Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Aesop Poprock posted:

Get out of retail by any means possible

It’s not really retail but close. It’s preventing me from sleeping so at this rate I’m gonna get there by like 5:30. I went to bed late so I was planning on getting there at 7. I’ll get everything done on time unlike usual where I don’t (minor things that really don’t need to be done, I get all the important stuff done, and I wasn’t trained by corporate so I don’t know time management as well as I could) but I wanted to sleep in.

Oh did I mention I got written up the next day by that rear end in a top hat area manager for aforementioned poo poo in that post, when everyone else was doing the same thing? With the punishment being “demoted or possibly fired”??? And no one else got written up??? I was so stressed that day that I got an ulcer and couldn’t work most of that night; I’m shocked I didn’t get written up for THAT cause I didn’t complete a bunch of things I had to do. I had my 3 days off after that but then I got another ulcer yesterday and couldn’t function AGAIN abut I did my drat best and did a ton of stuff despite having to sit in the back and die a bunch of times. Thank god the night manager comes in early on Sundays so I could leave a little early but tomorrow I’ll have to wait till 4 so if I’m dying again I get to wait it out, yay. Also, the area manager calls every day around 8:30 just to check up on how things are going, and late on Sundays because that’s technically his day off but he called at 7:30 I guess cause he didn’t think I’d show up??? I’ve never missed a morning shift EVER even if I’m sick as hell.

And couple of weeks ago I got yelled at by him for transferring some items from another store; which, again, EVERYONE does and I’ve done a billion times before. He also always tears down signs that I put up like “don’t throw away [x] items unless they’re totally broken because they’re very expensive,” which is IMPORTANT because our Cost of Goods is really high and I care???

This guy has it out for me and I don’t know why. He also never used to be like this, I don’t know wtf happened. He just went insane. I don’t give a gently caress if he has personal problems but he shouldn’t take it out on employees, and especially not me cause I am (ok was, I don’t give too much of a gently caress after that write-up) one of the hardest-working employees.

Anyways enjoy my :words: , I talked to my dad yesterday and asked him for advice and he gave lots of good advice and I’m gonna explore a ton of stuff he recommended. Already applied at the animal shelter that’s hiring for a full-time position and asked an old professor who liked me for some advice, and gonna straighten the poo poo out of my portfolio and go to my old school’s career center once it’s straightened out cause it’s a bit of a mess right now.

E: tried to sleep in my crazy cat pajama that’s made of that weird soft and super warm polyester material but I’m just comfy in bed but can’t fall asleep. But it has a tail!

It’s pretty much this but black. I got it at Target kind of like a joke but it’s warm and comfy, and currently I thought it would help me sleep—I don’t wear it very often unless I’m freezing. Don’t judge me.

....A cat is now laying on me.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 11:16 on Jul 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I was gonna go to IKEA with my friend today but she has back problems and they're acting up today so she can't go. So I have a choice of going to IKEA myself, which is an hour away, or ordering online, but the earliest they can deliver is Aug 10. I want that bookshelf ASAP due to current life events.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Didn’t take medication on time, on verge of panic attack. Same thing happened a few days ago except I thought I’d be fine to get some groceries but nope! Threw up all over the floor and the manager came over and gave the loudest audible sigh in existence. Thanks, rear end in a top hat! 50+ people around and the one one that helped me was an obese guy in a motorized scooter who got me some water. Anyways today I won’t leave the bed until my medicine kicks in fully.

2 lousy poo poo days to complain about!

Just FYI: I’m not intentionally being irresponsible, my work schedule is such that I work 5am some days and 12 pm some days and I’m so tired recently that I 2x now unintentionally/sleepily shut of my 4am alarm on the 12pm days.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

Numerous people at work are getting sick with heat stroke and exhaustion because they're being forced to work in 30C+ conditions in a building that's like 400 square feet that funnels thousands of people through each day. There's been days it's been over 10,000 people. A couple days have been 15,000. Not even joking. Someone is going to end up in the hospital or worse. They have no air conditioning and there's a heat wave and there's no plans to fix it. It's insane and cruel.

My location has air con thank god. If I had to do even a single day in that other shop I would probably be dead because I have illnesses that cause severe heat intolerance and I would just end up as one of those people who died in the heatwave.

Our HVAC broke yesterday and it’s 90 degrees in our store. Knowing our area manager, it won’t be fixed for weeks, maybe even months.

