Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
My favorite local burger place has become a neo-nazi hangout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Manager Hoyden posted:

My breath has smelled like horse poo poo all day. I know this because I grew up with horses and I know that smell very well. It's 100% definitely the smell of horse poo poo and as far as I can recall I ate no horse poo poo.

I take good care of my mouth and breath. What foul affliction has cursed me with horse poo poo breath.

Sinus infection. Even if you lack the other symptoms such as pain, pressure, drip etc.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

mom still thinks in the back of her mind she can save her, it's why she still talks to her occasionally. she's a sweetheart but she is way too optimistic.

My wife's brother has gone from being the never had a job in his life, but still OK "farmer", to being an OAN watching racist over the past 5 years. And I have a proud boy brother who lives in Israel.

I stopped talking to him 6 months ago, and she did the same this Christmas. I may be cold, but don't really care. I have other brothers and I have maybe interacted with him for a dozen hours over the last two decades. But her brother is her only sibling, and she keeps trying to make herself fell bad about not liking him.

I have no illusions about either of them coming back to reality. They can both get hosed. I am not in a forgiving mood.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
My wife's cousin died of cancer last night. She was not close to him, and had not seen him in over 15 years, but a bit of her childhood left her last night.

And it was a poo poo death. Cancer was discovered about 6 weeks ago, and went untreated by Kaiser for "reasons". It is as if they just wanted to solve the problem by waiting on his death. gently caress Kaiser.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
Me: Yay! I am walking to Blaze Pizza to meet my son for lunch, he just came home from college for Xmas break
Old woman: Merry Christmas!
Me: And a merry Christmas to you too!
Old woman: I guess we are not supposed to say that any more because it is not politically correct.
Me: (Slight pause) I am not going to have that conversation here.
Old woman: ARE YOU A DEMOCARAT?!?!?!
Me: Go Away.

What.
The .
Actual.
gently caress?

I know this is not that bad in the overall scheme of things. But is this a new trend, to actually seek out conflict over the perceived War on Christmas? I can't imagine this was her first time doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

It's just been one of those weeks where every day is a new stressor. First I come down with a mild cold so that just makes it annoying, then yesterday I get a text from my landlady that she want to come look around, don't know why but that just means that I'll have to spend most of my free time cleaning the apartment, THEN today I had a review on my calls at work, mostly positive but again it is a stressor, and tomorrow I have my final annual review with my manager. Then friday afternoon through Saturday it'll have to be a cleaning blitz to get the apartment presentable but at least I set the time for 3pm on Sunday so I have plenty of time, it's just been one thing after another.

As long as the apartment is not being damaged by your level of cleanliness, just leave it. You are not running a hotel. You are not 12 and having your mom on your case. If she wants to tsk you for leaving a mess out, that is her problem. You are a loving adult and if you want to leave your dishes on the counter and some dust on the book shelves, that is your god given right.