Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Daughter of a family friend got married yesterday in my hometown, when I got the invite in June I told my parents my wife and I weren't coming because it's 800 miles away and taking a day off of work is a huge pain in the rear end right now (all our vacation days tied up in a year-end trip we've been planning since this time last year). They say it's OK and that they're expecting to go by themselves since my brother and sister both live far away too.

Go on FB last night and see a picture of the four of them at the wedding. Fuckers could've at least told me you were planning to go, I would've tried harder to make something work. Now I feel like a bad son and also the black sheep (even more than I felt like it before)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

three job rejections within the same hour got the day off to a fine start.

It's just a job, it shouldn't bother me this much, but I'm starting to feel so unemployable and worthless. I know it's because I'm in that awkward stage between being overqualified for most stuff but apparently undesirable to the traineeships I'm actually applying for, but that doesn't really help. I'm 25. I should have a career, not just a job, and I can't even manage the latter.

Job hunting bloooooooows and employers know it too. My wife is killing herself with interview prep and resume re-writes right now and it sucks to see. Hang in there my man.

Real tired this afternoon and I have to do a couple of audits that I really don't want to do, but I know I'll feel even shittier about myself if I put them off. Fart.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Stressed out about the trip I'm leaving on tomorrow with my wife and my family. I always second-guess my packing when I go abroad and it's especially bad this time. The worst part, however, is that my wife (who organized this trip, which is to her home country, and is justfiably draconian about sticking to the schedule) and my family (who are all adults who want to do their own thing) refuse to communicate with each other and instead use me as a go-between and take their frustrations out on me, when I couldn't really give a poo poo what anyone does and am totally fine just sticking to a plan. Two weeks in SE Asia with everyone I care about in life, and the thing I'm most looking forward to is flying by myself with nothing but a book, my 3DS, and whatever movies the plane has. Sheesh, I sound like an old man.

Also I am sad that I had to board my dog today ahead of the trip :( And it's finally been consistently cold and dark here, two great flavors that do NOT go well together.

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Dec 20, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Vacation update: my wife and my mom both blew up on me tonight because my wife wanted everyone to get in our shuttle van to go back to the hotel on schedule after a night of bar-hopping, while my mother wanted a couple minutes for people to run and get beer for watching football tomorrow morning. Then my mother had the nerve to tell me to grow a pair before telling me how I should treat my wife, while my wife wants to bail on the remainder of the trip because her grandpa was suddenly hospitalized and she's upset about not being there.

Both of them told me at the end of the night (separately) how sorry they were that I couldn't enjoy my vacation. Motherfuckers you are why I can't enjoy it!