Speaking of the area manager, him and the GM of the store are loving with peoples hours—adjusting them, as well as pay rates; which, in most cases, is illegal due to the pay raise law that just passed.

Oh you better believe I’m calling the regional director tomorrow, and if that doesn’t work, I’m calling the owner of the company.

I hope this piece of garbage area manager gets fired.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I just found out my piecrcer passed away.

I was getting two piercings put back in cause it’s ~illegal~ or whatever the gently caress to have a Monroe and whatever. I was already thinking in the back of my head that I’m not gonna take these out next time cause we’re gonna get a bad score regardless (corporate rates us). I’m already swollen as poo poo and I’m pain and now my piercer is dead. gently caress you corporate, you’re the one who deserves to die.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

BioEnchanted posted:

Feel better!

At work we've had a really bad ant problem on one of the windowsills - we had an exterminator in on monday but they've come back!

I was on the bus and felt something on my hand and looked at my hand and it was a big rear end ant. I already looked like a hobo cause I was carrying two giant bags so I don’t think shaking my hand and blowing on it helped.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

DrBouvenstein posted:

My dachshund, Chester, couldn't walk yesterday. Took him to the emergency vet and they confirmed it was a slipped disc. He stayed there overnight and got a surgeon consult and CT scan this morning.

Even with surgery he has maybe a 50% chance of ever walking again, and reduced quality of life.

I'm in a bathroom stall at work just trying not to cry.

Hey man I had the same problem. Make ABSOLUTE sure they do fenestration when they do the surgery. Get water therapy and physical therapy. Make sure he doesn’t jump whatsoever or run after the surgery, and get one of those body collars, NEVER use a neck collar. My dachshund is 100% recovered now. Don’t worry, it may turn out fine. I’m here if you have any questions, PM me if you want.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
As for me, my mom calls me this morning to yell at me and calls me selfish and all sorts of other poo poo. Then some guy at work I was trying to help cause they’re loving all of us over sent me a threatening text. I blocked him but it hurt. And I just woke up to this poo poo. Everyone at work hates me too and the store and area manager hate me too because they’re crazy. I don’t know whether to cry, be angry, or down a huge bottle of vodka.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

Why do hospitals play Food Network on their TVs when surgery patients aren't allowed to eat. I'm so hungry.

When I worked at food service we had people call in from the ER for delivery of giant food orders because “I’m starving.” We couldn’t deny it cause we’re not medical people so we would have to deliver like, huge pizzas to people in the ER :psyduck: :negative:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

Lol what the gently caress. Isn't there a rule stating no food or drink in the unit? For sanitary reasons? My gift shop has stickers on our door so people don't get our toys dirty. That's crazy.

The nurses and doctors most likely said "you can't have this" once they found out he got food but we couldn't have denied the order due to $$$

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 19:08 on Aug 14, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Eh just it’s realizations or my own paranoia.

I hate my brain.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I’m taking long walks after work to relax and get exercise. Well today, I walked 1.5 miles to the bus stop. Then I realized I forgot my medicine at work. Anti-seizure medicine. So I walked 3 miles to get it. I have hyperhidrosis (I sweat like crazy) so I came in dripped in sweat. Then I went in the safe, where my medicine is cause someone was stealing it, and this one guy came in after me to silently check on me cause they all think I’m on illegal drugs because sometimes I fall asleep in the back cause I sleep FOUR HOURS today and yesterday cause I have to wake up at 5 am!!! And i have chronic insomnia!

Anyways summary is that I looked like a crack addict and they’re gonna tell the GM and possibly the area manager about this. Then I will be in trouble probably.

Edit: I completely forgot it’s august and I need to get a flu shot (gonna get it Wednesday if I remember) and I need to renew my city sticker which is $90 and I have at minimum $50 of medical bills and I think I’m behind on my rent but I have severe anxiety so I’m too scared to check. :smith:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 00:53 on Aug 21, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Stories of mental health aren't funny to me anymore.

Stories of mental health were funny at one point?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Besesoth posted:

Earlier this year my grandmother was diagnosed with intestinal cancer and put on hospice care; her treatment is palliative but not curative.

Today I found out she's got sepsis from the catheters she's had placed, and because she's in hospice care and can't take oral antibiotics, they're not treating that either. So she's almost certainly going to die in the next week.

