Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Had to spend the night with my husband's friend who is normally a cool dude, but tonight he was super condescending to me and basically a dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Today is the 1 year anniversary of my father's sudden death. On top of that, two days ago my husband's grandfather died from terminal lung cancer, and I'm having a miscarriage. I feel like death is following me :smith:

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Yesterday, but we had to take my poor kitty to the vet. She seemed really off--hiding and lethargic--and then all of a sudden started bleeding like crazy from her face. Turns out she had an abscess that popped, so we rushed her to the vet where she had to undergo some minor surgery to have it drained and debrided. She has a little drainage tube in the wound now, and is obviously freaked out and in a lot of pain. We are giving her painkillers and antibiotics, but she struggles so much and is so freaked out. It's breaking my heart!!

Today she looked like she was starting to feel better, but after her nighttime meds she got a little agitated and started running around, whacking her little cone on a bunch of things, which just freaked her out even more. I am trying to comfort her, but I just seem to be making it worse! I'm pregnant, so I'm basically being a ridiculous emotional basketcase over my poor sick kitty, and I can't stop crying even though I know she's going to be fine.

Also, while I was at the vet yesterday trying to deal with everything, my husband called to tell me that our brand new $2000+ stove that we literally just bought (still in the packaging, even) had a giant crack in the glass. It was supposed to be installed today (we had new counters put in), but of course now we have to wait for Lowes to exchange it. We've been without a functional kitchen for two months now and I was really looking forward to being able to cook again!

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

queserasera posted:

It took Lowes four times to deliver the correct washer and dryer to our house without any damages to either of the machines. Granted, they offered us a dented/scratched ones, but COME ON.

And then we ordered our new dishwasher from the same store and distro and got it right and installed the first time. :iiam:

You were right! We got our new stove, installed it, then went to use it for the first time and one of the burners doesn't work. Sigh. Round 2 with Lowes!

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I'm very pregnant, and I have really bad symphysis pubis dysfunction so it feels like my pelvis is being wrenched in half with a crowbar, while simultaneously feeling like someone hoofed me as hard as possible in the box with a steel-toed boot. Every movement is agony and I can barely walk without wanting to cry. I'm still at work for 3 more weeks and I have an absolute poo poo ton of stuff to do to get prepared and I have no idea how I'm going to manage physically when my pelvis and lower spine feel like they are disintegrating with each step. Just over 4 weeks left until my due date...it's likely I will go over though.