Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For some reason I can't stop being reminded of my dead ex who committed suicide years ago but was really the love of my life. Every song that has been popping up on the radio has been one that puts a gun to my heart and says, "Oh yeah, he's dead, still dead." I know they say it gets easier over time, but some days its just salt in the wound. I love you, Dom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We've been having an infestation of mice lately that have been getting in and on the top of the stove to nibble our food; and so we have left traps around, with one of the traps being inside the oven when its not being used

Until my dad didn't check before turning the oven this afternoon. No one noticed all the smoke until my mom came home from grocery shopping and we opened the door to find a melted trap and one very roasted rodent. After extraction from the crime scene, his little charred body left a perfect outline as a reminder for their hungry brethren. We didn't eat it.

Rest in delicious peace.

cinni has a new favorite as of 02:46 on Aug 8, 2018

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I went to a picnic last week for all the people attending recovery services in my county. They were having a raffle as well, with some nice prizes, and I waited to hear my number get called. Quality prizes like really pretty backpacks, new sleeping bags, new luggage, crock pots, etc. I hear my ticket called and excitedly come up to collect my prize... a ten dollar gift card to Starbucks. Wtf. I don't even go to starbucks, and if I did, it probably wouldn't buy me more than two things. Of course no one would trade with me, so that pissed me off enough to just go home and buy my own drat, better backpack. I had even found someone else's credit card after parking in the garage, with the cvc number and all, but I handed it over to the event organizers instead. Wtf karma?

So, being in recovery, I am supposed to have random pee tests. Mine came back positive for alcohol when I have 80 days sobriety so far and I was very pissed. Another alcoholic's also came back with a false positive and he went to his real doctor to get a different pee test and got it sorted out. So I retook my test that afternoon, tested positive again, and then went to my real doctor to clear up my results with a new different test. She was supposed to let me know the results on Tuesday but never called until thursday today to 'check up' on me. Oh, sorry, don't have the results yet, I'll let you know tomorrow.... well you better, cause I don't want to look like a liar to my counselors and peers when I know for a fact I haven't drank in nearly 3 months. It doesn't seem as important to her as it is to me to fix this and that irritates me. Plus these are new testing kits that they bought a ton of and if its not reliable enough to give out 2 false positives out of ten tested, then whats the point?

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Spent my thanksgiving dinner with just my parents since the rest of my family is spread far apart or whatever. But instead of having a nice but quiet dinner with my parents, my sex pest neighbor came over and ate with us at the table in near silence. It was so awkward having the guy who sexually harasses you be the only other guest at the table. I didn't even eat any holiday fare, or anything at all really, because the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. My dad has no idea what kind of person this family friend really is, so now it seems like I was just acting pissy for no reason. Oh well.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For a few years, I've been in a long distance relationship with a man in Germany. We love each other very much and are saving money to see each other by the end of the year, but his internet connection has been spotty recently so we haven't been able to talk much lately. It sucks that an internet connection problem can basically cut us off from each other totally, and its a very lonely feeling. Also missing the physical intimacy that comes with relationships, so i dream a lot of being with him but then wake up alone and it makes me depressed for the day. Won't have to always be this way, but for now its really lovely and lonely.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Around midnight, my cat caught a mouse and jumped into bed with me with it in its mouth and proceeded to drop it on my chest while I was semi asleep. I just softly screamed ahhh ahhh ahhhh and she looked confused at my lack of appreciation and took off with it back into the kitchen. Lovely. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I reconnected with a friend from middle school and he totally flakes on ever hanging out. He offers to hang, then either offers cities way far away to go to even though we both don't have that kind of transpiration, or will say lets go to X mall! Ok what time. Well its gonna be crowded, how about Y? Ok what time? Wait what about Z? Over and over and over. I finally just had enough and blocked his rear end cause he is just jerking me around, he had no intention on ever really hanging out and I am annoyed and tired of playing games with him. I hate being pissed off early in the morning. rear end in a top hat.