Happy birthday to me. :toot:

YeahTubaMike posted:

My cat died early this evening. He was 12 years old, and he was my first cat.

I’m really sorry you guys :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Fellow awesome goon is in hospice care :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Same, one of my first days in retail back when I was 20 some guy was talking to me about the product and then grabbed my shoulder and said “you’re really hot.” Then walked away.

Yes I look very hot in my big corporate mandated logo shirt.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

DrBouvenstein posted:

You're right, sorry to you goons.

Just working through poo poo and shouldn't be taking it out on others.

Already had to make a bunch of awkward phone calls to friends and family last night, now I've got to make a bunch more to the wedding venue people, photographer, etc... to cancel and say goodbye my money.

And to top it off, my dog still isn't able to walk after slipping a disc and having emergency surgery last month, and I twisted my ankle REALLY bad on Saturday and I"m still limping along and in a bunch of physical pain to match my emotional pain.

It's been a real fun month.

EDIT: Well, just left the ER...the twist/sprain of my ankle is a break... I've been walking on a loving broken ankle for 4 days. Just a real nice topper to everything else.

poo poo dude... I’m really sorry :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Some drunk lunatic was following me on my nightly walk after work. I work in a super rich neighborhood but it’s in the city so there are some weirdos around. I walk through the tree lined streets cause it’s relaxing but I had to walk super fast to the main/big street to get away from this guy.

2nd time this has happened within the past 5 years; first time, I ran into the garage of my building cause a rapist was following me. Speed, direction, side of street, etc.

I enjoy being a woman :smith:

(I have pepper spray in my pocket so I can blind them but still ugh you ruined my walk you gently caress).

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

a very wet possum posted:

severe alcoholism, divorce

Welcome to the club

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
E: what I really meant was :same: but also was your divorce also due to the alcoholism? You don’t have to respond but that was my case in my divorce :smith:

E2: cause I started the divorce process when I was drunk.

E3: not drinking anymore, don’t drink. If you are drinking a whole lot every day you can die if you stop, consult doctor before quitting cold turkey.

Content: remembering this poo poo as soon as I wake up has made my day lovely! Yay! (No offense to wet possum)

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 13:54 on Sep 20, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

cinni posted:

I went to a picnic last week for all the people attending recovery services in my county. They were having a raffle as well, with some nice prizes, and I waited to hear my number get called. Quality prizes like really pretty backpacks, new sleeping bags, new luggage, crock pots, etc. I hear my ticket called and excitedly come up to collect my prize... a ten dollar gift card to Starbucks. Wtf. I don't even go to starbucks, and if I did, it probably wouldn't buy me more than two things. Of course no one would trade with me, so that pissed me off enough to just go home and buy my own drat, better backpack. I had even found someone else's credit card after parking in the garage, with the cvc number and all, but I handed it over to the event organizers instead. Wtf karma?

So, being in recovery, I am supposed to have random pee tests. Mine came back positive for alcohol when I have 80 days sobriety so far and I was very pissed. Another alcoholic's also came back with a false positive and he went to his real doctor to get a different pee test and got it sorted out. So I retook my test that afternoon, tested positive again, and then went to my real doctor to clear up my results with a new different test. She was supposed to let me know the results on Tuesday but never called until thursday today to 'check up' on me. Oh, sorry, don't have the results yet, I'll let you know tomorrow.... well you better, cause I don't want to look like a liar to my counselors and peers when I know for a fact I haven't drank in nearly 3 months. It doesn't seem as important to her as it is to me to fix this and that irritates me. Plus these are new testing kits that they bought a ton of and if its not reliable enough to give out 2 false positives out of ten tested, then whats the point?

They probably just picked them up at CVS/Walgreens/etc.

Mine:
The loving smoke detector battery decided to die at loving 5 am and I’d gone to bed late and after a long shift, but nooooooo. At first my VERY 95% ASLEEP brain thought it was my cats were dragging some clothes under the door (wtf) but then I wake up all the way and it’s BEEP. BEEP. Every 30 seconds. I was about to rip it out of the ceiling ripping the (asbestos) wires (it’s also connected to the wiring in my building) and smash the gently caress out of it. Now I’m wide awake.

