Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

We Know Catheters posted:

I had coffee and burritos and I still can't poo poo

Eat some undercooked chicken, or take antibiotics. I've had diarrhea for 4 days now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Besesoth posted:

I've had bronchitis all week and can't get an appointment with my doctor until Monday. I'm completely useless and missing work. :(

Yikes, I'm glad you went in. I hope you're okay!

I'm reminded of the time I slipped in the shower and hit my head; I knew I wanted to go to the ER but couldn't read the keypad on my phone to dial 911, so I decided to just drive in. :doh: it's a miracle I'm still alive.

I've started ubering to the hospotal/ urgent care whenever I need to get because a) ambulance always take some me to the shittiest hospital within a 10 mile radius and b) uber is $20 and an ambulance ride is at LEAST $300

Recently I got some really nasty cuts, doc said one apparently hit a vein because it would NOT stop bleeding. Had to uber myself to the urgent care. The problem with UCs is that they mostly employ the doctors that were at the bottom of their class. The stitches closed up the wounds but they left giant red scars because the doc didn't do the stitches properly. I had to get stitches before and I couldn't see the scar now if I tried.

Oh yeah and recently my health issues flared up which is cool (sarcasm) because I've been missing a lot of work. Luckily I'm not fired yet but who knows.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 03:06 on Oct 9, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Checked myself into the hospital because I had a horrible panic attack and I feel like a total dumbass. It wasn't necessary at all. Then I had another one IN the hospital cause they said they might want to keep me there cause my heart rate was a little elevated so they had to give me Ativan and Valium. I just feel really, really stupid for going to an ER for a loving panic attack. I also spent $30 on uber to get there because the hospitals around me are loving terrible, so I have to go to the suburbs to go to a good hospital, and I don't have a job so I shouldn't be spending ANY money. But I HAD to use uber because an ambulance will only take me to the horrible crackhead-filled hospital with TERRIBLE doctors that's down the street from me. I asked the EMTs once if they could take me to a different one.but they say protocol says no. Plus now I'm going to get thousands of dollars of doctors bills, hooray!

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 08:43 on Dec 5, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I got electrocuted by pulling out a cord from an outlet--one of those "safe" ones with the safety trip switches or whatever. The plug was like 2" away from the outlet and it arced. Got a nice shock. My arm and hand are still numb and this was 3 hours ago. Whoever installed and/or repaired the lovely wiring in my building, thanks, I could have died! :thumbsup:

Update: got a nice electrical burn, it's just forming now. Yay.

Update 2: I thought maybe it was just the item so I just 1/2 hour ago plugged in a different item, used it, then pulled it and BAM! Giant blue spark! :iceburn: luckily this time it was one of those big rear end 3 pronged adapters so I didn't get shocked but maaaan.

My blister is pouring out liquid nicely, and my hand and arm feel mostly normal now.

Gonna contact some people ASAP.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 09:36 on Dec 6, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Eh it's been almost 15 hours and I'm still alive. I do have 2 little burns on the side of my finger but they're not significant. Plus like I said in a previous post the hospital nearby sucks and I don't have another $30 to spend on uber, AND I was at the good ER yesterday and had to get a bunch of anti-anxiety meds so they'd REALLY think I was a drug seeker. They'd just give me a bandaid cause I'm in the ER relatively often for various reasons so they very likely don't believe me about anything anyways. Also $$$, :911: , etc. In any case, if I die, I'll leave an ugly corpse :rip:

Oh and there's no way to shut off that outlet because of said lovely wiring. I can't remember exactly what it is but it's something ridiculous like the stove is connected to the a/c outlet and one of the two outlets in a bedroom is connected to the fridge outlet. One, not both. Also, asbestos wire insulation. Good old asbestos. OOOh and one of the circuit breakers is so hard to move to shut it off that one time I had to call a maintenance guy to do it, and even he had trouble moving the thing. Someone also drilled a hole in one of them where it shouldn't be.

Living in a death trap. Good times.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 09:53 on Dec 6, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Turns out the fire extinguisher on my floor is LOCKED IN A BOX WITH A KEY. So if my wonderful electrocutioning socket sets on fire I'll have to wait like 15 or more minutes until some maintenance guy comes with a key. If they even have one. And knowing them they'd just call 911, AFTER me calling the front desk, which would take even longer. If I had access to the thing the fire would be out. E: yes I can call 911 myself but the front desk people are going to be difficult with the firemen, and they'd call me to confirm or some poo poo.

E: I guess I can smash the glass open, unless it's some special glass that you can't break, like a car windshield. Plus there's the risk of hitting the extinguisher.

