Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I just worked sixteen hours on something I ended up loving up tremendously anyway, after working all weekend to get my poo poo to a point where I could even attempt to do the thing that I hosed up today. Life is pain and I pray for the sweet specter of death to steal me away in my fitful, restless sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

My day yesterday sucked, I didn't accomplish anything, dislocated my shoulder really painfully, and burned out my favorite guitar amp.

....But then at around midnight I got pissed and started messing with the amp and realized it was actually fine, what had failed was just a cable. And I don't even need to replace it, it's a cable where you can pop the plugs right off and resolder the connections, it'll be like a five minute fix. And when I woke up this morning, my shoulder felt a lot less like agonizing death, so things are looking up.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I had to reschedule a little mini Valentine's day vacation with my wife for like a month from now because I am currently sick as hell and our weekends are really full.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

- I have a mild hangover. Not debilitating, just a tender stomach that won't stop reminding me that it's tender.

Eat something mild like a hot dog to settle your stomach.

Kelp Me! posted:

The kids across the street have a mother who is somehow stereotypically overbearing and protective and yet doesn't seem to give a poo poo that her kids' response to a car driving down the street is "continue riding bikes/scooters in circles on the street" and not "get the gently caress out of the way until the car is past"

It happens pretty often but today was extra annoying - I literally came to a complete stop as they biked down the dead center of the road, and one of the kids actually swerved into my car and almost fell into it. They're too young for me to think it's malicious, but god loving forbid I honk or say something to them, I can only imagine the righteous shitstorm of bile that would spew out of that lady's mouth if I dared tell their kids to be careful around cars on the road or something.

I swear I'm not a 70-year-old man.

Honk at the turds in the street you silly beta bitch. That is what the big button in the center of your steering wheel is for. How in gently caress's name can someone be so afraid of confrontation that they don't dare honk their horn at kids playing in the street?! :psyduck:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

I am super beta but also I really don't feel like being that rear end in a top hat in the neighborhood who honks at children playing in the street

I thought this was a complaining and whining safe space :cry:

The rear end in a top hat is the parent who never taught their kids about safety around cars.

I'm being harsh but seriously, don't be ashamed of using your horn. You don't have to lay into it or anything, just beep at them and (hopefully) they'll get the point. Even on a dead-end street kids need to understand that it's not a playground - all it takes is one lost idiot driving too fast and little Jimmy is a pancake.

E: And I know I sound like an old dude, and I am, but I'm an old dude who had a friend in elementary school get his leg busted up because he was playing in the street like a goddamn idiot.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Please see a doctor, that sounds serious :ohdear:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

*gesticulates wildly at everything, everywhere - like holy poo poo how is absolutely everything so devastatingly awful - before collapsing in a heap*

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

my day is literally lovely because my main sewer line backed up and spewed wastewater all over my living room, rendering literally half of my house completely uninhabitable for the foreseeable future

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

My wife got this awful summer cold at work last week and now I've caught it. The really frustrating part is that other than completely losing my voice and feeling slightly more zonked-out than normal I feel pretty much okay, until the very second I do some kind of minor chore or something and then suddenly crash and spend two hours sleeping it off. Just this annoying sense of helplessness while I know there's a million things to do around the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

someone cloned my debit card and bought several hundred dollars worth of crypto, and the dispute process is a huge pain in the rear end