At least I had a carbon monoxide detector that doesn’t beep when removing the battery so I just used that one, clumsily got up on one of my bar stools—almost fell cause goddamn I’m tired—and fixed it. Could barely get the stupid thing back on the ceiling. And I hope My 80 year olds buildings pipes don’t burst and blast gas everywhere any time soon cause I know I’m gonna forget to get more batteries for the carbon monoxide one. Cause I keep forgetting to get one for the bedroom cm detector.

Aaaargh I tried to fix a typo and somehow hit the language button and it changed to Russian! Goddamnit!!! пошёл на хуй iphone.

E: I ate something and now I have heartburn YAYYYYYY

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 12:48 on Sep 28, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My thread has turned into a gross poo poo show.

Please post real issues, thanks.

Content!!! I was in the suburbs and decided to wake up at 4:30 to drive back to avoid traffic (30 min instead of an hour if I had left later) but now I can’t fall back asleep. I had been considering waking up at 8 and I really should have cause I have to work a 10 hour shift and I’m gonna die from exhaustion.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

And Tyler Too! posted:

It'll grow back, in like two years apparently. Still I'd rather have it than not.

2 years? I've unintentionally lost toenails and they grow back fully in like 3 months.

My day is lovely because I have insomnia so I woke up twice this night and this time I can't fall back asleep, and I have to work a 12 hour shift in 6 hours. And I slept like 6 hours in the past 2 days. Gonna die :)

Oh and the stupid assholes above me who always drill in the middle of the night, some lady is stomping around in heels at 5 goddamn am, why are you wearing heels and waking all over your apartment?! Heels aren't comfortable! These people must have some sexual addiction to loud noise or something, I've NEVER had this problem with anyone living above me, and I've lived here 11 years.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 11:59 on Oct 15, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Lost my job, and plus my best friend didn't even send me a "happy birthday" text. Same day. Happy birthday to me.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Sid Vicious posted:

Happy birthday I hope you are able to find a new job in your area of expertise

Thank you goon, that actually made me feel better :unsmith:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Happy birthday. I know it's not the same from an internet stranger, but it's better than nothing at all :shobon: I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to hear it from the person I want to hear it from the most.

I'm sure everything will get better.

Thanks <3

The person I really wanted to hear it from sent me the birthday song by 2 chainz. Like ok. Just say "happy birthday" and get on with your day. I know you have a really weird sense of humor but that's just not right. I didn't even respond.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Teachnically 2 days ago. At work. Threw up in sink in front of everyone. Stumbling around like a drunk (I wasn't). Overheard area manager laughing about it and my store manager saying "it isn't funny." (Area manager hates me). Taken away from work by ambulance. Had no goddamn clue where I was when I was conscious enough to see the world.

Good times.

E: and the store and area manager didn't even text me like, "are you ok?" The only person who contacted me was a coworker who I'm not like, friends with outside of work but we're cool/real friendly at work.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 06:29 on Nov 24, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Well the day started off good, I had sex but I pulled some muscle in my leg. Ok fine. But that partially plays into what happened next. I was going to a concert of one of my favorite bands at a venue I (no longer, now) loved. For whatever stupid reason I decided to wear galoshes with no insoles cause there was some snow, not a lot. I didn't think to wear my work shoes which have insoles and I can stand in them for over 12 hours with NO pain whatsoever.

Anyways the show started at 6:30. The opening bands were ok but not great but whatever. Then my band comes on and everyone is drunk and some middle age guys start loudly talking about their middle school girlfriends or some other drunk poo poo. Also a bunch of people were making out. So I moved far away. About halfway through the show (11pm I guess?) I started to feel like I was going to die. It was hot in there. And I mean HOT. Like 100 degrees with no air circulation. I had already drank 2 bottles of water but I literally felt like I was gonna fall over onto the floor, so I had to go to the bar and buy another $5 bottle of water. I couldn't take off my sweater but I was blowing it up and down to get some air but it didn't help much. I walked back over to my friend (I left where he earlier was at due to the loud bros) and was like, dying, and some drunk guy even offered to get me a water. Then I crouched on the floor and my legs were shaking like crazy, likely partially due to sex earlier in the day but also the heat and dehydration. And this part happened during one of my favorite songs. Wonderful!

Furthermore, I'm short as gently caress and didn't think about that so I could barely see the band. And I knew I should have gone closer up in the beginning cause I could have gotten in the third row but I dunno I was tired and foggy-headed, likely from the sex. So a ton of tall people were in front of me, I couldn't see well even with standing on my toes, so at points I just pulled out my drat phone and held it up and zoomed in!