Ugh I know how to use one and I currently and very mad at my old rear end garbage building. They shut off the water for TWELVE HOURS to fix some pipes. I know it's necessary to replace them because they are super old but it was a very smelly inconvenience (toilet no work).

E3: omg fire extinguishers are so expensive. Guess I'll just die once again :rip:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 17:03 on Dec 7, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

I've seen a lot of extinguishers in locked glass cases but also have giant text that reads to break it in case of fire. It keeps people from stealing them or setting them off for fun.

There's no sign saying "break in case of fire." I wouldn't be surprised if the glass doesn't even break or it's actually plastic or something.

ryonguy posted:

As far as I know, that's a straight-up firecode violation and you should ah hell who am I kidding your company doesn't give a poo poo and neither does the local municipality that probably relies on them for the lion share of their tax base.

The city I live in is notorious for politicians being crooks and being super sketchy so it doesn't surprise me.

Elizabethan Error posted:

it's also a violation of OSHA's regulations re: extinguishers. contact them and make your landlord their problem

Hmmm good idea. I'll look into that.

I'm 99.9% sure the extinguisher has just been attached to the wall for ever and this is a super new thing. It's a nice building so they shouldn't be worried about loving fire extinguisher theft.
E: was googling locked fire extinguisher cabinets and the one in my building doesn't look like any of the ones online. It's probably just some random Home Depot shelf.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Dec 8, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I do want to mention that my apartment is clean as hell and the stairwell is 5 feet from my door so I can escape within seconds of something DOES happen, and I also have smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in all rooms. So if anything happens I can escape with ease. I am; however, going to get fire extinguishers installed in all the rooms.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I just literally got a burn show up near my wrist despite not having being electric burned since my last post. The front of my arm hurts when I move it, especially the place around it. Whoever said burns can take 72 hours to show up was right. My forearm past the middle to the front hurts when I move it. Really weird. Left hand is more numb than the right when I like, compare them by moving them around, like just rotating them in a fun circle.

I haven't had any heart issues as far as I know so that's good.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 21:06 on Dec 9, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Another update: talked to my electrician bf who explained there's an entry and exit wound, which appears to be true because of that blister burn on my finger and some red mark on my left arm that looks like a scratch but isn't. Apparently there's another one on my forearm, and I have a big scar there that was pink but now is bright loving red. He also said that from this all I'll probably get some nerve damage, if anything. The numbness in my arm is gone but below my wrist on my arm feels weird, not like a pulled muscle, it's like, internal.

Electricity sucks.

I got 2 fire extinguishers today so I'm happy now.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 09:56 on Dec 11, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I used to hate working on holidays but now that I'm poor I do care: I'm missing out approx $50 because my store is closed and that's a lot of money for broke me.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

The Black Stones posted:

It’s Christmas and I think someone in my family passed on some kind of stomach virus or something because I’m spending the majority of the day in the bathroom. The worst part is I work retail in Canada so I can’t call in sick tomorrow or I’m going to be fired. Taking a bunch of stomach medicine so I’m hoping it will do the job within a day.

Wait, Canada does the retail-job:call-off-sick=fire thing too? I thought Canada was good?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

The Black Stones posted:

For Boxing Day? My management has outright said if you don’t even call it’s an outright firing and they expect you there unless it’s something EXTREME. It’s pretty much Canadian Black Friday.

Also I live in Alberta which is Texas-lite and I looked in labour laws when I got fired from a previous job I had for no reason given. I found out you can be fired here for any reason they want, they just either have to give you pay or notice based on an amount of time you’ve been working for.

So yeah, just as lovely.

Wow :aaaaa:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Today I realized that a manager I befriended, and who now is now disliked by my company, may use texts I sent to her complaining about stuff could be used against me if she shows them to other people. I should really trust NO ONE.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

cyberia posted:

Never send a text message or email that you wouldn't want read out in a court room :tinfoil:

Yeah I’ve realized this and now won’t text anything private to anyone at work especially. I have drama type things that I would like to talk to someone and the only people who would understand is coworkers but I can’t talk to them because then word would spread out etc etc. So I have no one to talk to about said drama-type thing. I am very sad. At least I have my cats who are silly and make me laugh :smith:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Woke up early. Watched documentary about Waco and they are talking about kids burning to death. Cut to commercial about Chucky Cheeze.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My manager wrote me up for some dumb thing which everyone else has done multiple times and they’ve never been written up. Also, she was saying poo poo like “you’re not a manager you don’t tell people what to do” and I’m not gonna get into the story but what she said is 100% bullshit.

My work is full of drama and cliques that chose someone to bully.

She was mean to me all day and was angry that I asked her to leave at 2:45 (when I was scheduled to leave at 2:00) cause I had a vet appointment. She didn’t say bye to me.

