Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My electricity company removed the credit card option from online payments for some reason, it's just not where it always was. My gas company won't recognize my account number anymore. So I can't pay either bill right now because I have no money in my account at the moment so I can't pay through my bank.

And one of my Steam games undownloaded sometime in the last 24 hours and I wanted to play it right now because I'm mad but now I have to wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm so worried because the place I stayed in Belize for 2 months last year is imminently threatened by a tsunami and there's no where safe to go except hiding behind mangroves and hoping for the best.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My Youtube channel only has 566 subscribers so I got completely demonetized.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Langosta Whiteman posted:

Parents are really lovely at being parents sometimes.

I cut my dad out completely in 1998 and only looked back when he somehow got my email address and tried to pretend all the horrible poo poo I went through as a kid at his hands never happened. I got absolutely wasted, went to a friend's house, and wrote a huge letter about how much I hated him and nothing he could do would ever make up for what happened. It was so cathartic and necessary and I felt soooooo good after.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I can't deal with my family anymore. They only contact me to complain about how I'm not good enough. I really wish they'd leave me alone.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My mom is loving insane and apparently jealous of my husband of 19 years because he gets more of my attention than she does.

Maybe my mom would get more attention if she didn't deliberately and actively give me the silent treatment to prove I don't give her enough attention. She's acting like such a child. And apparently is now also a Mother In Law(tm).

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My mom has decided that me asking her to reach out and stop ignoring me on purpose while I'm sick means she should do all that even harder now. Got a message saying she's never going to bother trying and she's removing herself from my life. Cool.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

At this point, yes.

I haven't been good enough for her ever. She's still jealous of my husband and I've been with him 19 years. I ran an event for school, I was super excited and proud, it was a really big deal to me and I'd been anticipating doing it for years. It was financially successful and very well received, but she said she couldn't go because she had plans. Turns out she didn't want to go because I would probably spend too much time with my friends and colleagues. It also makes her mad when my face lights up around people who are actually, you know, nice to me. So gently caress it all. I'm extremely sick right now, been sick for 2 years, and don't have it in me to give a poo poo anymore.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I woke up determined to get through a full 8 hour shift today. Even felt decent for the morning. After 4 hours I started deteriorating but figured I could make it 6 hours. By then I started feeling like absolute hell but still kept pushing. Gave up with 45 minutes remaining and now I can barely walk or hold my phone up. I'm full of regret, my entire body is in searing pain and feel like I'm dying. Should have gone home after 5 hours.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I thought I had class at 8:30 today and left my house at 7 because the school is across the city. I was wrong, it starts next week. So it's now 9:30 and I just got home.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My husband's work accidentally paid him a $6400 paycheque that he can't keep because they tacked on an extra 0 to the end of his overtime hours.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

We finally said goodbye to our microwave. We bought it used for $15 from a pawn shop in 2001.

On the bright side we replaced it with one that doesn't have a half-stuck button that makes it hard to open the door. And right now my husband is dismantling the old one and taking apart all the components because he loves to learn about how things work.

Edit: case in point

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My life has fallen apart because my body doesn't work anymore. I don't feel loving strong even though I'm still alive.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My manager adjusted the schedule at work in case I had minor surgery yesterday so I could have today off and work tomorrow instead. I didn't notice. I stayed 5 hours today anyway, but now I don't get to sleep in tomorrow like I usually do.

I also didn't have my surgery yesterday. So I get to wait some more for that.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My legs won't stop bruising and there's nothing I can do about it. I have two conditions that can cause it seemingly randomly. They're all intense purple black too. LAME.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

One of my coworkers said some pretty terrible poo poo to me today and I haven't had a chance to vent with anyone because I've been stuck with her all day.

And then at the end of the day I had a mousetrap snap on my finger that's deeply scarred from a monkey bite.

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 20:42 on Apr 22, 2018

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Someone my brother in law knows was apparently given a Starlight Tour.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saskatoon_freezing_deaths

Fortunately he's alive.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

When I got a tiny fracture in one of my toes, it was right where the tendon attaches so every time I would move it it pulled on the fracture and gently caress did it ever hurt.

Taping it to the toe beside it to keep it still really helped and the pain pretty much stopped.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I was working alone and it was too busy to close the store for a bathroom break. Currently on my 1/2 hour break. It's 3:30. We close at 5.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Summer is approaching which means the people living across the street have their windows open. All they do is scream and yell and swear and throw stuff and threaten each other. All the time. The cops are going to start showing up soon.

Normally it would just be obnoxious but I grew up in a violent abusive home so when I hear that kind of behavior my PTSD kicks into high gear and it really ruins my night. I guess it's another summer spent in my basement for my own sanity.

Edit: there aren't any kids living there, it's an adult couple and two roommates. The loudest angriest person is a middle aged woman. So I don't think there's actual victims in this situation, just 4 gigantic assholes.

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 01:47 on May 12, 2018

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My mom still hates me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

One of the only 3 people on my dad's side of the family that wasn't a horrible monster passed away. The last time I saw him was 1997, and I feel guilty for not staying in touch.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

We just had an insane long weekend at work, but I was off for 2 of the 3 days. I come in today, need to fill stuff from the stockroom which is separate from the actual store. I run one of the little ones so I started the day alone and then I was sent the most incompetent staff member on our team who has never even worked in the store before and has no idea what they're doing. I left to help someone out in another location for a couple minutes because that person was also alone, and my staffer had left the store unattended with people inside and the door unlocked. I'm also trying to fight off a potential lung infection and the stress is literally going to kill me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Agreed. Suffering is subjective. Complain away.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It's 6 am and I haven't slept because I was coughing all night in addition to having severe heartburn which has left me nauseous for hours. Guess I'm calling in sick.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

loving UPS driver didn't even knock or even make an attempt to actually deliver my parcel. Just left a sticker which we heard him leave on our door because we were both home. Saw him walk away empty handed and assumed he left the package on our step. They were the ankle braces I've been desperately waiting for for over a week. I am so loving mad. And now I have to go pick them up at the loving airport. It's after 7 pm. Just loving knock!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Steakandchips posted:

Cool. Hope PP tore UPS a new one.