Finally, I wore a light jacket meant for like, early summer, and when I was waking back home I was FREEZING and also collapsed on my floor. Also still shaking. I ate some salt and drank a little water and then felt ok enough to go to the grocery store to get some Gatorade.

Tl;dr my favorite bands concert was ruined by it being crazy hot so I got heat shock or something, and there were too many extremely obnoxious and also lots of tall people so I couldn't see and was also very irritated by the drunks.

I am NEVER going to that venue again.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 08:15 on Dec 1, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Oh and some tonsil stones decided to come out during that concert; first a big one, which was ok cause it came out pretty easy. But then there's little chunks that you feel and want to get out so you try but then you start gagging cause they won't come out. I can't even describe the feeling. And I'm coughing all the time cause of it. And then they come out randomly. I almost threw up my medicine cause of this poo poo.

I've been getting more recently and it's loving disgusting because they smell horrific.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Been getting the low pressure warning for a bit, figured it was weather change cause my car's tires gently caress up with that more than others' cause I have weird tires. Well I went to the guy down in my building 2 days ago to pump my tires and holy gently caress the back right was at 14. I figured ok, it was warm and just got super cold ok. So I just now went in my car and got the warning again. 20. It's supposed to be 32. Weather hasn't changed. And like I said these are special tires you can only get at the dealership cause my car is weird, it can't take regular tires.

Now I get to drive 30+ miles to the least shady dealership in my area to get a new tire OH AND I FORGOT I just had to get a new tire! These things are like $100 each.

My old dealership, before they were bought out and became sketchy trying to pressure you into work your car doesn't need, anyways my old dealership gave me discounts cause I had the worst luck with nails in tires. Like the guy would joke with me when I came in for an oil change like, "need a new tire again?" I miss that guy :smith:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 08:29 on Dec 4, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Apparently I'm a narcissist and piece of poo poo. Really made my day. I know this is the internet and I shouldn't take it seriously but it still hurts. IRL tons of coworkers, customers, and friends say that I am super nice and nobody says poo poo about me except my old psycho GM who everyone hated. One customer said I was the best manager there cause I was so friendly and helpful. Anyways I can't even vent about being treated like poo poo at a hospital without people saying I'm bad for doing that.

I was treated better on Reddit of all places.

Anyways that completely ruined my day.

E, like 16 hours later cause of 16 hr shift: I got off work at a store I never worked at like an hour ago and a guy I never met said "it was great working with you, I hope I see you again." And it wasn't in some fake rear end tone, he was being sincere.

So gently caress off assholes saying I'm a narcissistic piece of poo poo.

E2:--Im really sorry for all the cursing, I'm just still mad about this. Stupid internet.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:50 on Dec 12, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

I wish I could just get normal colds like regular people. Instead it's bronchitis or something every goddamn time. I cough so hard I puke and see stars for hours on end, bringing up mouthfuls of phlegm.

I don't even feel sick, no chills or malaise or head congestion. Just firey burning lungs and a cough so powerful it'll probably give me an aneurysm.

Were you ever prescribed an inhaler for this? I've had horrific colds loving my lungs and my inhaler was a godsend.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Devoz posted:

My marriage is falling apart and I don't have anyone I feel like I can talk to about it.

E/N subforum

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

No, because no one has ever taken me seriously except the one time it was legit pneumonia. But then I was on an inhaler and meds and I'd never breathed so well in all my life. I should get more angry at doctors.

Don't be angry because then they won't take you seriously. Do you have a PCP? Or do you have an urgent care by you? The urgent care is honestly the best to go to if you can't see your PCP if you have one. Describe your symptoms in extreme detail.

Some doctors are just poo poo. I don't advertise doctor shopping but if a doctor is not treating your symptoms and the one you're seeing sound horrible please find someone else (obviously don't go around every doctor in the area, that's bad and yeah) . If you honestly can't breathe go to the ER, in my many years of experience they can wipe your costs or set up a payment plan if finances are an issue.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 09:26 on Dec 12, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Midig posted:

It really should not affect you. You can be sure as hell that if someone calls you a narcissist, sociopath etc. that they are most likely full of poo poo. Its the most common form of armchair psychology

One of the people was a (supposedly who knows it's the internet) a legit psychologist IRL. I really respected this person because they always gave good advice and seemed very knowledgeable. But: if you're a psychologist why would you ever say something bad about a person with mental AND health issues?

