Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I've been trying to get onto disability for a while now, since I've had terrible migraines my entire life, and have never really been able to work more than 50-60%, and that's at the expense of everything outside of work, including my health and wellbeing.
Now I've finally managed to start the process for it, but to prove that I'm not capable of working fulltime, I have to get a loving second job to work at for an undetermined amount of time, so that the boss + guidance company can testify that I'm sick.
All this on top of/beside of my actual work, which I'll have to tone down despite being far more lucrative than any job I'll be forced to take. Because it would be even shittier if I spend months on a job I hate, just to have them reject my application due to working too much between the 2 jobs.

It's nice to vent a little, but this is going to be lovely and exhausting. My medical history and work history means loving zilch to them.

SubNat has a new favorite as of 18:49 on May 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Covid is still a thing, Covid keeps being a thing.
And people are not rational actors.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I've been losing weight and slowly started getting into exercising more. (Down like 13kg since spring.)
I offhandedly asked a coworker I've gone on a couple hikes with how much he weighs, since we're roughly the same height. And I figured dropping down to his weight could be a nice goal.
Turns out I weigh less than him already, but still look like a big ol' fatso compared to him. (I always assumed he was in the 70kg range (~140?), not 80s.).
So just another reminder that I'm built like a fat dwarf and won't ever look slim.

Also we went on a company hike recently (A pretty hard one, the first 1.5 km or so goes up 780m in elevation.).
And while I was hoping to atleast be in the upper 50%, I was probably in the bottom 25%, and got passed by most of the middle aged office ladies and etc during the way up.

A lot of work and effort and it still feels like I've essentially achieved nothing, gained nothing, seen no real change, and it just feels so goddamn poo poo. Really demotivating, and I've been in a sour mood all week.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Ah poo poo, thanks goons. I've just been in a real funk the last while, but these replies and encouragement have seriously made my day. :unsmith:
I've been struggling with rebuilding my life the last few years, so I've been so obsessed with fixing up and improving everything I can that I haven't really been appreciating the progress I have managed to do.
Really hoping I can hop back and take the same hike again next year and crush it.
(poo poo, it's so dusty in here right now.)

And dam, congrats gschmidl, best of luck with continuing that, and getting off the medication.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The primary renovation (plumbing, bathroom, some elec.) for my apartment was almost finished on friday, so I worked hard all weekend to paint and prep so that everything was in place for the electricians to wrap up the last bit.
Monday, I'm sore as all hell and migrainey, but atleast I got enough done that they can finish.
Unfortunately, the electricians are all either sick or on vacation, so they can't wrap up until next year, and I can't move in to my apartment before christmas like planned.

I think 'oh, at well that means I can take it easy, and wrap up the last couple of walls at a slower pace atleast.'
I wake up this morning and can barely walk, seems like I have tendonitis in one of my ankles, and I still have so much poo poo that needs doing.
Got a washing machine and drier, and almost an actual metric ton of furniture delivered tonight, but even with some help I imagine it's not going to help my foot situation.

God I'm just so tired, I was so looking forwards to rushing a bit so that I could move in and settle in properly over christmas, but now I've got to rush and faff with it next year instead, on top of everything else.
On top of it all my parents are insisting they come celebrate christmas here (Because none of the kids are visiting them this year, and they'll be bored.), to add another cherry on top of this annoying poo poo sundae.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

venus de lmao posted:

My complaint is that I replaced the extruder motor on my 3D printer at the same time that I upgraded to a new firmware (Klipper, which was a headache in itself trying to get it configured for my printer), and once I finally started it up and calibrated a bunch of stuff, the extruder was just not putting through the correct amount of material. So I'm stuck because I was planning on upgrading to a better extruder and a new mainboard at some point. Do I continue to wrestle with the stock board that's probably perfectly fine or do I go ahead and upgrade it now and have to go through the whole process of flashing the firmware and configuring the printer all over again?

Sounds like incorrect e-steps, have you calibrated that? Should just be a couple min of extruding 100mm, adjusting the e-steps, then repeating until it's nice.

If not, we do have s 3d printing thread that can help. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973815

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I've been pretty stressed and burned out dealing with renovating + moving in to the new apartment, I've felt like I've constantly been behind on everything, and poo poo like my old landlord going '8 days? you've got to be out in 4 days.' just made it all the more stressful.
I moved into a partially finished apartment, because the electricians didn't finish for christmas, and then took a 3 week break. Then they didn't do anything for 2 weeks after that.
So I've been living in a partially complete apartment that's been freezing, and had no ceiling lights other than in the bathroom, and no functioning kitchen (thankfully fridge/freezer though.) for 3 weeks now.

They suddenly found out that 'oh poo poo he paid for poo poo we haven't done', and did a fuckton of stuff last week, completely upending my apartment, but doing the stuff they should have done last year.
When I came back on saturday after a company trip, it looked like the only thing that remained was getting my stovetop hooked up. When I came back on monday they'd torn out a bunch of my kitchen cupboards. Today they started on the wall.
Wiring to the stovetop's hosed, earthing issue. Apparently I now need to get a new cable through my bedroom to hook up the stove, because they can't get the old one out either.
This is all poo poo they could have caught and fixed last year if not for the fact that the loving project lead guy never told the electricians they were supposed to do all this poo poo. The moment the new fusebox came in it instantly started tripping on the stovetop-circuit.

I'm so exhausted, and I thought all this poo poo had finally ended, but now I've got to ram through another round of constant electricians running in whenever to do a few min of work, another couple days of dreading every loving time I come back home.
loving christ I'm so tired. It's so utterly loving lovely standing at the goal line, finally thinking I could lower my shoulders, and now every loving day my apartment is more busted, and broken open.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Bike got stolen from the indoor bike shed in my apartment complex.
They left most of the bikes, only grabbed the 2?3? ebikes, including mine even though mine was chained down, didn't have the battery, or control unit.

The indoor bike room hasn't even been open for a month or two, but the entrance door is completely secluded.
So of course someone broke in, when they don't even have a fake security cam to cover it.

It's a leased bike too, so it's probably going to be incredibly annoying to deal with if insurance doesn't just write me a blank check.
The weather is nice and I was looking forwards to biking again.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

On a work trip and rooming with a colleague I thought I was becoming friends with, since we'd done a couple things outside of work.
But after he'd drank a bit and returned to the room he had obviously been annoyed with me, and told me that he only ever agreed to stuff because he felt obligated to, and he never wanted to do any of the things we had done.
(Even though he's the one who invited me the first couple of times. Because apparently he loves to make plans when buzzed.)

We had a talk and set stuff straight, but that just means I'll be dropping all contact with him outside of work. Feels really bad.
My lovely insecurity has been going 'you're just bothering him, why would he want to be friends with you?', and it's just so poo poo to have it validated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

...until her previous best friend moved back from out of state. S decided to cut me loose, and the best way to do that was for her, her new best friend, and me to have lunch together, where they gave me a handwritten, both sides filled out, two page list of all the things wrong with me.

loving hell that's vicious and lovely, so sorry you had to endure that.

And thanks goons, I'm glad to have a finality like that to it, because the push and pull, and constant second guessing involved with him was pretty stressful. Having an actual conclusion where he just honestly started it out like that sucks, but it's way better than months or maybe years of drawn out uncertainty. Now he's just 'A Guy at Work'.

(Really frustrating, since he's been a huge positive influence on my life the last year, with me getting more into shape, and actually asking for + accepting help from the people around me. But people are complicated like that.)