Normally I wouldn't care so much about being inconvenienced. But this one time it was something I need to function as a normal human being. I'm in severe pain all the time, I got Lyme disease loving up my already garbage joints, I couldn't wait to get those ankle braces just so I could walk again. And now I have to wait until my husband is free during their opening hours to drive me half way across the city to go get them when they were right there at the end of my sidewalk while we were both home to accept them. I actually cried out of anger because I'm also fighting a lung infection too and it just broke me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Well, I have an update. UPS came back. No knock, fully intended to leave another sticker, but I was ready because I was home. So I have my ankle braces!

In other news, my mom is insane and I had to write a long email response back to one from her and it was not pretty. So now I'm waiting for the blowback. Too sick to deal with this level of stress.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

At work we had a sheet of paper shipped in a custom cut sized diaper box completely sealed with 2 layers of packing tape. It didn't matter about the paper being folded so it was impressive that someone took the effort to craft that instead of just using an envelope.

Anyway my ankle braces work beautifully and I'm glad I busted the driver trying to just leave a sticker the second time.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

BioEnchanted posted:

You busted his head against the door jamb until he handed over the package?

No but the shocked look on his face when I opened the door was satisfaction enough. The railing on the step is a bit loose and if you lean on it it makes a clang sound. He leaned on it :)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I can't deal with my family imploding and I just want to :sever:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Work was a poo poo show, not limited to:

A person I asked to not be operating a carnival ride because she keeps breaking safety protocol was put in there and continued to break safety protocol. She also doesn't understand that you don't touch people's kids and when you tell her to stop she ignores you.

Another coworker gave a driver's license back to the wrong visitor, both parties involved were tourists but we gladly had contact info and they were all still in town so were able to clear up the mix up but holy gently caress how incompetent can you get.

Magpies tried to kill a baby bunny in front of a bunch of kids. We rescued it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

There's so much high school levels of drama going on at work right now, I am going to lose my mind.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I found out one of my coworkers who started 3 months ago has been poo poo talking about me behind my back, endlessly complaining about how I refuse to do certain jobs and make her do it instead.

I don't do heavy lifting because I have severe hypermobility and subluxation issues in my elbows and shoulders in addition to an illness causing chronic pain, mostly in my joints. Everyone knows it. Everyone but her is okay with it. Other workers often offer to help me even if I'm managing okay. My manager accommodates me any way I need and everyone has been so kind and supportive as my body falls apart in front of their eyes. I was fine 2 years ago and a lot of them have witnessed what I've been going through and are really sympathetic and understanding.

So it was just a surprise. I've described what these jobs do to me to her before too, and she still needs to complain about how I'm lazy. She also poo poo talks about everyone else too, though, so it's not personal, she's just a whiny, petty, miserable person.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Okay, so that's nothing anymore. My family is disowning me! Although it was inevitable, but tonight the deal was sealed because I told them I did not want to engage in slapfights about things that happened over 20 years ago, because I am severely ill and all that negativity makes me worse to the point I could be forced to stop working, or end up in a wheelchair, and I just can't do it anymore.

Good thing I have a (better) back up family. My in-laws are saints.

I should see them this weekend.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My sister told me to gently caress off forever because I'm condescending and think I'm better than everyone because I said I have moved on and left my past behind me, and I refuse to get involved in a bunch of slapfights over poo poo that happened 25 years ago. Apparently choosing to surround yourself with positivity makes you a massive bitch.

I can live with that.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Mikl posted:

A dude was being terrible on a local Facebook group, so I reported him. But apparently according to Facebook support "We don't want no fags and no trannies in our town!" isn't hate speech so, you know... Whatever.

gently caress :smith:

Yeah, they're as bad as Twitter. I got reported for saying "White men are terrified of change" and the post got removed for hate speech.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I left work early so I could sleep because I suddenly came on with a raging flu that kept me up all night. Only now I haven't slept all afternoon either. I'm so fuckin tired and sick.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I thought my cold was going to stay a cold, I was even feeling better yesterday. I did, however, only get 2 or 3 hours of sleep then did a busy 8 hour shift yesterday. I went to bed early last night, lots of sleep, but the stress of yesterday did its damage. I woke up with another lung infection this morning and it hurts so much to breathe. I left work after 4 hours today. This always happens, and these lung infections often last for 2 months.

In less than a month I'm due to have surgery on my throat. If I'm sick I can't get it done. This loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Numerous people at work are getting sick with heat stroke and exhaustion because they're being forced to work in 30C+ conditions in a building that's like 400 square feet that funnels thousands of people through each day. There's been days it's been over 10,000 people. A couple days have been 15,000. Not even joking. Someone is going to end up in the hospital or worse. They have no air conditioning and there's a heat wave and there's no plans to fix it. It's insane and cruel.

My location has air con thank god. If I had to do even a single day in that other shop I would probably be dead because I have illnesses that cause severe heat intolerance and I would just end up as one of those people who died in the heatwave.