Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Whitlam posted:

I have the flu and all I know is suffering.

Me too buddy.

So does my three year old, so I'm home from work, trying not to die too hard on account of him.

Earlier I coughed and aspirated dry paracetamol dust. I guess a capsule got lodged in my throat, opened up and when I coughed, blew it all out like I was some kind of cursed pharmacutical mummy. It was... interesting. It also then set off a bunch of vomiting that brought up everything I was so proud of keeping down this morning.

I feel like it would be managable if not for this godawful headache, just make it stop jesus gently caress

princecoo has a new favorite as of 02:38 on Oct 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
So it seems like I'm over the flu - but that fucker left me with what I think is Satans own chest infection, so yay. Coughing up thick green slime all day and night is just super fun you guys.

So I've missed 2 weeks of work now, and this fuckery means I'm not going to get paid next week because I've already blown through all my sick leave (between time off sick for myself and my kids). But daycare will still want their weekly $400, so I don't know what I'm going to do about that.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Just got back from taking my son to get stitches in his lip after an incident at the daycare.

Daycare don't know what happened, they weren't watching. On the phone they were like "it's not bad"

Motherfucker the kids needs stitches, his face is hanging open, I will be on the loving warpath tomorrow.

He is 5 years old.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I'm still sick. I had Influeza A like, loving 4 weeks ago and now I've got this goddamn cough that will not go away and I still feel like poo poo, and joy, I coughed up blood this morning and now it looks like I've got a wonderful lung infection.

I've had to beg money from my mother to pay for daycare because this will be week 4 off work (I worked last week but went home early on Friday because a few customers expressed concern over my obvious ill health) so I have no money but goddamn daycare for my 2 kids is $450 a week.

gently caress.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

princecoo posted:

I'm still sick. I had Influeza A like, loving 4 weeks ago and now I've got this goddamn cough that will not go away and I still feel like poo poo, and joy, I coughed up blood this morning and now it looks like I've got a wonderful lung infection.

I've had to beg money from my mother to pay for daycare because this will be week 4 off work (I worked last week but went home early on Friday because a few customers expressed concern over my obvious ill health) so I have no money but goddamn daycare for my 2 kids is $450 a week.

gently caress.

So I've not coughed up blood since, so that's nice. But today I pulled some muscles between/over my ribs in a coughing fit, so now my every moment is sweet, sweet agony. It hurts like hell to breathe in, and holy gently caress does it hurt when I cough. Which is nearly constantly.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

princecoo posted:

So I've not coughed up blood since, so that's nice. But today I pulled some muscles between/over my ribs in a coughing fit, so now my every moment is sweet, sweet agony. It hurts like hell to breathe in, and holy gently caress does it hurt when I cough. Which is nearly constantly.

aaaand my ribs are officially a punishment for all sins of all possible past lives from all universes because just when I thought I might be getting better (the cough did ease off for about 2 days) I got smacked hard with even less fun coughing/wheezing fits, and my ribs have me in tears now. gently caress everything.

Doctor gave me yet another week off, but I cannot afford to take it since I'm already a week behind on daycare payments. So off to work I go on Monday in perpetual agony and coughing myself to death. Hooray.\

Edit: I'm starting to seriously wonder if I havn't cracked a rib or something, this hurts so loving much.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Went to the hospital at 2am this morning because I couldn't take the pain anymore. So apparently I've blown out all the cartilage between my ribs on my right side, and the treatment is... pain management, until it settles on its own. Which it won't, as long as I have the cough. Also they gave me paracetamol and ibuprufen, with no relief, so they gave me some tylenol, which helped not at all, so then they gave me endone, which eventually allowed me to breathe less painfully and finally go the gently caress to sleep.

Work tomorrow is going to be just the most fun, I can't wait.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

Tylenol IS paracetamol.

