Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I was gonna whine about how I was strongly encouraged to leave the job I had been doing for just over a month, and now my anxiety is steadily creeping up and I haven't even started looking for something new because I lost all confidence that I'm actually good at what I do, but after this last page I kinda don't think I want to. I did anyway. Take care, you guys. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I made garlic bread yesterday lunchtime.

Woke up every hour in the night with screaming indigestion, took a lot of rennies, threw up a little bit once, felt bloated and gross all night and was 99% sure at 3am I'd poisoned myself.

Fine today!! Just tired. Maybe garlic intolerant but I'm not loving testing it, just won't eat so much at once. Life without garlic is not worth living

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Christ I'm sorry for your loss Pastry and I'm sorry cosmo, a birthday in lockdown is zero fun.

I'm a preschool teacher and today I've been reading more and more about how schools here won't get back until September or longer, and I'm just devastated that a whole bunch of my amazing, inspirational, funny, sweet, annoying, lovely kids will go to school without their last months of preschool and I won't see them again. Some of them desperately needing those few months of preschool to prepare them, and some who frankly are ready to go right now, even though they're only 4 in the summer.

The day before we closed a parent said to her kid, "you might not see Apples for a while, give her a hug" and we had a big hug and this is one of the little ones who'll be back, hopefully, if we still have a preschool by the time this is over, and if his place is kept open for a single mother who might not be able to afford to pay for it to stay open, and I just... sometimes it hits me.

This year group since September has legit been my favourite cohort ever in my career and I'm just devastated. They deserve so much better.

eating only apples has a new favorite as of 00:39 on Mar 29, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Nowhere near as bad as most of the things posted here. But I just smashed a full glass of a nice mint and gin cocktail. A glass that my dad engraved with the Tree of Gondor the day after I got my Tree of Gondor tattoo, a glass I've used every day for over a year. I see my dad maybe twice a year, having that lovely reminder of him every time I drank something was special. It was one of a kind and now it's gone.

I also cut my finger when it broke.

(he's gonna make me a new one)

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Hedrigall posted:

It’s the thought that counts

gently caress off dude, that's not the case when there's clearly no thought at all.

My day is lovely because it's been a year since I saw my family and Christmas is gonna be bullshit and everyone around me has their family close by and can do a bubble or whatever so when I go back to work they'll all be talking about their loving christmas dinner and I just want it to go away

e: also i did a gift exchange with a friend in the US to try and cheer both our christmases and her package got to me last week while mine to her seems to be stuck in loving customs limbo and is still saying it'll be no later than 24/12 but let's see if that's true

eating only apples has a new favorite as of 02:02 on Dec 23, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
My brother, who lives with my parents and other brother, tested positive yesterday, 4 days after we were all together with my grandparents, and no one even bothered to tell me

:waycool:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
My grandpa died on Wednesday.

I posted this story before and someone said it made them tear up so I'll say it again. When I was really little I loved the show Animals of Farthing Wood, a story about animals escaping industrialisation to reach a nature reserve (with a surprising amount of death in between). I gave my whole family nicknames from the show and my grandpa was Toad. 30 years later I still call him that. I will miss him forever.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I got a chest infection over a week ago and this disgusting chesty cough just will not shift and I'm sick of it. I've pulled all sorts of muscles in my ribs and shoulders from coughing so hard and it hurts. This is a yearly thing for me and always has been but I always forget how much it sucks.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
My workplace is the best of its kind I've ever worked in, until recently. I was lying awake until 1 last night and had a little cry about how stressful I'm finding it.

Just management feeling the need to micromanage. Making it very clear they don't trust us. We had a pretty decent routine going on and now they've decided to put a routine in place down to the nearest 5 minutes as to what we should be doing. We loving know.

And it'll change again in the next 2-3 months so might as well roll with it, but I'm still having a hard time figuring out how it will work. Staff have left and they promised to cover their hours but haven't, so once again it's only me and my colleague doing the shutdown at the end of the day, when once upon a time it was 3 or 4 of us doing it. Hell, once upon a time we had a loving cleaner!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
My grandpa died in January. I visited my family several times, the day after he died, his funeral, a few weeks later. My grandma wanted to visit me like she and my grandpa did every year since I moved away. It's a 3 hour drive. By train, not horrible, but involving some London changes, not ideal for an 86 year old. My mum offered at the time to drive her and visit me. Sounds lovely! I have a 1 br flat so it'd involve a cheap hotel. Cool.

It didn't happen. When I asked my mum she said "grandma's calendar is pretty full.". Fine whatever

They just went by train to visit my cousin in a big city 4 hours away from them. He has a nice flat in a big city.

I'm hurt. I know it's my mum, not my grandma. I'll take Grandma away for a weekend again next summer. Just won't bother visiting my mum. 10 years since I moved out, I live 3 hours away and she's visited twice. And not for 8 years. I have a father and two brothers too. My dad and middle brother are both capable of driving. No one bothers. None of them give a gently caress.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Dad died last night. Yeah, pretty lovely.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Thanks. gently caress cancer.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

eating only apples posted:

Dad died last night. Yeah, pretty lovely.

lol my gran just died too. gently caress everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Can't agree more, lost my dad in February to it. Condolences & hope you/your family are ok.

Sorry for your loss. We're doing okay. Mum is very businesslike about it with me. It's a relief that he didn't have to do palliative care for long or go into hospice. We lost my grandpa last year and now dad and granny within two weeks of each other. Man, being in your 30s really sucks.