engineer on my team, make of that what you will.)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That happened to me a few weeks ago but it was a young person both smoking and looking at their phone. They braked so I sped up and got in front of her and saw that she was flipping me off.

Some people are beyond reason.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm getting too invested in my job again. It's pretty dead-end and there is no incentive for me to do any extra work but I can't help but go full-steam into a thankless project.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Every job I’ve quit has been completely blindsided. They always think I’m super happy there because I must enjoy the job to be so motivated, but really I just don’t have settings that aren’t “full steam” or “so completely checked out I’m gonna get fired”

The past few months I was okay at doing kinda the minimum and skating by but now the guilt is racking up.

I just wish there was a promotion path for me but I can't even get a raise and I'm making less than average for my area.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This is going to sound bad but stick with me.

My grandma is still alive and everyone hates it.

She's going through the late stages of Alzheimer's, which is a horrible way to go, and it's making her really angry and aggressive with people. The thing is that she was kinda that way beforehand. She's a lifelong alcoholic, racist and homophobe. When my mom came out, my grandma cut her and our ENTIRE side of the family from her life for over a decade. She never tried to make amends. She acted like it never happened.
She smokes and drinks all day and refuses to die. Every moment around her was a huge hassle before her brain started to rot and now it's intolerable.

And yet she must remain a stalwart defender against gay black people or whatever.

Rest in piss, you unreasonable shithead.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Captain Invictus posted:

This is on a plastic shelf unit, rather than in a cupboard. I put all the bags of rice in a plastic grocery bag, tied it up, and stuffed it in the freezer to kill them off. There's nothing else on the shelves that is susceptible to that sort of critter, so that's good.

there always seems to be that one box of [stuff] in your cabinet or shelves that gets infested by something but doesn't look like it from the outside, so when you go to use some occasionally, you're greeted with a nightmare.

Not that you're looking for advice but I keep stuff like rice in a food-grade sealable bucket. It's great to buy 20 lbs of rice and lentils and have them safe from the elements. You can get buckets like that at Kroger's usually.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My pet died, my car died and someone stole my wedding suit.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have to choose between getting a replacement AC unit or dental surgery.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Captain Invictus posted:

Get a fan and look online to see if there are any Craigslist ads for cheap used mini window ACs to at least cover you for the moment. Get the dental surgery. From experience, I will 100% take intense heat over intolerable dental pain any day of the week.

Turns out I might be able to handle both, but thanks.

Why wasn't I born rich?!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have a massive headache that won't go away but I can't leave work.

Thankfully someone in my gaming guild got me an unexpected present and made me feel much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I need not-insignificant dental surgery (don't get depressed for 20 years and neglect yourself, kids) and the office that's handling it has such bad turnover that my appointment keeps getting changed.

My work is very flexible but I'd kill for a solid date to fix my lovely mouth.