Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
gently caress me
This past week I got the flu, unexpectedly lost my dog to liver failure, found out my older sister is going blind, and now today I find out that my younger sister who has just moved interstate almost successfully committed suicide a few months ago.
I am going to take a Valium and lie down for the rest of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
I am freaked the gently caress out because the next door neighbors just about burned their loving house down, I smelled smoke and looked outside to see 6 foot flames shooting up their back staircase from a big pile of paper and cardboard they had stuffed underneath, thank gently caress it's an old brick and concrete deal and not one of the new chipboard places with the super flammable composite cladding.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
I am loosing my job this week, the ongoing pandemic shutdown on international travel killed the airline contracts I worked on and with government support ending there is just nothing that can be done about it. I really don't want to go back to jumping through hoops to get centerlink payments again, having to go to a disability employment agency appointment three times a week just to be treated like a piece of poo poo for not instantly getting a new job sucks.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
For the first time in like 5 years I actually need my birth certificate for something and all I find are tattered remains and some kind of tiny arsehole beetles I have never before seen in my life, It's going to be a ripe pain in the arse to get a replacement and I'll be lucky if I can get one before February.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Oh it's been just an utterly ratfaced shitfucking arsehole week, it started with finding out my dog has cancer then we all got to watch russia invade Ukraine and now half of my home town is underwater.
I can't help but wonder what other loving delights 2022 has in store for us, goodness knows our fuckwit pm scummo will find a new way be completely loving useless.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
The water pipes the water heater and the washing machine decided to all break within a span of a week so I'm down like 3 grand for replacements and repairs on top of the land tax and the water bill this month, my siblings are fighting over a damaged car and now I think I have the flu,
I'm not gonna complain about getting jury duty as well, at least they pay you for that.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
I woke up at 3am to find several millipedes crawling around in my bed with me, now I'm tired and can't stop feeling itchy.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Had a bad reaction to a new medication and had to work all day feeling like caustic poison was being pumped into my neck and head while icy raindrops struck my face.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
I knew this was coming but still held out a little hope that it wouldn't.

So for a little backstory 10 weeks or so ago I got summoned for jury duty, something I'd rather not have to do but not the end of the world, anyway I turned up and they led us into the courtroom for selection and I get picked right off the bat, oh well what are you going to do. So I'm sitting there while they read out the charges and more charges oh god there are so many loving charges like ten pages worth and then the witness list all 100+ of them and I'm desperately hoping that I know somebody anybody so I can excuse myself from this six week trial but I come up empty. The jury selection is completed and the judge sends us into the jury room only to bring us back out again immediately and calls me up to talk with them, they tell me I am excused from the jury and free to go, I head home and think nothing more of it.

Everything is all fine and dandy till I go back to work and my supervisor pulls my aside and asks some oddly probing questions about my jury duty before finally leveling with me, the reason I got off the jury is that the person on the stand that day was owner and director of the company I work at, holy poo poo!

Now comes today and I find out me and 40 something other people only have one day of work left because the company is shutting down forever, the kicker is that this was one of the chillest nicest places full of great people I have ever worked at.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
I just found out one of my oldest neighbors and friends died of undiagnosed cancer, he was a really great bloke to be around and basically like extended family to me and my siblings, I remember one time he brought over his goats for us to mind for a week and they ate all my dads beets and onions.

Edit: gently caress me I just got word one of my sweet little nieces managed to tip a cup of hot water and get burns bad enough to need a graft, my heart hurts today.(figuratively don't send an ambulance my way)

coldpudding has a new favorite as of 10:20 on Jan 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Had to say goodbye to one the sweetest most loving dogs I have ever met, it's only been 48 hours between first signs of illness and having to put her to sleep, loving cancer I'm so loving sick of cancer, cancer can go gently caress it's self with a rake.