I don’t know what the gently caress but apparently her boss is gonna talk to me tomorrow when I’m reality I did nothing wrong.

I know that these two other people are starting drama and I think she’s mad cause her boss likes me.

It is also possible that she had PMS but like, don’t let that affect you.

Ugh

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Intoluene posted:

I recommend not saying that part when your boss speaks to you. The rest is good.

I would never say anything like that to her or anyone. It was just internal mental thoughts.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Cowslips Warren posted:

Called out sick to take cat to vet.

Similar:

I was scheduled till 2pm and I stayed till 2:45 and when I asked store manager to let me leave cause I had a vet appt she got all mad at me. There were other employees there, she didn’t need me.

She’s been all drama to me recently and was soooo rude and mean to me talking down to me like I was mentally incapacitated . I felt like poo poo. Today was especially bad.

Drama is poo poo but on the plus side I stood up for myself and took my cat to the vet and got her her medicine. gently caress drama, but still sucks to be talked to like I’m mentally incapacitated.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Astrofig posted:

So I just finished this months-long career training program, did the clinicals, got my certificate, all seemed aces, but when it comes to actually getting a job it's all 'that position was for an internal candidate' and 'there are almost never available positions at *one of the few hospitals within reasonable commuting distance*' and 'that shift is no longer available'. Getting a job was supposed to be the easy part, fuckdammit!

Also I can't get my meds refilled until I see my doctor again, which won't happen for another month. Yippie, gotta keep trucking along with unregulated moods and a hamster's attention span, garnished with anxiety. That's a great look for interviews!

Can’t you ask your doctor for an emergency supply? Any non-lovely doctor would do so because they wouldn’t want their patient getting into withdrawals.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I went to bed late but was hoping for a solid 8 hours of sleep but nope, body wakes up first 4-5 hours before my alarm, which I was able to rectify by taking Benadryl, but now my body woke up 2 hours before my alarm, and I can’t get back to sleep this time and I’m not going to take any more Benadryl. This run-on sentence brought to you by: lack of proper sleep. I just want to sleep :smith:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The first degree burn I got at work may actually be a second degree burn.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
First they moved my favorite manager to another store so I didn’t see him for like 6 months. Then they move me to his store but not even a month later they move him away again, today, and I only found out today. I am legitimately sad :smith:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

MisterBibs posted:

My body decided to flip a coin on how it'd feel today (tired and exhausted or fidgety and anxious), and it landed on the edge.

I’m both, every day. Also tie in the fact that something is wrong with my brain to the point that I think I have a brain tumor or something. Every day is a bad day.

Not trying to compete, I’m just sad&frustrated I guess :smith:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

We Know Catheters posted:

The past couple of times I've gone to the bathroom, it's looked like their was a murder in the toilet afterwards.

If your piss or poo poo is bright red it’s very serious and you HAVE to go to a doctor.

If it’s just diarrhea just take some pesto bismol.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Or the poster is a girl and it's her period

Women know when it’s period blood red and can tell the difference if it’s something else. Women like, know their bodies.

Also, period red blood lasts for like, a day or two, and only if you’re using pads. The more you know :eng101:

Another consideration is that you could have eaten beets. One time I went to a Russian party and ate a ton of beet salad, forgot I ate it when the next day I was peeing crazy red and I was freaking out until I remembered... beets.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I heard two songs today that make me weep uncontrollably and I HAVE NO IDEA WHY. There’s no memory tied to either of them. I guess just the chords and notes strike a ...chord.. with me?

It really sucks to try to hide loving tears that come when some song comes on.

It’s only these 2 song:

Boys of Summer by Don Henley

And

Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd

But ESPECIALLY Boys of Summer

It just sucks cause I hate crying and I feel like emotional pain hearing them and bleh.

E: I am dumb and started playing Bous of Summer and started crying. I hate my brain.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 02:02 on Apr 30, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I apparently haven’t been paid the right salary for about a month; my GM is trying to get me back pay but it sucks and I don’t even know if they’re gonna do It—give me the money they owe me. In addition, I physically had to go into the system and change my salary to the CORRECT ONE so it reflected on payroll cause they didn’t even do that when she realized what was wrong!!! My gm didn’t even know that she had to do that :psyduck:

I want my goddamn back pay.

And if they give me ANY poo poo about the overtime I’ve worked (overtime=baaaaaad) well maybe you should fix this location so I don’t have to work 10hr over time every week. I’m probably gonna get written up for this massive amount of overtime, lol.

I should be paid way more and promoted cause I know/do more than everyone else but I think the area manager is scared of me cause I point out poo poo he does wrong in my nightly emails (I don’t say his name, I just say “x is still broken” and that’s something he should have fixed but hasn’t been). So he’s just nasty and mean to me.

