Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
The person in the hotel room next to mine is snoring louder than my wife is, and there's no wall between me and my wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

One time in a hotel a couple were having sex all night and blasting mariachi music.

we get it youve had sex

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

The last month has been poo poo. I'm sick and I don't know why. Joint pain everywhere, muscle pain everywhere, fatigue, loss of appetite, trouble walking, tingling in feet and hands, delayed motor skills, headaches, arms feel too heavy to lift sometimes, blah blah blah. Body is not working and it sucks. Last week I couldnt even get oit of bed. All my tests so far say I'm perfectly healthy. Doing another big round of blood tests tomorrow. :toot:

Have they tested for Lyme disease or mononucleosis? My wife had mono, and those were some of the symptoms she had during it, and she's still dealing with some of it, because her doctor kept saying "it can't be mono." Mono's a cheap, easy test, and they can add it on easy to your blood tests that are going on tomorrow.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm trying to get tested for Lyme but since I don't remember a bite or rash it's really hard to get it done. I don't know what the problem is and why they refuse when I ask. Like just do it. Who cares if I remember getting a rash or not? Didn't think of mono though. My coworker was saying I should forge my test sheet and add stuff according to advice in the chronic pain thread.

Don't forge anything, just tell the doctor "you know, I think I do remember a rash."

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
My wife got laid off from her job last Tuesday. Her last paycheck comes Friday, and her first unemployment check comes in January. She's really not equipped for any other career.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

NarwhalParty posted:

Long story short, we put an offer in on a house for the first time ever and they accepted somebody else's first. All that stress for nothing. I really don't think we'll be able to afford a place of our own. The only reason that place was affordable was because it was a foreclosure.

Now my targeted ads are full of houses I'll never be able to afford and it makes me sad.

I'm going to tell you, as someone who was in your position 5 years ago, you lucked the gently caress out. I got the house in my situation, and I had to put an extra 27000 into it within 3 years for surprise issues that the previous owner halfassed. Take that down payment money and invest it and keep saving for as long as you can.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Lost my job I’d been at for 12 years which I had just gotten a big raise at, because of lies cooked up by a temp and a known troublemaker

Aeryk posted:

Sorry Mr Weinstein

It wasn’t anything molest-y. It was bullshit about sleeping at work on third shift.

Anil Dikshit has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Oct 25, 2017

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Like, surely there is a way to respond to these lies as lies, right? You had a job for 12 years and don't get a chance to defend yourself at all? You must be leaving something out.

It was two against one, and our HR has always been really tough on anything they consider ‘stealing time’

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

I had to cancel my Star Wars tickets for tonight due to some GI issues that haven't decided to clear up.

Bad hot dogs?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

SoldadoDeTone posted:

My dad has alzheimers disease, and he asked me five times if I wanted a pair of shoes he was getting rid of. Each time I told him that my feet were too small and he'd ask me if my dick was that small, too.

I love your dad.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

She took a busser job at the bar she used to bartend at, I took a gas station job where an old friend of mine manages.

E: so I guess a succinct way of answering it is "we picked jobs where the interview process was basically just asking if we wanted the jobs".

This is important...does your job have a hot dog roller machine?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

InediblePenguin posted:

note that i don't handle money in my job, we have a dedicated cashier so i pretty much only handle the credit card machine if she's too busy or put sick or something, so i barely know how to do this thing because this thing is not my loving job, ok

so tonight i stayed an hour late, after everyone else had gone home, because this dude called up and said he'd bought a battery from us yesterday and had paid $18 for a core charge because he didn't have the old battery to exchange; now he had it ready and he wanted the core charge refunded and he insisted the only possible chance would be tonight because he's going on vacation so he specifically asked me to stay until he showed up (which seems mind-blowingly entitled to me in the first place -- i could never call and ask someone to work an hour late for my convenience tbh!) then when he finally showed up he had the loving gall to give me poo poo for making him wait literally two minutes while i texted somebody to find out how to do a refund on the credit card machine and he will probably complain to the business owner about me for being insufficiently fast and grateful for his existence while i did him a loving favor

gently caress that dude.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Jeza posted:

Dare I ask what you are trying to hire somebody on Taskrabbit to do, MrBibs?

Pre-chew hot dogs

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

My cat died early this evening. He was 12 years old, and he was my first cat.

I’m sorry you lost him.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

My wedding was in 10 days.

WAS.

Congratulations!

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

You're right, sorry to you goons.

Just working through poo poo and shouldn't be taking it out on others.

Already had to make a bunch of awkward phone calls to friends and family last night, now I've got to make a bunch more to the wedding venue people, photographer, etc... to cancel and say goodbye my money.

And to top it off, my dog still isn't able to walk after slipping a disc and having emergency surgery last month, and I twisted my ankle REALLY bad on Saturday and I"m still limping along and in a bunch of physical pain to match my emotional pain.

It's been a real fun month.

EDIT: Well, just left the ER...the twist/sprain of my ankle is a break... I've been walking on a loving broken ankle for 4 days. Just a real nice topper to everything else.

I’m just glad it happened before rather than after.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
My father-in-law, who is diabetic, hard of hearing and denying it, has congestive heart failure, and multiple myeloma(under control) is back in the hospital after getting sick again and getting dehydrated. For the last few months, since one shoulder and the opposite hip have been mostly weakened by previous bouts with cancer, he’s been having to sleep sitting upright. My mother-in-law, who is a saint, has been spending the past 8 years taking care of him since his diagnosis, since he refuses to let anyone come in and help. He’s also started buying ridiculous amounts of knives and guns and RC helicopters that he’s not able to use now, and won’t put in the effort in physical therapy to get stronger so he can use them.
I just wish my mother-in-law could enjoy her retirement. It was less than a month after she retired that he was diagnosed.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

We Know Catheters posted:

I've spent over a hour on the toilet

Arby’s?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I guess I shoulda just stayed home.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

fizzymercy posted:

My goddamn favorite barncat died today. She was 17 years old, mean as a cold snake, and hated me. But that baby kept my sheep, cows, and dumbass llama happy and vermin free and I loved her.

Zoe, you mean old cuss, I will miss you more than I can say. If only for that time you brought me a living gecko and dropped it on my face at 4am. That poo poo was hilarious.

I’m really sorry for your loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

eating only apples posted:

I made garlic bread yesterday lunchtime.

Woke up every hour in the night with screaming indigestion, took a lot of rennies, threw up a little bit once, felt bloated and gross all night and was 99% sure at 3am I'd poisoned myself.

Fine today!! Just tired. Maybe garlic intolerant but I'm not loving testing it, just won't eat so much at once. Life without garlic is not worth living

Username post combo