Here they are stab happy to give people dialudid first thing, I'm sorry you don't live in such a glorious country as :911: (assumin AUS since you said paracetamol and endone)

If I am wrong and you're from the USA you went to a very lovely hospital.

Yeah I'm Aussie and yeah, you're right, I got the name wrong, it weasn't Tylenol it was something else beginning with T (endone has to be okayed in person by a doctor and whatever this stuff was it was the last thing they could give me on top of paracetamol and ibuprufen before he'd have to get out of bed at 3am and come in to say they could give me endone) It might have been Toradol?

So work was easily dealt with. Turned up, boss took one look at me and told me to go home. So I do look as bad as I feel! I do not know what I'm going to do about money, I'm hoping I can rest enough today to pull off a shift tomorrow but the pain is pretty loving intense.

Thin Privilege posted:

This awesome show imo called Blue Mountain State made over their $2 million goal on kickstarter to make a feature film with a Hollywood opening but Lionsgate or whatever just pocketed the funds, banned the opening, and only let people watch the film through some lovely website you could only access on mobile (and only if you had donated to the kickstarter). Needless to say I never got to watch the film. :saddowns:

Well that bummed me out too. It's on Netflix and I really enjoyed the series.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

cyberia posted:

Are you taking some sort of cough suppressant?

Yup. Barely worked, from coughing every 5 to 15 seconds to maaaaybe going nearly 30 - 45 without a fit.

As it is now my cough has subsided a fair bit - I only really get going if I move, or encounter air conditioning, or a change in temperature, or breathe to deeply/shallowly. Mostly moving. If I'm lying in bed, or sitting at my computer, I'm generally good. Get up for any reason and it's time to feel like I'm breaking some ribs again.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Well today was a mixed bag. First day back at work, still sick. No sick leave, and I'm $500 overdrawn on my savings account with $40 away from maxing my credit card. So hell or high water, I was going to work today.

To that end I smashed down my prescribed mobic (for the inflamation around my hosed ribs) and added 2 panadein forte (basically paracetamol and codein), a valium and when that didn't help, added half an oxycodone tablet at lunch.

Work was painful, but not staggeringly so, due to the fact I was pretty well stoned out of my mind. That said, I functioned really well, but a few people did ask if I was feeling well, due to the fact I was pale and have almost entirely lost my voice. I was as chatty as I could be, and aside from the rib pain (which was dramatically reduced, thanks to all the meds) I was having a pretty good day, and it was going by fast (also probably due to the meds).

I talked to my boss about my condition, and he was pretty cool about it, and when I asked if I could get off checkouts so I could go fill stock, get moving around more (so I wouldn't fall asleep or something standing in one place drugged up to the eyeballs), he was okay with that and gave me a list of poo poo to do. So then I had free range to plug away at work, without having to deal with customers. It was great.

Then I had to cover someones break on checkouts, which was fine, but I coughed a little. Not a big coughing fit or anything, just a cough. (good news is while I'm still sick, the coughing is subsiding pretty well, which is a huge relief to my poor ribs) The second customer in line asked if I was sick. I replied I "Nah, I'll be alright, just a little cough."
I guess my reply with my whispery/puberty squeaking/gravelly voice upset her because she then told me I shouldn't be at work. I smiled and said "Eh, I'm alright, and besides, staying at home doesn't pay the bills."

She wandered off.

Turns out she went and complained that I'd make her sick and was coughing all over her groceries and being super gross and poo poo, so the boss "sent me home" by which he basically came over and pretended like I was being sent home, but then when I'd left the checkout, he just said to go back to the stock stuff. Which was cool.

Except 20 minutes later the woman came back in and saw me filling shelves near the back of the store and complained again, so I got sent home for real.

loving hell. I'm annoyed.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
welp you maniacs appear to have voted an insane bigoted citrus fruit into power so that's ruined my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Most all my days lately have been lovely because my wife kicked me out, filed for divorce and won't let me see the kids, and I have absolutely no idea why for any of it.