So many people at my job are mad, it’s crazy.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Steakandchips posted:

This is the sort of poo poo you go to the labour board or something with.

Labour board? Lol this is AMERICA :patriot:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Leavemywife posted:

As it turns out, it was a "threat" from someone in an adult foster care home, who has no access to weaponry, and who shouldn't have been able to get hands on a phone. So, I didn't get murdered at work. Yay!

Awesome :woop:

Unfortunately this is the bad thread so I have to post bad stuff.

No one respects me at work; or, they DO but aren’t allowed by higher up management to promote me. I got my pay raise (I had to enter it myself in the computer system lol) but now I’m waiting on back pay cause I was supposed to be getting this salary 5 weeks ago. I need my money, and I need it NOW! To quote one of those sketchy lawyer commercials.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I forgot that they’re spraying for bugs this week. I had meant to clean up the bras and random junk laying around in my apartment but my brain is broken so I forgot and plus I’ve been crazy busy with work. It’s not like a horder apartment, it’s just a bit messy, but messy enough that I’m embarrassed. In any case the bug guys came in and I am very embarrassed. They also opened the door to my bedroom to see me, having just woken up, disheveled, drowsily saying, “hello?.” They probably thought I was gonna kill them cause they didn’t even lock the door when they left.I guess I look so hideous that people just run away :smith:

Also I am worried they didn’t do the spraying, but I did hear my cabinets opening. They have always left a note but I didn’t get one this time. So did they spray for bugs?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

Agreed. Suffering is subjective. Complain away.

Agreed. As creator of this thread, I wholeheartedly support complaining.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

loving UPS driver didn't even knock or even make an attempt to actually deliver my parcel. Just left a sticker which we heard him leave on our door because we were both home. Saw him walk away empty handed and assumed he left the package on our step. They were the ankle braces I've been desperately waiting for for over a week. I am so loving mad. And now I have to go pick them up at the loving airport. It's after 7 pm. Just loving knock!

Afaik they have some insane quota of delivering x packages in tiny y period of time so to meet that quota they just leave the sticker instead even trying to knock, cause that takes time.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Steakandchips posted:

This is UPS' problem, not Picnic Princess'.

Yeah I was explaining why UPS did what they did.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
How did you both get a job in 2 weeks

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I complained so much to so many people already that I can’t complain anymore.

I had the worst day ever at work because my area manager is a piece of poo poo moron.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I can’t loving fall asleep and I’ve tried every trick in the book. I’m 100% sure it’s due to anxiety but it won’t go away no matter how many times I talk to my brain not to worry. I have prescribed sleeping pills but I don’t want to be stupid and mix medications (took anti anxiety pill earlier). I can’t just get up and do stuff because my body is sooo tired and is in severe pain. This really sucks.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 05:13 on Jun 21, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I hate my job. I got chastised for doing something extremely right that; if I hadn’t done, would have caused a ton of problems.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

MisterBibs posted:

You think a night-to-morning shift is hard, imagine your scheduler is a reality warper and it's a day-to-previous-day shift.

Sounds like standard management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Oh my loving god. One of the other managers hosed up massively and the area manager hates me for some reason so I guess he assumed I do the same poo poo so he shows up at 9:30 (we close at 10) and we’re doing closing procedures a bit early like EVERY OTHER STORE IN THIS COMPANY INCLUDING THE AREA MANAGERS BEST FRIEND so he proceeds to throw poo poo around and prevent us from doing anything until 10pm. I tried to hold it in but I was so pissed I went up to him and told him that EVERYONE does this and he is just silent like he always does to me when I say anything to him cause he hates me. He spent the whole night texting, talking down to a good employee (who, when rear end in a top hat left, said she’s putting in her 2 weeks notice tomorrow), then left right at 10 without even bothering to help us clean. The staff usually get out at 10:20/10:30 and I get out at 11:00 cause I’m the manager and I have lots of paperwork to do, but today the poor staff got out at 11:30! And the girl who’s gonna quit lives 2 hours away in a lovely neighborhood. I took a loving uber home and my cats were STARVING. Also I just left most of the paperwork on the desk and I’m just gonna say “oops I forgot” cause guck if I’m gonna stay till 12:30 and even if I did stay they would just edit my hours for like, “didn’t work fast enough” or some poo poo. Also, this rear end in a top hat doesn’t believe that I have health issues and refused to look at my medical papers when I offered them because ??? But I swear to Cat God that if they fire me or even cut my hours cause of my heath issues (I recently missed a bunch of days cause I had GODDAMN SEIZURES) I’m going to a loving lawyer.