Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I get to work today. It was supposed to be yesterday but when I got woke up at 630am to be told I would need to work I firmly said no because I already had plans and needed more than 30 minutes notice to cancel them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Man I came in to post something simple and caught up on this thread. Good luck goons and I hope things get better it makes my content seem so tame in comparison.

Today is my first day off since two Mondays ago. In that time I worked almost 150 hours.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I just moved into an apartment at the beginning of the month and today I get fired. For having a "poor attitude" with my boss who didn't seem to understand that my attitude was poor because after a year and a half I still didn't get a schedule. He would text me every night between 9 and 10 telling me whether I worked or not meaning I could never plan to have a life because work was always there looming.

The kicker? I wasn't employed as a locksmith or a tow truck driver or anything that actually benefits from being on call 24/7. I made popcorn.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

This is the fourth missed deadline for the washer we bought. It's been two weeks and they just keep pushing it back. Usually they call us in the morning and go "Hey so they didn't send it to us again. Sorry about that." But today when there was 30 minutes left in their window I called them and they went "oh that sucks they didn't call you. Yeah you aren't getting it again."

No wonder HHGregg isn't doing great. Fuckers.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

One of my coworkers passed away this morning. She was taking today off and he boyfriend found her unresponsive and they couldn't resuscitate her.

Just yesterday she was at work laughing and being okay and now she's just gone.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

"gonna just wake up and move money to my rent paying checking account"

Edit: Huntington credited my account back, that was surprisingly quick

Len has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Oct 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Just need somewhere to vent this. Me and my other half put an offer on a house and it was accepted. But I'm a neurotic mess at the best of times so now I'm worried about things like "what if we don't actually have the money for closing costs like we were told we did?" "What if our number crunching was wrong and we can't afford this?" "What if (insert next thing)?" It wakes me up through the night and it's all I can think about.

Meanwhile my partner is sleeping calm as can be and isn't concerned at all and I'm jealous