Life shitted on me again today and I'm not even going to say why. It doesn't matter.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

FirstAidKite posted:

An unfortunate thing I've come to accept over the past several years is that just because you are educated on a particular field doesn't mean you have the proper means of conveying it or discussing it or acting upon it. I had a psychiatrist for a bit who was this wonderful lady who was from South Africa and she was old enough that she would have definitely lived through the apartheid and would have had first-hand experience with being discriminated against. Then at some point she found out that I knew what Brexit was and she told me about the time she lived in Britain and the awful foreigners who were all moving in and taking shits in pots out in the open and then just dumping it in the streets and how Brexit should happen because the diseased foreigners would stay out and dirty up another country instead.

....I'm glad she's not my psychiatrist anymore because hoo boy was that a lot to suddenly have dumped on me when I went in for a med appointment lol

I also know some people with psych degrees who decided that my fiancee's mental problems were actually fake and that she was just copying my mental problems and that this was all my fault because I was making her copy me because blah blah blah

Basically, it's really frustrating, but humans can just be really loving lovely to/about others, regardless of their education, regardless of their occupation, regardless of their experiences, regardless of facts, and regardless of common loving sense dictating that maybe someone trained and educated to not say certain things would, in fact, not say certain things. Sometimes, people are just idiots, whether intentionally, purposefully, maliciously, or unintentionally, obliviously, and I can only hope that you can take some solace in this video. It doesn't apply 100% to your situation but I hope the general message applies well enough that you can feel at least maybe the tiniest littlest bit better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZvT2r828QY

Thank you <3 I really appreciate you acknowledging that because you're right. Some people are just bad.

I've had a lot of crappy psychologists in the past but none that ever said such poo poo about me; the worst I've had was a lady who kept looking at her clock. I have a wonderful counselor now who is doing her absolute best to fit me into her schedule despite it being full.

I honestly assume that this person who said I was crap has very bad reviews everywhere.

Not related: dumb rear end Area Manager who is moody to begin with told me the wrong schedule despite writing it down himself and me talking to him and writing it down myself while talking to him on the phone and I told him to check the cameras, I wrote it down, is now pissed that I wasn't there but YOU TOLD ME I WAS NOT WORKING THAT DAY. He also wrote it down on his own schedule sheet!!! He is that type of person who is controlling and a liar and wouldn't even speak to me and I didn't even try to discuss it cause I'm not gonna put up with this poo poo, I'm too old for it. I was supposed to be promoted but I am 100% certain I am not now.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:26 on Dec 17, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Ok now I've talked to people who worked on Steve Wilkos. It isn't fake. I never thought it was cause I met the guy and he's a literal good person, and my hair stylist said she worked with him when he brought his kids to day care. He just really does not like bad people.

There's a story I'm watching about molestation and the lady is like "I was 11 and my son was already 2 or 3." I had to rewind it like 5 times to make sure I heard it right.

What. The. gently caress.

I hate people.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Went to my favorite places of all (sarcasm), the hospital, again. Same symptoms as before. They were very nice and respectful, that's why I took an Uber 40 minutes there instead of the shithole next to me. I have been there many times before and all my doctors are through their health system so they know everything about me, including my prior alcoholism, and still listen to and treat all my symptoms. I'm only saying this because of the people who said I was being mean/whatever when I was saying the hospital next to me was a shithole.

I am going to the doctor today based on the diagnosis.

I have about 100 or more hospital wristbands. Reallll sick of the hospital.

So basically day sucks cause I spent the first quarter of the day in the hospital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

ulex minor posted:

No one was saying you were being 'mean' for complaining about your doctors - health professionals in the healthcare thread weren't responding to you when you kept double posting things like 'please be nice to your patients I beg you' because they're not a bunch of Nurse Ratcheds that need you to wake them up to their insensitivity to patients and would never have thought about being kind to their patients before you woke them up. You were being rude to talk to them like that.

Hmm I didn't realize I was doing that :( now I feel bad for saying that stuff.

I do still stand by the statement that that hospital is poo poo because everyone I know says it and it has like a 1.5 star review but I feel really lovely that I said that stuff in that thread.